Drinking Alcohol in the Parking Lot

KIK

I've been curious how strict Kings Island is with drinking alcohol in the parking lot and couldn't find anything completely condoning it. Does security not mind as long as you are over 21 or is it always a no no?

And I'm talking about drinking a beer or two while eating lunch/dinner, not slamming beers down with some frat boys. Anyone have any knowledge on this topic?

It does not matter if you drink a beer or two at the outside picnic area or in the parking lot at or in your car, it is prohibited. I have seen security force guests to dump their beer out as they were on the grassy area by the picnic area by the season pass building. They were also told that in the future, please don't sit down in the grassy area where dogs do their business, at least if you don't mind what you are sitting in. But they can be charged with having an open container if Mason PD catches them and if they happen to be sitting in their car, with the keys in the ignition, then how do you spell DUI?

• Like 1

I do partake in the parking lot. Who can afford the price for a cold one inside the park? Like others have said keep it low key and keys out of the ignition. Bike security is tough to spot. Cedar Point has cameras in the lot and they are like ninjas. We nearly got caught but quickly put them back in the cooler.

• Like 1

Kings Island has cameras every where, including in the parking lots. Another thing park security enforces is the rule against having grills. I have seen guests try to use a grill at the picnic tables outside of the season pass building and were forced to stop. One guest had just placed the charcoal into the grill and fired it up and could not understand why they were not permitted to use it. All they had to do was look behind them at all the trees and the fire hazard it presented.

I'm surprised by the "if you do it, make sure you don't get caught" posts on here. The point is, it's not legal, whether you get caught or not. You should not be doing it or encouraging others to find ways to skirt the law. As enthusiasts I like to think that we should be setting examples for park guests, not purposely ignoring the rules.

• Like 11

I'm surprised by the "if you do it, make sure you don't get caught" posts on here. The point is, it's not legal, whether you get caught or not. You should not be doing it or encouraging others to find ways to skirt the law. As enthusiasts I like to think that we should be setting examples for park guests, not purposely ignoring the rules.

I get it's not legal but do you always abide by the posted speed limit?

The best parking lot infraction I saw this year was a lit barbeque grill and several guys drinking beer... in the bed of a parked pickup truck! Yeah, I called security and they were there in less than 30 seconds.

Just curious but were these guys bothering you or harassing you in any way?

• Like 2

Being a snitch is worse than trolling. I don't drink in the parking lot, but I have seen several people drinking everywhere including up by the front gate before they walked in! Never seen security or police do anything, ever! I wish I knew who stacked a pyramid of beer cans on my ride one time! Then somebody would have been calling somebody, on me! I only drink when I get a hotel with the wife and cab it, can't afford the risk and I don't drink and drive!

• Like 4

They obviously don't do a very good job of patrolling the parking lot for Haunt. People are stumbling around, punching Scaractors, vomiting.

Not to mention the bottles of alcohol you find in the bathroom toilets that obviously weren't purchased in the park.

Either way, don't be a narc, don't ruin someone else's time if they aren't affecting your day.