Thoughts/ reviews on new haunts for Haunt 2013

ki95

Hard to judge my feelings until I go when it's not a constant down poor of rain all night for the most part. The natural fog effect all over the park was pretty sweet, especially riding Beast and DB. Many scare actors and guests were not there because of the weather. We walked on every ride we rode tonight until the rain beating our face had become to much. I will wait for a better night to rate the haunts.

• Like 3

I braved the weather last night after a drive from Columbus. I wanted the drive to be worthwhile, so I still entered the park.

I was really impressed with Board to Death I thought it was well done and lots of fun. The actors I came across in there IMO were good and energetic.

Delta Delta Die had good scenery and a good layout, but the actors were not very energetic other than the entrance staff. I'm betting they'll get better though.

Carnevil was good all around I thought. The crew was very into it for a good opening night.

Madame Fats was good and delivers with its great scenery. There were some timing issues with the actors, which is nothing but time will fix.

My biggest disappointment by far was Urgent scare. The actors were extremely quiet, and not very active. I could see actors lips moving, but couldn't here a word they were saying. The others I felt were just standing or sitting looking at the groups going by them. The redeeming points were the front desk staff which were great, as well as Steve in a hallway as usual! I still think with time it will be good as always though!

• Like 1

Board to Death was great! My number 2 maze at Haunt. Still love Carn Evil.

The outdoor attractions were not open due to weather.

Club Blood was lame, yet again.

Slaughter House is creepy and well done! I am not easily scared, and love the makeup and scenery, but half way through I did not want to be first anymore.

Madame Fatale was good.

Delta Delta Die was lame.

Ed Alonzo was hysterical! 100% enjoyed the show.

I have been through Wolfpack, Urgent Scare, and Holiday Horrors in the past, and did not find them scary or enjoyable at all.

I plan to go back Friday to experience the outdoor zones.

• Like 1

Board 2 Death is awesome, great costumes and scenery, made me jump a few times. Cool concept.

Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror is great. I did the early walkthrough on 9-8, so I predicted one scare. I wish that huge demon would move, though. It wasn't moving when I went through it.

Urgent Scare was okay - I liked some of the effects. That buzzing siren gave me chills.

Delta Delta Die and especially Tombstone Terror-tory are bad. With DDD, it's the scenery doesn't make a lotta sense. It doesn't look like a house. With Tombstone, it's that there really is very little scenery at all. Plus you have to wait in line for half an hour after you get off the train. The actors were giving it their all, but the scenery is lame.

Oh yeah Backwoods Bayou - worth going through if you're headed that way, especially because there's no line. Very thick fog.

Ed Alonzo was hilarious. Very raunchy, lots of sexy dance numbers, and some impressive tricks.

• Like 3

Went through Madame Fatale's and Club Blood this evening. Madame Fatale's, we all thought was good, my poor KIC shirt may never be the same from Mrs NoChickens death grip pulling on it, lol.

Club Blood was lame.

Backwoods Bayou was quite nice, again the shirt got a couple tugs.

Edit: grammatical repairs

• Like 2

Did more mazes tonight.

Wolf Pack - Great

Club Blood - Sucked

Holiday Horror - Sucked

Cornstalkers - Pretty good

Cornstalkers I will gladly give another chance. I was in front of a group of obnoxious 12 year olds. They liked the maze, but they were commenting loudly on everything, messing with my scares. I moved forward through the fog a little quicker than I would have liked to try and lose them.

I read online that college age guys are the ones the actors tend to avoid because they are hard to scare - I'm a hardened horror veteran, so it's not easy, and I don't let my guard down. I need my monsters to either be a little more aggressive to unnerve me, or a little more startling. Or just scarier looking - I play the Silent Hill games. If one of those freaky demons from Nightmare Alley jumped out at me, I would probably scream. But I definitely want to be scared.

It's disappointing when a maze doesn't scare you the first time because of circumstances (mostly the people are too close together, all the scares going to people in front of and behind me),. The second time is bound to be less scary, and each successive time after that even less so.

Because the Wolf Pack masks were creepy, they were able to pull off more lingering scares. They can stare at you and get close to you without jumping out, and it's still unnerving.

• Like 2

After going on 9/27, I have a few reviews, but I'll try not to spoil anything!

Board to Death: Well put together. There were a few surprises in there! Very nice!

Backwoods Bayou: NEVER AGAIN.

Madame Fatale's: Fantastic as always.

Cornstalkers: Untapped potential, especially in the corn area.

Delta Delta Die: A definite letdown after Massacre Manor. That traditionally one of my favorites, and DDD just wasn't the same.

Hot Blooded: Good show, but it was too loud for me.

Ed Alonzo's Psycho Circus: Fantastic. Not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

Edited to remove spoiler.

Edited by coasterfanatic2012
  • Like 2

but I'll try not to spoil anything!

Backwoods Bayou: [redacted]

Dammit. I'd call that a major spoiler. Though it's probably my fault for looking at a thread called "reviews of new haunts"... :P

EDITed to redact spoiler, which I probably should have done in the first place...

Edited by jcgoble3
  • Like 2

Sorry about that! I'll edit it out if you get rid of your quote so we don't ruin it for anyone else!

Done, but you might want have have a word with those who have also posted in this thread since then (though the Striesand effect would dictate that any further efforts to hide it at this point are probably fruitless).

• Like 1

Less scary haunts:

(holiday horror (too cheesy to even get scared,) carnevil (more fun to look at than scary) and club blood (because splashig fake blood on half naked ladies makes everything scary). But this is just my opinion. Someone afraid of clowns may have carnevil as the scariest haunt.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Does anyone on here want to rank all the Haunts from scariest to least scariest and give it ratings and comments that can include spoilers? (Just warn people if spoilers are coming) I need to be prepared as possible for Friday.

This would be much appreciated for my October 19th trip...

Hopefully, I'll be there, too, for my bday. Look for the orange cat with bad teeth.

• Like 2

Does anyone on here want to rank all the Haunts from scariest to least scariest and give it ratings and comments that can include spoilers? (Just warn people if spoilers are coming) I need to be prepared as possible for Friday.

Hopefully, I'll be there, too, for my bday. Look for the orange cat with bad teeth.

I'm there for my Birthday too!

• Like 1

I'm there for my Birthday too!
That's cuz we are Fabulous!
  • Like 2