What could KI do to each ride to improve it?

thoe124

Flight of Fear: Have lights like it used to‚ making it look like your launching into space. Some lasers shooting back and forth some alien noises extend the breaks (if possible) at the mid brake run to hold the car at a banked turn right their.

BLSC: revive full fire effects‚ turn water effects back on.

Boo's Blasters: a new family dark ride that has some cutting edge technology in it . Allow shots to be made visible too.

Miami valley railroad: have short little reactments in the sections of where some props are. Ex. Have a old west shoot out by saloon.

Some cool things id like to see.

Give Soak City as a whole more of a Caribbean feel theme. Have some fake plam trees‚ giant sandbox to build sand castles and have competitions (free 2 day tickets or 2 Fast Lane tickets. Some chairs made out of bamboo. Staw umbrella's‚ steel drum bands playing (Love the sound of steel drums! ).

Some are highly unlikely or impossible but it would be cool to see some upgrafes or changes!

• Like 3

Don't see how y'all have problems with Vortex...it may have some rough areas through the ride, but it's a good old arrow...no problems

DB: Replace wheels, it's getting rough

FOF: Lights in ride as mentioned above

Flight Deck: Get some new theming on, or use the old stuff, it was pretty cool

Congo: More fountains

Beast: Sans Trims

Park Wide: Change operation practices to better hit interval and reach theoretical capacity instead of cutting it to nothing on some rides (see Firehawk, WindSeeker, Drop Tower, ect)

• Like 7

I think it would be cool to have all the lights off on Flight of Fear; it was like this went I rode it very early in the season and it was great! :D Also, it would be cool if FoF had lights-on rides for a limited time (sort-of like Six Flags is turning some of their coasters backwards for short periods of time). Also, I think it'd be cool if they turned all the lights off in most of Adventure Express's tunnels (except for the last tunnel) when it runs at night. That's all I've got for now...

I only have a few that differ from things already brought up:

Adventure Express: move the spears in the first tunnel again. I thought they used to move, at least. Also, maybe some of the track can be redone. It's getting a bit rough on some of the turns.

Racer: I don't know how much they could do with the queue, but I don't like seeing one half of the queue not being used.

Flight Deck: Re-open the museum under the station. It would be a nice break between coasters.

Invertigo: As the train goes up the second hill, I would love for it to stop a few seconds, just to build suspense.

DB: Replace wheels, it's getting rough

This. The rides this year on Diamondback, particularly in the back couple of rows, have been shakier than I'm comfortable with. Some enthusiasts think it's an issue with the trains, but it's not the trains that are causing the problem IMO. Behemoth and Intimidator both delivered smooth rides this year in all seats. I don't know if the problem lies solely with the wheels or if it's the wheel assemblies that need fixed but I'd love to be able to see this addressed sooner rather than later.

♫ If I had a billion dollars ♫ :lol:

I'd return the Eiffel Tower's light package to its original glory, and even add led sparkle to the whole tower (not just the SE-facing side);

Construct a hydraulic loading system around the Monster so that more riders can on-board/off-board simultaneously;

Engineer a cost-efficient way to make the water in Diamondback's splashdown look more appealing;

Buy some licensing and hire some "Imagineers" to overhaul "Boo Blasters" with some interactive, enhanced LED Scooby Magic throughout (including the queue room);

Get rid of the chopper "scene" on BLSC and make it a 2-circuit ride;

Repair and return to service the wonderful band organ at Grand Carousel; and

Reboot Viking Fury by replacing it with a Berzerker.

• Like 2

Flight of Fear: Return the theming back to the way it was when it originally opened, hangar and all.

BLSC: bring back the water and splashdown effects and clean up the chopper/mid-course area, it's starting to look a little rough.

Racer: Return the blue train to it's rear facing position.

Realistically, that is all I can think of for now.

• Like 1

♫ If I had a billion dollars ♫ :lol:

Buy some licensing and hire some "Imagineers" to overhaul "Boo Blasters" with some interactive, enhanced LED Scooby Magic throughout (including the queue room);

Amen to this! I'd like to donate part of my billion dollars to this cause. Where do I sign up?

• Like 1

Flight of Fear:

Contact the Cincy Conservatory school for the arts and get some of their stage people to take on an unpaid "internship" w/ a 10,000 budget to revamp the que area. They have computers in there w/ 5.25" floppy disk drives. There has to be some old computers sitting around that they could use to make the area feel a little more up to date. I've been impressed with some of the work I've seen a student I know at another school do in theater design, I'm sure they could do wonders in that area on a very small budget. Get a lighting package installed in the launch tunnel.

Railroad: get the same interns to revamp the old western scene on the railroad. That desperatly needs some TLC. Again, they could likely do wonders on a very small budget. I'd love to see live actors the way it used to be, but that would require hiring several full time employees for a ride that many consider little more than transportation b/w the water park and the main park.

Woodstock Express: Put the tunnel back in, rename it The Beastie, never change the name again, how many names does a rollercoaster need in its life? Plus there is a woodstock express at seemingly every Cedar Fair park, make KI's unique.

The Beast, nothing needs to be done other than regularly scheduled maintance and retracking. The ride is great, don't mess with it.

Same could be said of Diamondback, fix the wheels and move forward.

Back Lot Stunt Coaster: Fix up the helicopter scene, its looking worn down. Pay for said fix up by advertising on the billboards on that ride. Coke, La Rosa's, Skyline, whatever else is already in the park. I'd also switch out one of the billboards so it had the look/feel of the road condition signs you see every where, the ones that tell you how long it is from that point to another road/landmakr, both in milage and estimated travel time. However, rather than report on the traffic out on 71, tell us the wait time for The Beast, Diamondback, Flight of Fear, Banshee, etc... Make it part of the ride, but make it visable to the general patrons strolling along Coney Mall. I don't now if the KI app has that feature, but it really should, link the billboard into that and you've enhanced the theming and offered up something to someone in the park. Oh and get the water features working again

The Racer, needs repainting. I'd love for it to go back to the original paint job, but realize that isn't very cost effective, so just a nice coat of paint would be a blessing; hope that doesn't lead to any costly problems, evaluate impact prior to commensing.

Tower Gardens: boot out the smokers, get the water feature working, contact the people at Entertainment junction to install a mock up of the park the year it opened with plans to add feature for key rides/addtions like The Beast, Diamondback, etc... down the road. Make sure the rides in the model are working replica of said rides, similar to what entertainment junction has done for Coney Island. Move the KI hall of fame back to that area, put up TVs w/ a documentary on the history of Kings Island, put in a shop just outside of it that would see vintage KI gear, thsirts for The Bat, screamin' demon, etc.. old shot glasses, old The Beast logos that are not used today, etc...

• Like 11

I am sad to say that a repaint proposal in part led to Rolling Thunder's demise. Sometimes deferred maintenance, though saving money in the shortrun, can lead to bigger problems down the road.

Rather curious that neither Racer nor Rolling Thunder had been painted in years. What's the most recent repaint on a major wood coaster?

I am sad to say that a repaint proposal in part led to Rolling Thunder's demise. Sometimes deferred maintenance, though saving money in the shortrun, can lead to bigger problems down the road.

Rather curious that neither Racer nor Rolling Thunder had been painted in years. What's the most recent repaint on a major wood coaster?

I wonder if KI would benefit by inviting enthusiasts and roller coaster clubs to participate in voluntary cleanup days, in exchange for freebies. I'm pretty sure they would get lots of volunteers to paint, rake leaves and spruce up the park, maybe for a free pizza lunch or maybe a couple of hours ride time on one of the coasters.

• Like 2

From my experience, I don't hear anything from the hub assembly, just loud road wheels. Also I remember my last ride in the last car, front row, right seat the wheel road wheel on the back of the car in front of mine was cracked, I brought it up to a ride op, but dunno if they did anything with the info to maint. or not..

Personally I would not allow db to run the way it has this season. Personally I don't see how the park allows it to run this way.

I wonder if KI would benefit by inviting enthusiasts and roller coaster clubs to participate in voluntary cleanup days, in exchange for freebies. I'm pretty sure they would get lots of volunteers to paint, rake leaves and spruce up the park, maybe for a free pizza lunch or maybe a couple of hours ride time on one of the coasters.

NO x 1000. You want to donate your time? Great. Give it to a charity or a place that actually needs it. Not a for profit business.

• Like 4

Let's see...

1. Repaint Racer

2. Rework the track on Flight Deck by adding an additional 30 seconds worth of track. It's a great ride, but needs to be a tad longer. Oh, and re-theme it to The Bat to match Banshee's theme.

3. Spruce up/Update Adventure Express's theming. It too is a nice ride, but could use some love. I would really like to see a do over on the last chain-lift to the station brakes and re-angle it into a last drop with a different run leading up to the station brakes.

I would buy an extra train for Diamondback, and use it to rotate the trains out for TLC.

Sure, the park takes the trains apart and rebuilds them, but in all honesty though, I feel it is a rush job.

It's sad when a coaster built in the 70's, a wood coaster no less, runs better than a steel coaster built in 2009!

I am kind of scared to see what Banshee will become in a few years.

• Like 3

I would buy an extra train for Diamondback, and use it to rotate the trains out for TLC.

Sure, the park takes the trains apart and rebuilds them, but in all honesty though, I feel it is a rush job.

It's sad when a coaster built in the 70's, a wood coaster no less, runs better than a steel coaster built in 2009!

I am kind of scared to see what Banshee will become in a few years.

I feel like Diamondback also looks rather tired too soon for only being 4, nearly 5 years old. It already looks like it could use a touch up on pain and the seats already look rather worn out too in places. I guess with the heavy work its been doing for 4 years, wear and tear is normal but still...I guess its sad knowing I have been riding it since the very day it opened and to see it slowly look more and more tired makes me sad. I mean heck, Vortex is a 26 year old ride and looks better than poor Diamondback does as far as aged. Maybe that's just me, but that's my opinion.

^ Diamondback could be improved by simply treating the water in its splashdown pool. Getting hit with that water on the ride or on the midway is disgusting.

It probably contributes to the "worn" look of the trains as well - see the black splotches on the seats, especially towards the back.

• Like 2