It's Haunt Time!

BoddaH1994

The summer may be done, but the fun's not over yet! As the school goes back and session and the leaves fall from the trees, Kings Island transforms from a traditional Cincinnati getaway into a maniac mansion full of killer clowns, ghouls, monsters and much more!

New for 2013!

Board to Death - See your favorite board games come to life and this time, they hold all of the cards! This fun and innovative maze features scenes dedicated to games such as Monopoly, Battleship, Mouse Trap, and many more!

Delta Delta Die - Everyone knows that the best parties are held by sororities, and you're the life of the party this time! Delta Delta Die is a sorority party gone awry and everyone is dying to get in.... but the hard part is making it out alive!

Ed Alonzo's Psych Circus of Magic and Mayhem Pt 2 (Haunt Edition) - Ed Alonzo from TV's "Saved by the Bell" has become a staple at Kings Island in recent years, and his Psycho CIrcus Train is headed your way yet again! Nothing and nobody is off limits when it comes to Halloween Haunt and we finally get to see how Ed REALLY feels as he lets loose on the audience. With many new tricks and Ed's signature brand of humor, this is a must see for Haunt 2013!!

Also returning are such favorites as Club Blood, Slaughter House, "Graveyard Shift," CornSTALKers, and the legendary "Hot Blooded!"

For more information and to purchase tickets, check out www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I was there tonight and security were as numerous as the monsters.

It was so crowded tonight, we hung up on Haunts and rides, (we got there late, didn't feel like Fastpass would be worth it.)

Walked around rode some fun little rides, and did the impossible, got that man I married to ride The Monster. We had a fun enough time along Coney Island to make the trip worth it.

I thought the monsters that I saw were excellent tonight, but to be honest, there were so many weird looking people in the park tonight, it was hard to tell the two apart.

• Like 3

I also went to haunt last night. And it was PACKED. Diamondback had all of the switchbacks full. Only got to do Adventure Express And the Dodgems. Also only did Wolf Pack And Delta Delta Die. I dont know if it was just me but it seemed like there werent as many Scareactors in the streets as last weekend. Dont know if it was due to Crowds? We did get to see Hot blooded, Graveyard Shift and Ed Alazno. He did put on a good show with some Naughty Jokes. :lol:

• Like 3

Madam Fatale's was great tonight. Sucked every other time. But was great tonight. Still missed a few spots that got me before...it has great potential. Slaughterhouse was blah, so was Cornstalkers.

Board 2 Death had their lighting fixed this week which was an improvement. BUT ONCE AGAIN in multiple rooms the F^cking actors were talking to each other, not paying attention! For real?!!? Get your sh^t together. I've worked in the mazes, you can talk to your friends when there are breaks, or spaces between groups. But this has happened every time I've gone through this maze. Disappoint.

Sucky Saturdays - they just stream people in the maze constantly.

Slaughterhouse has been the worst offender. It's so awkward and terrible just standing still in the rooms waiting for the line to move while the scare actors just kinda look around.

• Like 1

http://mcnicholasmilestone.com/2013/10/15/juniors-lurk-in-shadows-at-fearfest/

According to the newspaper of my alma mater, it's still called FearFest. Phooey to you, high school journalism.

You are correct, but I for one will always call it Fearfest. Halloween Haunt is one of those generic Cedar Fair names. It was more fun during Fearfest, to me anyway, because the rides were not the centerpiece as they are today. When Fearfest first opened it was international street, part of the Phantom Theater Building and Phantom Theater itself along with the Paramount Theater and Festhaus. There were 6 houses, "The Legend of Pumpkin Jack", Paramount Theater; " The Museum" in Phantom Theater; "Revenge of the Mummy" in the other part of Phantom Theater; "Carnevil" inside of Festhaus; "The Freezer" under the Eifel Tower; and "Torture Tower" at the top of the Eifel Tower. The crowds greatly exceeded expectations to the point of extending the haunt time to 1am where it is today and Coney Mall was opened the following weekend to release the overflow of people that were packing the event. Over time came the opening of Action Zone and then later the opening of River Town....Then word got out that lines for the rides were short, so people wanting to ride the rides packed the park as it is today....now we have....duh duh duh....Fastlane and Frightlane to handle the crowds. I'm sure there will be more attractions and events as time goes on....maybe even a more intense attraction or two...time will tell.

Wasn't the Revenge of the Mummy back by The Racers? I remember having to crawl through that one. I did not like crawling in a small tunnel as I am claustrophobic

It was moved from the Phantom Theater building in later years to the Coney Mall when the park spread out the event, and the tunnel was added after the move...(I didn't like that part either, especially since your face was next to the feet of the person in front of you.)

• Like 1