Banshee Screaming Contest

malem

^

Prescription Ski goggles?

Knott's won't allow them.

I would never go to Knott's. I have safety glasses and I have to wear them at all times. I have vision in only one eye so I have to have that protection. If anything happened to the other eye I would be blind and I would never take that chance. I take my glasses off to sleep but not to ride a coaster.

• Like 8

Does anyone know what the winners have had as far as decibels? I know I screamed last week - not my loudest scream to my daughters shame and embarrassment. I was at 127.7. I think the gal that won Friday night was at 140, but I may have heard incorrectly. Many of the men sound like they are in mating season. I am sure it's a great sound if you are a moose, but not if you are a man. :)

• Like 1

Mine, I believe, was 129 point something. However, they are not using an actual decibel reader, but rather a microphone connected to a tablet, which is running an app that simulates a decibel reader (and isn't very good at it, hence the abnormally high numbers).

• Like 2

Except that while waiting in line, I noticed very little correlation between scream volume and the alleged decibel reading. Something in the setup wasn't working, or they unknowingly ran into technical limitations. Either way, I saw some screams get higher "decibel readings" than others that my unaided ear could immediately tell were louder. They might as well have been drawing winners at random out of a hat, from what I saw.

• Like 1