Flats

fanofFirehawk

Next Year we are getting the greatest investment in Kings Island's history since it's inception, Banshee.

But what will we see afterwards. It has been mentioned by many, even Don( I think) that Kings Island is in search of some good flat rides. So if it were up to you what flat ride would you put here, how would you theme it and where would you put it?

I would vote for a Skyhawk Style ride to either take to place of the Crypts former "Box o'FUN" or place it in X-base.

I'm not sure how I would theme it but I'd make it look really cool and "westerny", as for the one in X-base I could do quite a lot with that, but I probably would make it like a Astronaut G-force faculty that all test pilots would have to under go.

• Like 5

I too would remove the Tomb Raider building and put in an S&S Screamin' Swing, but themed to fit the Rivertown section. I would also add a PTC Cuddle Up, Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel, Intamin drunken barrels (Der Spinning Keggers), Larson Scooters, Antique Cars, Premier Rides Tilt a whirl, Huss (Hoose) Flying Dutchmans shoes ride, Tumble Bug ride (If there still is a company out there that builds them), and a Tempest.

• Like 7

What is crypt's theoretical capacity, I couldn't find it anywhere...but still

http://www.hussrides.com/giant-rides/giant-top-spin.html (900 PPH)

And in terms of what the theoretical PPH of a Zacspin would be: http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/RollerCoasters/ZacSpin+Coaster/tabid/138/ProductNumber/ZacSpin+Coaster/language/de-DE/Default.aspx (800 PPH)

• Like 2

Maybe HUSS can make a "giant flying eagles" ride..

Like a Chance Aviator?

Blech.

Hey now! :P I still stand by my "if you owned Kings Island" post. (The likelihood of us getting our Eagles seems very slim, so if we can't get Larson Flying Scooters, a Chance Aviator would be a decent Planet Snoopy addition, in my opinion. I do see where people wouldn't like them, though--they're very clunky-feeling compared to any flying scooters I've ever ridden.)

What about adding something like an improved version of a Rock-O-Plane? Americana had a nice one before they closed. It could be located right in Coney Mall.

Kings Island can`t get the Rock-O-Plane from Americana. Why? It is now running (and has been since 2007), at Cincinnati`s Coney Island. It received a nice paint job when it was installed at Coney in 2007. And it is not a very high capacity ride, since you are only loading one car at a time, and there are only eight cars on the ride. Not to mention, you have to keep the ride balanced (in terms of weight and what cars you leave empty). It is not exactly a people mover. But it is a very fun ride.

• Like 1