Kings Dominion Tips

ChainDog

Ride Rides :P

Dominator, ride front row right hand side seat, great ride, the floorless really gets to ya, and the pre drop and curve right is awesome on that side, and first loop is beautiful.

I305, get it done quick, lines do get crazy, especially now that it's reopened I'm sure it's ganna have some lines.

Volcano is ok...but FOF is right nextdoor and is similar, if not a better experience...post launch, the ride seems slow as hell, so you could skip it if ya wanted

Ride their Crypt...still exists, not indoors but still

Hit up Grizzly if you didn't do it's sister at CW, or ever do wildcat at old Coney...dunno your age..it's kind of like our beast and racer combined, and kinda Gemini's figure 8 deal...I guess that's the best way to describe it, but idk, it's a cool ride

• Like 1

Experiences on the cloned rides can be vastly different.

Don't go into it with the preconceived notion of focusing on two roller coasters. Kings Dominion is a really unique park in its own right, and in some ways superior to Kings Island. It's worth exploring and experiencing. For example, take the time to go to the top of their Eiffel Tower... Notice the differences in the fountains... In the setting of Boo Blasters... In the flat rides.

One day you may look back on Kings Dominion and think "Did I really waste the whole day at that park focusing on "credits" that I don't even count anymore instead of remembering what it looked like, felt like, and offered?"

EDIT: Their "Congo" area is one of the best themed areas at any Cedar Fair park I've ever been to. The Crypt with its water, fire, and synchronized music; the fire and screams from volcano; Avalanche in the corner; rock work, totem poles, safari jeeps... It's really great. Last time I was there, the area had its own music (something we beg for at Kings Island) - the score of the film Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, track-by-track.

The whole park feels very, very different from Kings Island due to Virginia's massive, towering forests. International Street feels more realistic. Instead of dogwoods lining the Shamu-tank-colored fountains gushing out of white urns, Kings Dominion's International Street is practically in the woods, with a natural pool of dark blue water that has very natural-looking geysers shooting out. It's a completely, completely different place. Very cool to be in a place that feels so familiar, but so strangely different.

• Like 5

ALSO beware: last I heard, Kings Dominion had not had the food service 'overhaul' that Kings Island had a few years ago. Very, very few options in terms of food, and you will pay over $8 for a burger under a heat lamp. $10 if you want "cheese," more if you want "bacon." No fries, of course. Don't worry, though - there's a magnificent sprawling toppings bar of shredded lettuce and water-soaked tomatoes. ;)

It's also much more difficult to leave Kings Dominion for an hour or two and return - it's not located near much other than a Denny's that's supposedly no better than those burgers. I think this year's Planet Snoopy overhaul included a more "fresh-food" oriented counter service place, but just be warned.

• Like 2

You know, through your profile you can manage ignored members, whose posts on the board don't show up unless you specifically say "show me this post anyway." It's useful, trust me. Someone being intentionally inflammatory for the sake of being "that guy" is reason enough for me to spare myself the frustration.

To say my two cents (and then be done with it, as I have been for a good amount of time), most folks over the age of 16 (and some under) recognize that different people like different things, and that opinions vary widely. The kind of person who flatly rallies for one thing over any others is doing so in hopes of coming across as an expert or a very informed and intelligent person. Ironically, their continued insistence and inability to do that dreaded "other peoples' shoes" thing actually makes them untrustworthy and weakens their cause. See PETA for example, whose unabashedly flat and unwavering stance is delivered in such a way as to come across immature, unbacked, and even worthy of contradiction.

That is to say, even if you have a good idea, a barrage of constant repetitions of the same message and an inability to even begin to speak rationally about it makes you seem foolish, and actually invites people to rally against your cause just in an attempt to get you to think for a moment (which, with these kinds of people, really doesn't happen much... No great enlightenment will come of this or anything we say). Many vegetarians are embarrassed or ashamed to admit their choice because of the stigma PETA has inadvertently put around being a vegetarian. That can be extended to this situation which - again, I can't see, but - I assume is about Intamin. I like Intamin, but I wouldn't dare "side" with YoungStud because his opinion is so poorly delivered; agreeing with him would cast doubt on my own credibility here (not that I have any).

Whether he is a "troll" or not, I can't say and have no business saying. But I hope he recognizes that his delivery does NOT come across as someone whose opinion deserves to be valued in this particular area.

This has to do with Kings Dominion because it's hard to imagine that that park or any can be summarized with the advice to ride two roller coasters over and over and relegate the rest of the park and its history to "credits."

There ya go.

• Like 3

ALSO beware: last I heard, Kings Dominion had not had the food service 'overhaul' that Kings Island had a few years ago. Very, very few options in terms of food, and you will pay over $8 for a burger under a heat lamp. $10 if you want "cheese," more if you want "bacon." No fries, of course. Don't worry, though - there's a magnificent sprawling toppings bar of shredded lettuce and water-soaked tomatoes. ;)

It's also much more difficult to leave Kings Dominion for an hour or two and return - it's not located near much other than a Denny's that's supposedly no better than those burgers. I think this year's Planet Snoopy overhaul included a more "fresh-food" oriented counter service place, but just be warned.

There is a BK across the street. Also a truck stop with a diner in it, and a subway. Go to the diner very good home cook meals and not over priced.

In the park the i305 food stand has the yummy intimidator funnel cake.

For your trip if driving dont break your gps aday before you leave. Happen to me, bought a friends and I ended up all in the mountians on dirt roads. going in reverse at 230am with cliff on both side's of you is not fun.

• Like 1

I've never been to KD but my friend has. He rode Dominator 26 times in a row and it instantly became his favorite coaster, so make sure to ride Dominator. Volcano is an excellent ride but the line takes forever so ride that first thing. I wouldn't recommend riding Anaconda, my friend almost fell out of it, but it's an alright coaster. I don't know anything about Intimidator 305 because my friend was there when it was closed. Hope you have fun!