What could KI do to each ride to improve it?

thoe124

1. It's a dual racheting restraint, if it clicks up one, your fine, should it...eh no, but it can

2. Do I think seatbelts should be added, yes, but no...Are they a great judge of restraint safety if you can't buckle it, and does it add a small extra layer of redundancy, yes. However it does slow down loading times therefore lowering capacity.

3. I don't want to call you a liar, buuutt....if the restraint did pop all the way up...don't you think you should have let someone know and the ride would have been shut down or the row taped off and looked at, because that is a major failure, because both parts of the restraint failed..

• Like 3

1. It's a dual racheting restraint, if it clicks up one, your fine, should it...eh no, but it can

2. Do I think seatbelts should be added, yes, but no...Are they a great judge of restraint safety if you can't buckle it, and does it add a small extra layer of redundancy, yes. However it does slow down loading times therefore lowering capacity.

3. I don't want to call you a liar, buuutt....if the restraint did pop all the way up...don't you think you should have let someone know and the ride would have been shut down or the row taped off and looked at, because that is a major failure, because both parts of the restraint failed..

I did tell them, and they did check it out. I never thought I was going to die, I would just prefer that things like that didn't happen.

Bet you didn't wanna know about the DB road wheel falling off and being fine, or millie's lift blowing, or maggies lift blowing (x2), or the TTD cable snap (x2?), other things...Stuff happens, CF takes safety seriously, you gatta remember these things take these stresses day in and out several months of the year..You're always safe...If you wanna remove Flight Deck, which is pretty darn redundant (not as much as say DB, but still), then man...you really don't wanna know some of the stuff I experienced...

^Why can good operational practices not benefit KI...

Because when capacity is stressed more than customer service, it becomes a problem. Want an example? See Cedar Point. Frankly, the ride ops at CP are rude and I always feel like I'm in the way when I'm riding a ride. I honestly believe the ride ops at CP would much rather run empty cycles on their rides then interact with guests on their rides.

• Like 5

^I don't see that when I go, nor have I the past three weekends that I have been to CP or any of my other rampant trips this season, or in seasons past before my tenure

Also note my crew was voted best crew my year, and our interaction was praised, and if you look alot of crews like the interaction (see this years Gatekeeper crew as a great example)

I don't see good customer service or people interaction on rides when I hear "when I say Diamond, you say back" 10x or same crappy spiel on The Beast...

If you're saying you cant have speed and efficiency with customer service (even though that speed is something that the customers would def. like, I don't think they'd want a slow crew but would be greeted and full of sunshine and happiness...) You can have both, but KI doesn't have speed, only very rarely and not constant...

If I can dispatch corkscrew with full manual restraints, spiel, controlling gates, bins, and answering questions, having fun, and clearing the ride in 45 seconds with my crews there, I don't know why crews like DB that only have minimal tasks to do compared to mine, and they frequently stack or have a delayed dispatch not hitting proper interval...

• Like 1

I'd like to know the actual benefits of the wooden coasters having huge back rests. Because if they are minimal, which I assume since several of equal tier coasters DON'T equip such backings, then resetting the trains to be how they were originally, with no backs, would be an improvement IMO

The modern public cannot be trusted to stay seated when restrained. The high back makes exiting while restrained, whether on purpose or otherwise, much more difficult if not impossible.

• Like 5

If I can dispatch corkscrew with full manual restraints, spiel, controlling gates, bins, and answering questions, having fun, and clearing the ride in 45 seconds with my crews there, I don't know why crews like DB that only have minimal tasks to do compared to mine, and they frequently stack or have a delayed dispatch not hitting proper interval...

Because Diamondback is not Corkscrew.

• Like 3

^^^ Diamondback is one of the most popular rides in its park. Guests routinely carry way too much, make their way to/from the bins at a snail's pace, and hang around on the platform after exiting.

DB's station is also much larger, and there are 4 additional rows. (vs. Corkscrew)

• Like 3

I'd like to know the actual benefits of the wooden coasters having huge back rests. Because if they are minimal, which I assume since several of equal tier coasters DON'T equip such backings, then resetting the trains to be how they were originally, with no backs, would be an improvement IMO

The modern public cannot be trusted to stay seated when restrained. The high back makes exiting while restrained, whether on purpose or otherwise, much more difficult if not impossible.

I'm not sure if I buy that or not. You're still buckled in two ways and the backing doesn't keep your thighs from being able to slide clean of the restraint.. In my visual mind, that is..

Bet you didn't wanna know about the DB road wheel falling off and being fine, or millie's lift blowing, or maggies lift blowing (x2), or the TTD cable snap (x2?), other things...Stuff happens, CF takes safety seriously, you gatta remember these things take these stresses day in and out several months of the year..You're always safe...If you wanna remove Flight Deck, which is pretty darn redundant (not as much as say DB, but still), then man...you really don't wanna know some of the stuff I experienced

I'm just saying what I would personally do. I would just like to feel more secure, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I want to make it clear that I like flight deck a lot, I would just make some serious changes to it.

Bet you didn't wanna know about the DB road wheel falling off and being fine, or millie's lift blowing, or maggies lift blowing (x2), or the TTD cable snap (x2?), other things...Stuff happens, CF takes safety seriously, you gatta remember these things take these stresses day in and out several months of the year..You're always safe...If you wanna remove Flight Deck, which is pretty darn redundant (not as much as say DB, but still), then man...you really don't wanna know some of the stuff I experienced...

What's Maggie and Millie?

Somethings apply to all rides; Add more fans, fans fans fans; Ban all basketballs from que lines; Get rid of head of the line passes;

Flight Deck: Add more track somehow

Drop Tower: Add half inch to seat belt, you all the time see them squeezing somebody in.

Delerium: Last Longer

AE: clean

Racer: Run both trains backwards. Add curve in lapbar where it doesnt dig into your leg, apply same to beast.

Firehawk: Bins

FOF: Change themeing

Vortex: Fix roughness

Backlot: Fire rideops, excessive stacking

The Beast: Remove first hill trim

Diamondback: Make it Fast Lane plus, Tell ride ops to quit chanting" I say diamond, you say back"

I hate seeing the "there's loose articles, there's fat guests, ect."

You don't think the same problem happens at CP, if not more because they are generally running at a higher capacity...

Raptor is prime proof of this, get stuff in the bins, get on, get moving, perfect interval consistently.

And sayign DB isn't Corkscrew..I don't see your point...If I took my crew and went to DB, these issues wouldn't be happening...or any of the other crews I worked with my year..Basically every ride in Area 2 was something I worked. The problem isn't the ride, or the guests as every ride deals with it, it's the crews...

No I'm not jealous of that spiel...If I took their mic, I'd make that platform way more exciting..sometimes I wish I could

I hate seeing the "there's loose articles, there's fat guests, ect."

You don't think the same problem happens at CP, if not more because they are generally running at a higher capacity...

Raptor is prime proof of this, get stuff in the bins, get on, get moving, perfect interval consistently.

And sayign DB isn't Corkscrew..I don't see your point...If I took my crew and went to DB, these issues wouldn't be happening...or any of the other crews I worked with my year..Basically every ride in Area 2 was something I worked. The problem isn't the ride, or the guests as every ride deals with it, it's the crews...

No I'm not jealous of that spiel...If I took their mic, I'd make that platform way more exciting..sometimes I wish I could

Can I just say two things, 1) how do you know if CP has better capacity or not? KI doesn't make hourly capacity public and 2) I think most of the KI ride crews are generally better than CP because they are more exciting, and actually smile. The last time I was at CP they didn't even bother to check my Fast Lane wrist band- at any ride.

1. Look at theoretical capacities of rides, that's easy knowledge to find, then compare to rides at CP...

2. I don't see the more excitement, some crews yes, but some no...

3. They are probably checking bands...For instance for height bands I'd see kids with them before hand and kinda watch the queue and screen who was good to ride and who wasn't basically. Also note late in season, lots of ride prides, and they do suck, no doubt.

4. Go look at Vortex's crew or WindSeeker's crew...Find smiles and busting ass there...it's nonexistent, as even other members have chimed in

• Like 1

Vortex/WindSeeker is the same crew, and I'm not saying all of KI is perfect, at all. I'm just saying that at CP every time I've been there the ride ops don't usually spiel much at all, and also do a lot of unsafe things, like not checking all the bars or jumping down onto the track while the ride was on, ex top thrill

I don't doubt that a sufficiently motivated crew could rush guests on/off the ride and hit interval. Management might not like your tactics, though.

Remember:

• The walk from your seat to the bin is much longer on Diamondback.
  • Diamondback guests often don't pull down their own restraint.
  • Diamondback guests sometimes aren't ready to have their restraint pushed down, when a ride op is standing there ready to check it.
  • Some Diamondback guests attempt to ride with loose articles or without shoes.
  • Ride ops must figure out whether someone will be sitting in an empty seat before locking it down. Guest behavior and far-apart (even row) seats make this take longer.
  • Diamondback's exit platform is huge, so people tend to congregate there.
  • Corkscrew guests are asked to apply and check their own restraints.