Knotts Berry Farm Discussion

Are they ever going to get that rumored giga? I can wait a couple years to take my next west coast trip if they get a new coaster otherwise I will go sooner than later and skip knots all together and only go to magic mountain and marine world. Granted they have xcelerator, but its not worth my time to go to the park and ride one ride and leave.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, Knotts in not a Cedar Point.

Different location, different goals, different customer base.

Give'em a dark ride, bring in RMC to do some work to GhostRider, and call me happy.

(I'm just solely speaking off what I'd want the park to get based on other peoples' wishes. I've never been to Knotts before but by looking at its current lineup I'd say it already looks like a fun park.) But is does seem like California is in need of an airtime machine, so who knows, maybe Knotts will help fill this gap in the future.

• Like 2

If there was ever a giga rumor it was during the dick kinzel era, intimidator 305 and leviathan was dick kinzel... If Matt ouimet was to have a giga built it will certainly be a B&M. We wouldn't want a intamin giga it would be too thrilling, for Cedar Fairs liking.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Knott's thrives at being a true theme park so I don't think adding huge thrilling coasters like Magic Mountain does a lot for the park. On the other hand, just sticking with family rides also won't help; its a gray area. When I think of Knott's and what new thrilling coasters they could add, I can only think of one thing- smaller and compact. There are a handful of thrilling coasters that would fit this criteria like freespins and sky rockets. However SFDK has those two coasters in the bay area and SWSD has a sky rocket of its own.

To be honest I don't know what coaster fits the Knott's mold. Some rides that come to mind are Sandy's Blasting Bronco or Timmy's Half-Pipe Havoc but those are Intamins and I don't know how Cedar Fair feels about working with them again. With that being said however, I think they're small enough to deserve a chance- unless of course Mack could make something similar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Knott's thrives at being a true theme park so I don't think adding huge thrilling coasters like Magic Mountain does a lot for the park. On the other hand, just sticking with family rides also won't help; its a gray area. When I think of Knott's and what new thrilling coasters they could add, I can only think of one thing- smaller and compact. There are a handful of thrilling coasters that would fit this criteria like freespins and sky rockets. However SFDK has those two coasters in the bay area and SWSD has a sky rocket of its own.

To be honest I don't know what coaster fits the Knott's mold. Some rides that come to mind are Sandy's Blasting Bronco or Timmy's Half-Pipe Havoc but those are Intamins and I don't know how Cedar Fair feels about working with them again. With that being said however, I think they're small enough to deserve a chance- unless of course Mack could make something similar.

Coast Rider is one of the worst wild mice ever constructed.

Coast Rider is BRUTAL with those shin guards. I actually don't mind Apple Zapple, which is a shame. I wish they'd replace it with another small footprint coaster. I know most options that would fit there are often-cloned coasters like freespins, sky rocket 2s, Raptors, but Coast Rider is so, so bad. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JimParker85 said:

Coast Rider is BRUTAL with those shin guards. I actually don't mind Apple Zapple, which is a shame. I wish they'd replace it with another small footprint coaster. I know most options that would fit there are often-cloned coasters like freespins, sky rocket 2s, Raptors, but Coast Rider is so, so bad. 

I would love a raptor at Knotts

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Knott's posted on Facebook today that Montezuma's Revenge will undergo extensive renovation and will not open at all in 2022 (except the days from now until 1-9-2022).  

It was under renovation when I visited in 2017 in February and wasn't expected to open until much later in 2017.  

Intresting that two major reno's will take place in 5 years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Well looks like I'm missing out on this one in June, honestly a little disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

It is a fun little ride, gets you differently in the stomach than other coasters. I rode it several times and enjoyed each ride on it.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2013 at 4:09 PM, YoungStud said:

Are they ever going to get that rumored giga? I can wait a couple years to take my next west coast trip if they get a new coaster otherwise I will go sooner than later and skip knots all together and only go to magic mountain and marine world. Granted they have xcelerator, but its not worth my time to go to the park and ride one ride and leave.

Appears they are getting a giga.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Knott’s is an interesting park to look at. They have a lot of great themed attractions that are on par with Disney and Universal but then you also have great thrill attractions that surpass what you’d expect from a land locked amusement park. As the years go on and the industry changes, I wonder how their business model will evolve. Will they add a hyper or some other high thrill attraction to bring in more thrill seekers? Will they add more themed attractions to try and be a more affordable alternative to Disney/ Universal? Will it be a mixture of both?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aaron88stang said:

Wow, a resurrected thread from YoungStud! I wonder how he is doing these days. lol 

I’ve also wondered about The Interpreter and ItalianChef as well. Both were just prolific posters so long ago, but during one of my long hiatuses from the site I lost track of them.

• 1 month later...

Hey does anyone have any information or updates on what is going on with Montezuma's Revenge? As far as I know ever since they removed some track and the loop, the park has been pretty silent other than the announcement that the project was delayed and that Monty would not open this summer as was planned...

4 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

Hey does anyone have any information or updates on what is going on with Montezuma's Revenge? As far as I know ever since they removed some track and the loop, the park has been pretty silent other than the announcement that the project was delayed and that Monty would not open this summer as was planned...

All I’ve seen is speculation that the project has been cancelled. Can’t confirm it. 

• Like 1