Intaminitis

Seems to have infected darn near every forum topic. Seems to me those who ONLY want to discuss INTAMIN need their own forii, or at least a category here. Then, unless it is DIRECTLY relevant, the INTAMIN chatter would not be tolerated elsewhere.

I remember back when very, very few people here knew much or cared much about steel coaster manufacturers. I suspect most here still don't.

• Like 6

Intamin: The next Son of Beast.

In all technicality you are right. I remember when every thread went to SOB. I even made a meme about it, but now it doesn't correlate anymore.

0-Intamin, in one post or more

• Like 3

This crap is quickly becoming reason enough to give up this site for a while. I'm not that convicted in any direction for coaster manufacturers, and the people who persistently are and the people who defend their right to do so are only doing so to be irritating at this point. The epidemic of Son of Beast posts wasn't nearly as annoying.

One has to wonder what interest these people have in a fan forum for Kings Island, a park with no Intamin coasters and a management with a clear intent to install no Intamin coaster anytime soon.

• Like 9

Also for next year, Falcon's Fury, Zumanjaro, unnamed intamin coaster #1 at Cinecitta World, unnamed intamin coaster #2 at Cinecitta World, Travel Through Europe at Romon World. As far as B&M, Heide Park's wingcoaster, and Banshee.

This crap is quickly becoming reason enough to give up this site for a while. I'm not that convicted in any direction for coaster manufacturers, and the people who persistently are and the people who defend their right to do so are only doing so to be irritating at this point. The epidemic of Son of Beast posts wasn't nearly as annoying.

One has to wonder what interest these people have in a fan forum for Kings Island, a park with no Intamin coasters and a management with a clear intent to install no Intamin coaster anytime soon.[/quote

I highly doubt ki's management team has a say in anything besides labor scheduling.

One has to wonder what interest these people have in a fan forum for Kings Island, a park with no Intamin coasters and a management with a clear intent to install no Intamin coaster anytime soon.

I highly doubt ki's management team has a say in anything besides labor scheduling.

Whether KI management or CF management makes those decisions is irrelevant. Don has explicitly said that no Intamins will be built at KI in the foreseeable future. Nobody in any management team--especially when dealing with the public--just shoots out a statement like that on the fly. It's a calculated decision by the folks that matter, whoever that may be.

This brings me back to my original thought, which you so conveniently sidestepped: what motivation is there to persistently discuss Intamin on a fan site for an amusement park that has no Intamin coasters, no plans to add an Intamin coaster, and no rides that you consider worth more than two laps on?

• Like 7

I have an idea. Let's take all the Intamin vs. B&M discussion, and push it over here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27897-intamin-or-b-m/

Honestly, as much I love a good, heated argument about manufactural preference, I think we really should try to be more responsible in where and when to argue about it.

EDIT: This thread is also appropriate!

• Like 4

Where is the B&Mitis thread? I see just as much B&M talk as INTAMIN talk.

And, quite frankly, I think more people on here have B&Mitis than INTAMINitis.

Typical symptoms of B&Mitis are rational thoughts and cohesive arguments that take into account all of the facts about both manufacturers.

Typical symptoms of Intaminitis are blind arguments based on only one small aspect of the manufacturers, failing to consider (or outright ignoring) much more important facts, and refusal to listen to reason.

You tell me which one a person is more likely to find annoying and thus which one more people will complain about.

• Like 9

Where is the B&Mitis thread? I see just as much B&M talk as INTAMIN talk.

And, quite frankly, I think more people on here have B&Mitis than INTAMINitis.

Typical symptoms of B&Mitis are rational thoughts and cohesive arguments that take into account all of the facts about both manufacturers.

Typical symptoms of Intaminitis are blind arguments based on only one small aspect of the manufacturers, failing to consider (or outright ignoring) much more important facts, and refusal to listen to reason.

You tell me which one a person is more likely to find annoying and thus which one more people will complain about.

Some people must have more severe cases than others.

I'm sick of people ON BOTH SIDES failing to even acknowledge what the other side is saying and blindly making ignorant statements while trying to justify themselves and their preferences.

I'll leave it at that and head for the door on this topic.

• Like 3