New Texas Giant to reopen this weekend

Huh? What ride that had an accident at SIX was "down to the ground?"

Not Superman at Darien Lake (then Six Flags).

Not Bizarro at Six Flags New England.

(Yes, Superman: Tower of Power at Kentucky Kingdom, but one example does not a pattern make).

Not Rolling Thunder (unless decades later counts).

I'm not aware of this "the ride had an incident so it's gone" mentality at Six Flags, now or in the past.

Now, if you want to talk about perilous plunges...

• Like 5

yay, it should have been opened a week after the incident IMO.

I strongly disagree, someone flew out of the ride , and died, on a ride they had faith in SIX in that they would return to the station and be able smile and clap, and enjoy the rest of their life. Safety is the number one thing, and in the end the ONLY thing that should matter. Six Flags, and the state, should and will take their time to guarantee the safety of their guests.

• Like 11

You're nowhere near qualified to make operating decisions at Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or any amusement park.

What are the qualifications?

For one thing, you should probably wait more than seven days to reopen a ride where a woman fell to her death. A week doesn't give much time to have a thorough investigation and give the ride necessary changes.
  • Like 6

Really, a week? YoungStud, I would not trust you in the amusement park industry. Six Flags is kinda screwed in my opinion. The coaster was bad as it was when it was still "Texas Giant." Since all the parks share the same name, the company has gotten a bad reputation over the years from other incidents. That doesn't really happen with companies like Cedar Fair. Its not like people stopped riding Congo Falls at Kings Island because of the Shoot the Rapids accident in Cedar Point.

• Like 3

Its an interesting point about naming the parks the same or having a similar moniker in the name of the park or rides..... Forgive me if I am wrong, but did Six Flags ever market their individual parks by their name or did they market it as SIX FLAGS (local name)....

When an injury happens, the news has always stated Six Flags park located in (State) but usually the only thing you hear is Six Flags... Makes people a bit freaked out.

Always wondered why parks were named similarly. I get its easier to market as one brand but when you have a problem with one place, customers will thing its their version of the local one....

• Like 3

This "I don't give a ****" attitude bothers me a lot - so much that I'm writing as I am. SOMEONE DIED! A single life taken is more tragedy than needs to be and you have this "Oh, let's just let the son of a ***** run - it's ok - only one person was killed and she was overweight anyway, or the stupid ride-op wasn't on the ball" My god - what if that was your mom, or your dad, or your son or daughter? Would you just put them back on the coaster the following week?

I'm sorry, but if a death seems to have no value, someone shoot me now and save me the pain of living. You can ban me from the site if you wish, too.

• Like 12