Intaminitis

When was the last Intamin built?

Last Intamin was built this year; looks like a prototype :) : http://rcdb.com/10044.htm

Is that in one of those Chinese ghost cities?

No, it is actually just outside of Wuqing. Wuqing is basically a military base not too far from Tianjin. In China, most "amusement parks" are not that at all, most are just community parks with some rides. If you look up Tianjin on RCDB you will find about a dozen parks near there.

• Like 1

Oh my. B&M and Intamin are both amazing manufacturers. One may be less forceful or the other have common downtime. One may make coasters at the top of the charts amazing or one's products may be all rounders. Who cares, both Intamin and B&M create amazing rides that we can all enjoy.

• Like 4

^Agreed 100%

I don't really give a crap what company built what. I like riding Coasters......period.

Back when I first started riding coasters I liked b&m, but then I needed more thill and discovered intamin. I assume a lot of the intamin hate is from people that haven't ridden many coasters.

Over 30 Coasters, 2 B&M and zero Intamin. I still don't care who makes what and never will, I enjoy them all.

If I need Thrill I go to the race track or go for a ride on my pops Busa.

Sure, technically it's not neccessarily who built it that makes a ride great but most of the time it IS the manufacturer that defines the ride. A ride built by Vekoma will most likely deliver an uncomfortable, unenjoyable ride experience. A B&M will most likely be low-maintenance, reliable, and comfortable. An Intamin will most likely be the most intense and fun out of any of them, but will have lots of downtime. An Arrow most likely will have awkward transitions, and a Premier will be...well...a Premier.

This is why I care about which manufacturer builds a certain ride.

• Like 7

I don't care who is right and who is wrong, but I would like to point out something - the majority of these Intamin vs. B&M debates are started by the Intamin camp, escalated by the Intamin camp, and concluded when the B&M camp is sick of debating with the brick wall that is the Intamin camp.

I can't be the only one who's noticed this.

• Like 7

Very funny, YoungStud.

Look at this thread. SOB posted about how we were hearing about Intamin every day, and the immediate reply - from you, no less - makes that oh-so-familiar statement about your concept of Intamin superiority, that then begins the inevitable debate and subsequent debate about the stupidity of the debate.

• Like 7

The only post the op has made other than the first post was this:

Come on son of baconator lets go ride maverick.

SoB: I would rather ride mantis, its reliable.

No sorry. I'm not going to waste my time waiting in line just to find out the ride has broken down. I learned that last year at Busch gardens

P1010141_zps89ef2715.jpg

That doesn't seem like out of the blue, does it?

He's said nothing more out-of-the-blue than some of your B&M jabs.

Anyway, I've had enough of this debate.

B&M and Intamin both have their pros and cons, and denying that fact isn't the way to be perceived as a rational person.

Stay rational, my friends.

(Edited to fix double negative weirdness. Thanks, Terpy!)

• Like 2