What would you think if kings island was not owned by Cedar Fair.

CP&LERR Fan

Take a moment and think about Kings Island 8 years ago. Now think about Kings Island today. Now what would Kings Island look today if paramount owned it. List rides that won't exist and new rides you think they would create.

You can make up rides get rid of things and make a paramount theming

Things that wouldn't exist

Diamond back

Banshee

Soak City would be boomerang bay

WindSeeker

• Like 2

I don't know what rides we would have or not have, or what theming the rides would have or not have, but I think the ownership of Great Wolf Lodge might have more of a connection with Kings Island. It might have the park as part owners of the lodge and might have replaced the camp grounds that used to occupy the space. The old camp grounds were a fixture of the park, since it opened in 1972. There would be a larger partnership with the Great Wolf Lodge and with a new camp grounds.

Take a moment and think about Kings Island 8 years ago. Now think about Kings Island today. Now what would Kings Island look today if paramount owned it. List rides that won't exist and new rides you think they would create.

You can make up rides get rid of things and make a paramount theming

Things that wouldn't exist

Diamond back

Banshee

Soak City would be boomerang bay

Man, I'm surprised you think WindSeeker would be there!

• Like 4

If six flags would have bought Kings Island we would have at least 4 new coasters by now.

Was Cedar Fair the only suitor for the chain of parks? Would CBS had sold the parks off individually or were they always packaged as a chain?

SIX wasn't in a position to acquire anything in 2006.

There was a rumor of a suitor for Canada's Wonderland, but I don't recall any revelations about suitors for the other parks. Players at the time might have included Busch, PARC Management, Parques Reunidos, or CNL/Herschend Family Entertainment.

^ (YoungStud)

Possibly, but...they'd be small ones. Like Wild Mice and stuff. The Six Flags CEO at the time of the Cedar Fair-Paramount purchase was actually quoted during an interview where he pointed at Six Flags Over Georgia's Goliath (a massive B&M hyper) and said "No More of These!". And he did not mean just B&Ms, but ALL massive, uber-expensive coasters such as Hypers and larger rides, as buying too many of them is a big part of what caused Six Flags to have money issues. And since then, the only noteable large coaster additions at Six Flags parks? Re-locations, Full Throttle (which itself is a bit short on length), Iron Horse Conversions, RMC Woodies, and X-Flight...a B&M Wing Rider that is way smaller in size than Wild Eagle & Gatekeeper. Everything else was much smaller in scale, and there really is nothing that jumps out the way the Superman Ride of Steel's, Kingda Ka's, Nitro's, Goliath Hypercoasters, Titans, etc etc. do...

The biggest thing I think we might have under current Six Flags would likely be an Iron Horse'd Son of Beast (and that's a stretch considering Kinzel once said it would cost 20 million to do so!), and perhaps a massive Star Flyer instead of WindSeeker. If we were lucky, a X-Flight Clone B&M Wing Rider...All those new additions Six Flags is adding this upcoming year (2014)? All of them look cheap & affordable- wooden coasters are cheaper than large steel ones, flat rides are almost always cheaper than steel coasters, and large new steel coasters are few and far between in the new Six Flags...all of this points to a company that is coming out of bankruptcy and is watching what they are spending. But, it does seem to be working...Six is back on the rise now, according to most, but I don't expect them to add that many new massive coasters to their parks like they did in the late 90's to early 2000's...it'll be more like one or two new steel coasters a year maximum, spread across all their major parks, and I don't think we're going to see hypercoasters (and larger- Gigas & Stratas as well) from this Six Flags anytime soon.

Oh, and at Kings Island, you'd have $20 parking and The Beast would be presented by Snickers. :wacko: Yeah, that's another Six Flags issue. Season Passes would not be expensive though- I've looked at Six Flags' prices and they are in fact very reasonable when you consider most of them get you into EVERY Six Flags for like $100 or less.

So, that's my own realistic prediction on how Kings Island would be under Six Flags had they bought it in 2006 instead of Cedar Fair...

• Like 1

If CBS had owned the park another season or two and not sold, I highly doubt the park would have survived.

Had Busch bought the parks, I really wonder what SeaWorld would be like now.

And yes, this has been done here. Several times.

Why do you doubt the park would've survived? Was Busch an actual possibility?

Or we could be the next Kentucky Kingdom, New Orleans, ect.

False, If they bought Kings Island. They would most likely stay open. It has high attwndance now. Kentucky Kingdom always had a rather low attendance. On a small 58 acres. Where Kings Island has over 200. Kk high limit was 200' at the tallest, so they couldn't build much. Kings Island can build close to 500' New Orleans had a Hurricane come in. So that's not really fair to add in.

• Like 2

I had a dream once while Paramount owned the park, that in the bend in Rivertown, under where the drop to Diamondback is located now an attraction based on Tales From the Crypt would be located. I thought the design would be very similar to Extraterrorestrial Alien encounter (gotta say I loved that ride....watch the video in the Phantom Theater POV thread) only it would be related to a television episode of TFTC, with the Cryptkeeper as the preshow...

Could still be done without the Paramount theme in a certain Crypt across the way.....

The parking lot would now be a well-groomed, lushly landscaped, high-end condominium community, and the former park area would have nice $1MM -$2MM homes surrounding the very unique, SBNO Eiffel Tower centerpiece held over from the old Kings Island days. Sad, middle-aged fanboys would be dusting off their one-of-a-kind, authentic plaques made from Beast and Racer wood as they yearn for just one more night ride. Generations of youngsters would begin hiking in the woods behind their relatively new neighborhood, completely oblivious to the historical significance of the ground upon which they stand. Eventually, almost all will fade away into memory as the only two remaining, recognizable relics of this once-great amusement park stand proudly against the merciless ravages of time: The stoic tower, and the curiously ubiquitous concrete pad, there under the new gazeebo, which is curiously named "Zodiac Bandstand."

Or not.

• Like 8