Best Ride Crews 2013

So today marks the start of Haunt and HalloWeeekends and various other Halloween-related event kickoffs. This unfortunately means that summer is slipping away and fall in taking its place, and that the end of operating seasons for regional amusement parks are fast approaching. So, out of all the parks you've been to this past year, which ride at which park do you think has the best ride crew? Were they very efficient? Helpful and kind? Made you and the rest of the guests in the station laugh? I had many great experiences so far, but I'd have to say my favorite has been the crew at Millennium Force at Cedar Point. I've laughed many times, and they create a fun, upbeat atmosphere before getting on the ride. Dragster would come in 2nd.

• Like 3

Raging Bull. Those guys were very aware of how long it was(n't) taking them to get trains loaded and sent, in part thanks to the station countdown clock. But seriously, they were rocking it in July.

Shoutout to the Gatekeeper crew, too. They were doing really well each time I rode that ride. Noticeably speedier than even the rest of Cedar Point, which has maintained its already superior operations from years past.

For 2013, I'd probably have to say either The Racer at Kings Island or Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point.

The TTD crew were focused, fast, and as Terp worded above, safety minded.

But were they as silent as church mice?....Very much so

The Racer crew were focused, fast, and having fun with everyone, which always makes it a good time. When the ride-ops are happy, more guests are happy.

• Like 2

There is a ride op on The Beast crew named Kyle, he is by far the best ride op ever. He screams non stop sounding like King Leonitis. Has the whole platform excited with his Rick Flair like "Wooo's " and it just makes for an all around better experience. Then if you talk to him away from the ride he is the quietest most bashful guy. Hyping crowds is what he was born to do. He loves it as much as the station does.

• Like 3

Shoutout to the Gatekeeper crew, too. They were doing really well each time I rode that ride. Noticeably speedier than even the rest of Cedar Point, which has maintained its already superior operations from years past.

I agree. Honorable mention goes to Gatekeeper. Thet crew really gets trains moving. I heard that they have come very close to reaching the desired capacity, which is a great accomplishment.

• Like 2

Gatekeeper, as much as I disliked the ride had the best crew in terms of capacity.

Diamondback this year has been awful though. Did not once see them even attempt so called 'power hours'. Sorry DB, you went from the best crew in '09 to the worst. But then again many of the '09 DB crew were originally part of the '08 Beast crew, Which was regarded as the best crew in the rides history.

• Like 3

Diamondback had a stellar crew this year as always. Beast was definitely good except for that guy who mans the microphone and has the 300 spiel at night (at least the nights I ran into him). Adventure Express' crew deserves some nods as well, they definitely made their ride fun despite being one of the more under appreciated rides.

• Like 1

That was Kyle, I always loved how he hyped the crowd. But I can understand how it would have been annoying to someone "not in the mood". As for Diamond Backs crew this year, I thought they were really bad. Before this season I didn't even know what the term stacking meant. I saw Young Stud call it "Diamond Stack" ,and he was right. I have ridden it soo many times this year and they almost never got the train dispatched before the other was back. I have also seen where one of the ride op's would not send the train till everyone was yelling back at him loud enough, to the point that all three trains were just sitting..

• Like 4

Kings Island:

Flight Deck is my #1, next go to Racer, Skyflyer, Drop Tower, or FOF for operations and procedures

Worst Crews: Vortex, WindSeeker, and Diamondback, for operations, and just lack thereof for motivation/work ethic

Cedar Point:

Gatekeeper wins, hands down. Perfectly hand selected crew, works flawlessly, and just way above par

Close seconds have to be Power Tower, Gemini, Raptor, or Sky Ride in terms of operations and procedures

Worst Crews: Giant Wheel or Tiques. Possibly Mantis

Ugh, don't remind me. A full-station wait for Voyage when I was there took a half an hour, I kid you not. Unacceptable. All 3 coasters had single-train operation that day. I don't think I'm going to risk another trip next year to Holiday World.

Also, apparently Voyage isn't getting Timberliners any time soon...

• Like 2

What's with all the hate towards Diamondback's crew? Sure they had their off moments, but I wouldn't put them anywhere near worst. :huh:

If its just because of the stacking, well...a majority of coasters have stacking issues at some point.

As for WindSeeker's crew, I know most of them and a lot of them hate the ride, basing it off of a lot of the GP's dislike of the ride plus the incidents the others have gone through, overseeing the fact that ours has been one of the more reliable ones.

• Like 2

B&m coasters are made for capacity especially the hypers. You just have a clambshell restraint to give a quick check, no seatbelt, and you dknt have to bend over as low like on other coasters. Other parks has a 60second clock in the station. Ours would have to be 180 seconds.

It would take no time for two people to run down one side checking 16 restraints each, but they have 6-8 crew members checking restraints.

• Like 1

For WindSeeker operations hinder the ride as well...look and watch the ride...the op in controls also checks restraints. So if they need to unlock s row or whatever he has to stop his job and do that. Combine this with bad operations practices, and then the minor employees...it's just a disaster

Vortex...terrible enthsiasm, poor dispatch intervals, no cohesion (saw clears up and train was stacked, controls busy day dreaming)

Diamondback...we all have seen the posts...also personal disappointment in a few employees like from kic day earlier this year...ect.

I think best crew, in part, depends on your personal preference. Do you like chatter and jokes? Or do you prefer quiet, with a small quick spiel?

Of course we all desire efficiency, speed, and safety.

I enjoyed The Beast's crew this season, both chatty and quiet days/shifts. They seemed quick, efficient, safe, yet understanding. Several times I seen riders having an issue and the crew was not exasperated or snippy with the guest, but helped them with a smile and kindness... something missing from more than few places in the park and world.

The Vortex had a terrible crew this year. Rude, boring, and seemingly they could not care less about what they were doing. There was an incredible lack of communication the last several times I rode.

In the end, the crew can enhance or detract from a ride experience, but a terrible crew doesn't keep me from riding.

• Like 1

The only issues I had with beast crew was spiels, doing stupid stuff (saw a blue tag rip open the gates once, then when they closed pushed them closed, camera on ride, not stopped, ect), and it was just spotty quality all season, just inconsistent. They were good, but not the best, or worst for me.

I will say the people saying the same crews over and over for rides is pretty impressive...

I will give WindSeeker the fact it's operational procedures are lame, but that's it