the Partridge Family at Kings Island

upstop

Yes...and going down the hill he was standing up too.

But then again, look at how he turned out as an adult...LOL

edit: btw in the first video.... Johnny Bench takes their drink orders at the pool... Also notice in the second video, there is no cage roof on the upper level of the Eifel Tower.

• Like 2

Also look at how pristine the park looks from different angles. I think CF is attempting to bring some of that back to the park....I certainly hope they do, or at least try to clean up some of the landscaping. (they are certainly cleaning out trees with the Starlight Spectacular - snark intended...lol)

• Like 2

I have this episode on VHS. Every year I watch it and The Brady Bunch's The Cincinnati Kids episode the night before KI's opening day.

Once, rotag was at my house and since he had never seen The Partridge Family episode, I played it for him. I made sure to point out the log flume riding infraction to him and he couldn't believe that it actually aired that way.

• Like 6

But was that the actual reason it was removed? Did it ever reopen after that incident?

I think it operated afterwards, but I think it had a lot to do with it being removed, since there were no rescue vehicles at that time that could reach it in an emergency.

No offense Don but they had a better looking PR person then. :P

The lovely Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America. Her husband was Gary Collins who just died recently. ( I think they were separated when he died although they were married for years.)

• Like 2

But was that the actual reason it was removed? Did it ever reopen after that incident?

Low ridership and hard-to-locate replacement parts have also been cited as reasons for its removal. More info here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13181-sky-ride-question/#entry216776

Thanks for that! It was great to see the old rides and decor again.

Is it dorky to be able to recall all of the old mascot/cartoons names?

During circle dance at the end, I only recognized Lambsy-pie ( I think). Weren't two of them Banana Splits characters? and I didn't recognize the sheep dog to name him.

• Like 1

Low ridership and hard-to-locate replacement parts have also been cited as reasons for its removal. More info here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13181-sky-ride-question/#entry216776

QUOTE (WooferBearATL @ May 16 2008, 06:18 AM)

Actually the removal had nothing to do with low ridership but everything to do with maintenance/replacement parts. UNQUOTE

Oh, really? Please explain the virtually identical skyrides that still operate to this day, including in several Six Flags parks....

Thanks for that! It was great to see the old rides and decor again.

Is it dorky to be able to recall all of the old mascot/cartoons names?

During circle dance at the end, I only recognized Lambsy-pie ( I think). Weren't two of them Banana Splits characters? and I didn't recognize the sheep dog to name him.

I don't know why the dog's name was Bristol, but it was. There's no play in wording at all with that name. I think he and the lamb were on Chattanooga Cats.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

His name was Bristle Hound and he constantly tried to save Lambsy from Mildew the Wolf, in It's the Wolf. This was a segment of the Chattanooga Cats show. I am not trying to be a know-it-all because I had to look this one up. I did not remember the cartoon because I was only 2 or 3 when it aired. Bristle Hound and Lambsy were prominently mentioned in the Enchanted Voyage theme song (I did know that one).

I actually researched it because this weekend I found a picture of my sister and me with the character, Lambsy, at Kings Island. It was in a photo album my mom gave to me. I will have to scan it and post at some point because it was either taken in '72 or '73.

its_the_wolf.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 years later...

I just finished watching the new documentary "David Cassidy: The Last Session". It is interesting...but sad. But the reason I mention it is because for a very brief 5 seconds or so there is a shot of David filming the pool scene at Kings Island Inn. (You see lighting rigs and either the poolside table has been switched out for this shot or simply covered in a black cloth.)

Comcast offers it on demand at the moment.

• 3 years later...
On 9/17/2013 at 3:31 PM, XGatorHead 8904 said:

I have this episode on VHS. Every year I watch it and The Brady Bunch's The Cincinnati Kids episode the night before KI's opening day.

Once, rotag was at my house and since he had never seen The Partridge Family episode, I played it for him. I made sure to point out the log flume riding infraction to him and he couldn't believe that it actually aired that way.

sorry to revive a dead horse, but i was just talking about this 2 days ago to a friend who was making me watch a Leif Garret video, then started talking bout the partridge family.

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2014 at 2:35 PM, Millslite said:

Bristle Hound and Lambsy were prominently mentioned in the Enchanted Voyage theme song (I did know that one).

That song certainly shows its age, because how many kids today know who they are??? This is probably the reason they removed it in 1984... :(

Nowadays, it'd go "Fred Flintstone, he's the Grand Dad; Scooby Doo and Super Shag; Space Ghost, Zorak, Moltar, and Brak, live in my TV!" :P