Good-bye WaterWorks at end of 2003!

italianchef

Yeah the homepage is up, probaly just my computer. I am still confused on to what it is, over on coasterbuzz there is a guy who's username is Shaggy and he knows what they are builting next year, does he have a username on this site? Maybe he can help us out. I don't know what to think, I think they are totally destroying the waterpark, but whatever they do they are going to shock us all.

The only think I can think of is that Water Works will have a new name and theme for 2004.

I could be wrong about this.

Does anyone think PKI will take out the train to make room for what ever is going to be build by water works?

I can not speak for Shaggy but I don't think he can tell us what is going to happen as he said on coasterbuzz.

Edited by WildCat

Straight from the PKI press release

"Our guests are in for a real surprise next season," hinted Craig M. Ross, Paramount's Kings Island's executive vice president and general manager. "It is going to be amazing. If you are a fan of WaterWorks, you are going to love what we are unveiling 2004."

So maybe it is going to be a huge waterworks expansion, but I hope not.

Maybe we will get a water coaster, maybe an Intamin Aqua Trax, or a super saturator.

Edited by skatefanjeff

After reading the statement again it looks like Water Works will close. The park will change the name of Water Works to something and may retheme the area with some kind of expansion in 04. So I think the water park will still be there with a different name. Plus if they did build a coaster think of all the pipes and power lines the park would have to work around under ground. Didn't Hershey park had the same problem with a water coaster they built don't know how many times they had to rebuild it do to pipes and powers lines. I heard this on the Discovery Channel.

So Next Year Bring Your Swim Suit!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WildCat

Yeah the homepage is up, probaly just my computer. I am still confused on to what it is, over on coasterbuzz there is a guy who's username is Shaggy and he knows what they are builting next year, does he have a username on this site?

Yes Shaggy is here. And he is a mystery.

And the PKI.com homepage is not working for my (6:51PM)

This really sucks. I was hoping for a new coaster.Why won't they give me a coaster. Please give us a coaster. If i see more water im gonna commit suicide. No more waterworks i hate it. I want a coaster. Did they not hear what the people were crying out. Its a sign!Its saying we freaking hate you people who go to are place and make us money so we are gonna give you s shizzy waterworks expansion. Mwhaaa haa haaa cough cough haa haa haa . Let us have a coaster. Thats it i've decided what im gonna do when i grow up im gonna take over pki then have them make a coasater every year. Until we are like Cedar Point.

Edited by RIPcobra

This really sucks. I was hoping for a new coaster.Why won't they give me a coaster. Please give us a coaster. If i see more water im gonna commit suicide. No more waterworks i hate it. I want a coaster. Did they not hear what the people were crying out. Its a sign!Its saying we freaking hate you people who go to are place and make us money so we are gonna give you s shizzy waterworks expansion. Mwhaaa haa haaa cough cough haa haa haa . Let us have a coaster. Thats it i've decided what im gonna do when i grow up im gonna take over pki then have them make a coasater every year. Until we are like Cedar Point.

Some of us actually would like to see WaterWorks re-done. Yes, I'd like a coaster too (at some point)...but I don't care if it comes next year or the year after. Good things come to those who wait. I'm actually really looking forward to whatever they have in store for WaterWorks...Plus as many people have said - PKI is not REALLY in competition with Cedar Point - they are totally different parks - CP is a thrill park and PKI is a family theme park (which is more all-inclusive)...

Also, a side note - suicide is NOTHING to joke around about...For those of us who have dealt with it, it's not a topic you just throw around casually.

i hate this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whya re they doing something so stupid. Building a waterworks expansion. Few people go to waterworks now why add another expansion. This bites the big one i want a coaster not some gay stupid slide in waterworks.