Banshee Screaming Contest

malem

Guest KingsIslandPR

The winner of each round wins passes to Banshee Media Day and advances to the finals held on October 26 for the chance to win a trip for two to Los Angeles which includes tickets to Knott's Berry Farm and $1,000 cash.

As mentioned, you want to sign up early on Friday nights to lock in a spot during one of the four rounds. It only takes about 20-25 minutes for all the contestants to compete in each round, so it doesn't take a lot of time away from your night at Halloween Haunt.

Come on out and give it a try. You'll get a free t-shirt. You might win passes to Banshee Media Day which would give you an opportunity to be among the first to experience the world's longest inverted roller coaster. And, you just might win a trip for two to LA.

• Like 12

I would participate, but

A ) I will not be available when the finals are happening anyway and

B ) I would be unable to enjoy a trip to Knott's for the same reason I was unable to enjoy Maverick. I like being able to SEE what I'm riding and they do not allow you to wear glasses on their coasters from what I've heard.

The difference is that I was able to purchase a glasses strap and properly enjoy Maverick later.

• Like 3

We saw the sign at the front of the park that said you had to register early, but did not tell you where to register. Nobody was over by the stage so we just gave up.

Where do you register?

On September 20th, there was a table in front of the Kings Island Theater that you would walk up to. An employee would hand you some information sheets and disclaimers to fill out and then give you a number to stick to your shirt.

The thing is that it was raining that night, so the entire competition was in the theater. I don't know if the registration table was placed there because of the weather or if that's the usual spot for the registration table.

• Like 2

I would participate, but

A ) I will not be available when the finals are happening anyway and

B ) I would be unable to enjoy a trip to Knott's for the same reason I was unable to enjoy Maverick. I like being able to SEE what I'm riding and they do not allow you to wear glasses on their coasters from what I've heard.

The difference is that I was able to purchase a glasses strap and properly enjoy Maverick later.

Why not contacts?