First Trip To Haunt

rcs

Me, my girlfriend and my two kids are coming to KI next Saturday the 28th. This is the first time we have come to Haunt and my girlfriends first trip to KI ever. Its part of my sons birthday gift, as is the Reds game the next day as he turns 13 this Friday. I was just wondering what to expect, how scary are the mazes and scare zones, are all the rides still running during Haunt hours. We plan on getting there around 11 and staying until late in the evening. Hoping for good weather and maybe see some of you guys there.

Just remember the park is closed to the public until 7pm because of Toyota day. At 7pm they will start to let the public into the park. They close at 1am. The rides are open and it's a blast riding at night and having the best time with the scary mazes and characters running around the Coney Maul. It's a great time and atmosphere. But be prepared for the long lines because of Saturday. Enjoy your visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^In the past, Scrambler was taken out during Haunt so its ride area could be used as a queue area for Massacre Manor. That may or may not be the case for Delta Delta Die (I haven't been in that section of the park recently).

^was it taken apart last year? I feel like it was actually running but I don't remember now.

Thanks for the replies! Scrambler is no biggie, I've been on so many different ones over the years I wont miss that. Hope to get on Viking Fury early in the day though. Looking forward to seeing some of the Haunt attractions in the evening, will focus on the rides before that starts. Cant wait for our first Haunt!

• Like 1

Was going to call/email the park a few questions but since I'm basically in the same situation as the OP I will ask here.....

If I purchase my 2014 gold pass at the gate on 9/28/13 will I be able to use that visit as my one admission for '13? Also by purchasing at the gate will I have to pay the "service fees" or any type of taxes?

I noticed they state "no passouts" and wondered if that includes all day or just when Haunt starts?

Thanks.

If I purchase my 2014 gold pass at the gate on 9/28/13 will I be able to use that visit as my one admission for '13?

Yes. You'll purchase a printed ticket at an admissions window that can be redeemed for a 2014 gold pass. If it's like previous years, you can use this ticket for your one free 2013 admission, without processing it first.

Of course, make sure that you do not lose that ticket before you get it processed. If the season pass center is open, you might want to process it right away.

Also by purchasing at the gate will I have to pay the "service fees" or any type of taxes?

No, there are no fees for using an actual employee's time at the park.

I noticed they state "no passouts" and wondered if that includes all day or just when Haunt starts?

This only applies after Haunt starts. Signs last year indicated that (Saturday) re-entry was forbidden after 7:00pm. You'll want to check the cut-off time when you enter.

• Like 1

^In the past, Scrambler was taken out during Haunt so its ride area could be used as a queue area for Massacre Manor. That may or may not be the case for Delta Delta Die (I haven't been in that section of the park recently).

^was it taken apart last year? I feel like it was actually running but I don't remember now.

I'm not sure. I know for a few years it was gone, but don't know for sure about last year. I don't get out much during Fridays and Saturdays, and if I go on Sundays I don't tend to really pay attention to Scrambler since GatorGirl has moved on to bigger rides.

I remember I rode Scrambler and Viking Fury during Haunt last year. Scrambler's line doesn't interfere with the queue for DDD, as that is located in the small pavilion behind the carousel. Viking Fury's line was rerouted so its exit wouldn't have to be used for Cut Throat Cove. CTC is no longer here anymore, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Have fun, rcs!

• Like 1

I remember I rode Scrambler and Viking Fury during Haunt last year. Scrambler's line doesn't interfere with the queue for DDD, as that is located in the small pavilion behind the carousel. Viking Fury's line was rerouted so its exit wouldn't have to be used for Cut Throat Cove. CTC is no longer here anymore, so that won't be an issue.

Have fun, rcs!

Same here. Our haunt trip was in September last year and we rode both rides during haunt. VF was a surprise since we had previously been told it would be closed. The only rides that we actually noticed closing were the ones in PS. And BLSC after our rollback. Overall, it is very crowded, especially it being a Saturday. But it's a great time! Have a great time! Our group is also going the 28th! Looks like it may rain, but that's also subject to change by then.