Ask Mr. Ouimet

fanofFirehawk

Why that horrid fast pass system was implemented. It has ruined the capacity of the rides, especially Diamondback.

I can answer this one for you. KI is a business and businesses are in business to make money. They are not in business to appease to a very very small fraction of their customer base and leave an absurd amount of money on the table just so said customer base can get on Diamondback five minutes faster.

• Like 11

Why that horrid fast pass system was implemented. It has ruined the capacity of the rides, especially Diamondback.

I can answer this one for you. KI is a business and businesses are in business to make money. They are not in business to appease to a very very small fraction of their customer base and leave an absurd amount of money on the table just so said customer base can get on Diamondback five minutes faster.

You mean 3 hours faster?

You mean 3 hours faster?

Did people even have to wait three hours on opening day of the ride? Do you have any idea how long that line would stretch? You are not waiting three hours for the ride, don't be silly

• Like 3

Well of course you found it fun, but would you spend $40-$55 EVERY time you go to Kings Island?

No, not at all (my dad will), but neither will everyone else purchasing a Fast Lane either.

If you had bothered to go to

link which I posted above, you understand what I'm getting at, your probably only going to buy it once or maybe twice a year.

The title of this thread is "Ask Mr. Quimet". Windshawne asked a legit question. Why is there debate about Fast Pass going on in this thread? She's allowed to ask a question, you're allowed to comment on it, but this is being turned into a debate about Fast Passes. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next 15 to 20 posts, Son of Beast shows up with someone claiming that they were so happy they had a Fast Pass 'cause they were able to get right on SOB.

Someone told me yesterday that I was preaching. Well, son, that's kinda/sorta what I do. But I think it may be time to take my ball and go home.

• Like 3

The Fast Lane pass does not have a noticable difference on ride capacity. But I have to say, the Banshee plinko game really messed up capacity for the rides. The Fast Lane line for Diamondback was all the way up to the entrance and most of the people in the Fast Lane had their Plinko tickets.

The title of this thread is "Ask Mr. Quimet". Windshawne asked a legit question. Why is there debate about Fast Pass going on in this thread? She's allowed to ask a question, you're allowed to comment on it, but this is being turned into a debate about Fast Passes. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next 15 to 20 posts, Son of Beast shows up with someone claiming that they were so happy they had a Fast Pass 'cause they were able to get right on SOB.

Someone told me yesterday that I was preaching. Well, son, that's kinda/sorta what I do. But I think it may be time to take my ball and go home.

The person said: "Preach."

That means they whole-heartedly AGREE with you and want you to keep it up.

Loosen up. Agreeing with you is not a bad thing, is it?

• Like 2

You mean 3 hours faster?

Did people even have to wait three hours on opening day of the ride? Do you have any idea how long that line would stretch? You are not waiting three hours for the ride, don't be silly

Actually I timed it and I was in line for 3 hours the past opening day.

I remember those glorious days before Fast Lane. Both at Cedar Point and Kings Island every line moved much, much faster.

But yes, I know, Cedar Fair put it in to make money. I acknowledge that. They're a company and that's their job. But you can't say it doesn't suck...

You seem to forget even Paramount tried to implement their own version of Fast Lane. Don't single out Cedar Fair when others obviously tried to tap into funds.

Oh, and I don't think Fast Lane sucks. It pays for Banshee, it pays for maintenance, it pays for lower food prices.

• Like 3