Intaminitis

^

So even though you have not ridden any intamin coasters you can form opinions? That strengthens my hypothesis.

Sure, I have LOTS of opinions, most people do not agree with them however. I don't really have an opinion on Intamin Coasters though and have not really expressed any that I am aware of.

However, I just did a search on RCDB and found out that I have indeed been on one Intamin Coaster. Screamin Delta Demon at Opryland back in 1986. It was a Bobsled Coaster and I barely even remember it. We had fun on it though and that is all that matters to me.

• Like 3

Indeed, when it comes to Vekoma I will not hesitate to drop a Goliath upon you. You then will most certainly feel the Aftershock, and it will Sting, until I rein the Apocalypse down upon you.

And I will continue you to do so...

Be careful with this. Apocalypse and Goliath are also B&M coasters.
  • Like 3

And Vekoma also designed the notorious Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia. Blech. And all those SLC's.

Those are the kinds of Vekomas I was talking about.

I admit Vekoma has made a couple good rides, but the horrors experienced of one any of those SLC's is just simply irreconcilable.

I should've made myself more clear.

• Like 2

Space Mountain at Disneyland?

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at WDW?

Only Disney ccoaster I have ridden is Big Thunder Mountain at WDW, I thought WED designed their coasters (except Matterhorn, the roller skaters and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster) in house and sub-contracted out parts of manufacting? Even Rock 'n' Roller Coaster has different trains from the normal Vekoma ones.

I've never been on a Vekoma that truly wowed me, but I'm definitely open to the possibility of one doing so. They do make some interesting-looking rides. I can't help but imagine that the standard SLC layout, if heartlined, would be one of the better rides I've ever been on. Until then, my ears will sting with the memories of Thunderhawk at MiA.

Same goes for TOGO. I really liked the first half of Shockwave at Kings Dominion during my one ride on it, but the second half was less than enjoyable. Popular opinion seems to be that Shockwave is sub-par for a TOGO, so I'm very, very interested in trying SkyRider at Canada's Wonderland. Heck, I'm even willing to give Shockwave a few more tries--there was only one turn on that ride that jostled me. Having ridden it, I wonder if I'd like it more since I'd know where to brace myself.

Only good Vekoma is Carolina Cobra, and I believe the trains made the difference. Ues and I do mean trains, Carowinds has two of them. Nighthawk isnt worth the wait. I liked Ninja and Deja Vu but they were almost walk on and rough as some older woodies.

Deja vu rough? I have ridden all three that were in the states and they were all a blast.

• Like 2

Comparing wrestling to coaster manufacturers...not a good analogy

I'm just ganna say this, not even your favored manufacturer still has everything down...with all of today's technology, they couldn't predict the forces of the heartline roll on riders/trains on Maverick? They failed to see their train design on TTD being a problem. They failed to have an emergency restraint release on water rides, or design working boats to travel through the trough. They also have let CF order half assed wheel replacements (see blue wheels on TTD/millie), very very worn, very quickly. Each manufacturer is full of problems...each manufacturer has great products, and each manufacturer has a different business model and a different outlook on what they want out of their products.

B&M has designed terrible control panels, overengineered their trains (see wing rider restraints/diagnostic checks), and only use proven technology, they are just now starting to push the envelope (see how long it took to use magnetic brakes, and they still use friction brakes)

There..it's done, it's set, it's over...

• Like 3

B&M has designed terrible control panels, overengineered their trains (see wing rider restraints/diagnostic checks), and only use proven technology, they are just now starting to push the envelope (see how long it took to use magnetic brakes, and they still use friction brakes)

It's bad to play it safe by over-engineering restraints? Friction brakes are a bad thing? A bad control panel means it's an awful ride?

I've learned a lot today.

• Like 3

If I owned my own amusement park, I know that I would never buy an Intamin for my park... But thats if I was a park owner, and I am not.

In my eyes, roller coasters are simply roller coasters. If I like it, then I'm gonna ride it. No matter the manufacturer. And I think about 98% of park goers would do the same.

• Like 6