Intamin, Inc

shawnofthedead

I think I would like to see a Maverick before a Giga at KI. Honestly, I don't see KI going with Intamin if they added a Giga anyway.

Who would you see them using if they were to add a giga. D H Morgan defunct, B&M supposedly only built Leviathan as "favor" and then there is Intamin. I would personally be somewhat disappointed if they didn't use Intamin although with Steel Dragon and Leviathan I'm going off video and pics alone. But do you think another manufacturer would jump into the gigas?

I think they could talk B&M into a Giga. KI has repeatedly stated they want reliable rides, hence they will most likely not be using Intamin as their first choice.

• Like 1

And B&M is in the business of designing and selling rides, not of doing "favors."

Yeah well I'm not saying that B&M built Leviathan as a "favor" is a fact. I'm saying that's what I have heard that's what I have read. Now if that's true and it's also true that KI won't use Intamin, which manufacturer would they use?

If we were ever to get a giga I think you'd need Intamin in order to do it right.

So are you saying B&M got it wrong with Leviathan? I have only ridden Mille so I have not been able to compare the two.

I also have not been on Leviathan so all I can do is compare its pov with Millenium and I305 and both the Intamins seem much more forceful. I wouldn't say that if B&M were to build KI a giga that it wouldn't be a good ride, but as it stands I would prefer they use Intamin.
  • Like 1

Both intamims seem forceful in a video pov

Glad you can tell g force from a coaster video where the camera is attached go the front of the train at the level of the front of the restraints.

Millie actually looks pretty lame in the video and slightly...boring

Videos aren't food proof of rides, riding rides is good proof

Leviathan is nice, and I actually prefer it, it's train design and slower lift hill offer more of a view and that oh crap were high sensation. Also it's turns are incredibly smooth

• Like 2

I think I would like to see a Maverick before a Giga at KI. Honestly, I don't see KI going with Intamin if they added a Giga anyway.

Who would you see them using if they were to add a giga. D H Morgan defunct, B&M supposedly only built Leviathan as "favor" and then there is Intamin. I would personally be somewhat disappointed if they didn't use Intamin although with Steel Dragon and Leviathan I'm going off video and pics alone. But do you think another manufacturer would jump into the gigas?

I think they could talk B&M into a Giga. KI has repeatedly stated they want reliable rides, hence they will most likely not be using Intamin as their first choice.

The great pumpkin coaster is reliable, and is just as thrilling as b&m's.

• Like 1

Both intamims seem forceful in a video pov

Glad you can tell g force from a coaster video where the camera is attached go the front of the train at the level of the front of the restraints.

Millie actually looks pretty lame in the video and slightly...boring

Videos aren't food proof of rides, riding rides is good proof

Leviathan is nice, and I actually prefer it, it's train design and slower lift hill offer more of a view and that oh crap were high sensation. Also it's turns are incredibly smooth

Ok the only one I'm going completely off of video is Leviathan and I said my opinion was based off a pov. All I'm saying is Leviathan pov doesn't seem like it would be as forceful a Millenium and I305 are.

What is the point of this thread? Another person who didn't realize we had Intamin rides at the park, then it stems off into dreaming about giga coasters. Oh sweet. Yeah, Intamin flat rides exist. All you have to do is go to Kings Island's Wikipedia page to find out. It's hilarious that these threads keep getting created then just turn into a "boost your post count about bullcrap posts about B&M vs Intamin". C'mon guys. Recognize a dead thread and move on. Cut this crap out.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

The only way to truly get soaked is standing on the observation bridge at Congo falls to the right hand side and you will be soaked from a rush of water when the boat hits the bottom of the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u got that right when i did it i was soaked
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

If we were ever to get a giga I think you'd need Intamin in order to do it right.

Are you effing serious?!

You need to wake the heck up and get out of Ohio.

Millennium Force may be a longer layout, but Leviathan is everything the Millennium Force wishes it was.

The problem with Intamin is they can not do it right.

Exhibit A: Shoot the Rapids

Exhibit B: I-305

Exhibit C: El Toro

• Like 4

Now, did we REALLY have to respond to one of my posts that happened nearly 2 months ago? One of a topic that is virtually dead and gone now? Trust me, my mindset has changed a lot since then...

And besides, despite El Toro's downtime it had this year, it is still in my opinion hands down the greatest roller coaster ever built (but that does not mean that I don't understand why many parks are refusing to build Intamins these days)...

I am awake but will certainly not be getting the heck out of Ohio anytime soon.

• Like 4