Kings Island Guide Needs Your Reviews

bkroz

Hey all, I'm working closely with the site Theme Park Tourist to develop Park Guides to... Well... Basically every theme park in the world. They're all online - free to download and print if you're interested - and need user ratings and reviews to really make them useful.

Kings Island's guide is here. If you're interested, you can rate each attraction with a single click. Same goes for restaurants.

The site's growing rapidly (currently it has about 50,000 Facebook fans) so they're also giving away two $50 Amazon Gift Cards each week for those who write reviews for attractions or restaurants (so rather than just clicking on a star rating, actually going to each ride's page and clicking "add review" toward the bottom and producing a quality review of the attraction - what it's like, how long it's worth waiting for, why you like it, the best part, etc). Each review counts as one entry with no limit. One of the gift cards is awarded for the "best" review, the other is randomly selected from all the qualifying reviews submitted.

So if you're interested in a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card and help improve the Park Guide for Kings Island, check it out. Tons of other parks to review, too, if you're interested.

The site also has a live-updating list of the Top 100 attractions as determined by user ratings which, at the very least, is fun to look at and participate in. You can go down the list and rate the attractions you've been on and see how they stack up according to the community.

• Like 13

This is not a ride that the park has but Kings Island does offer a pet day care center for the guests to board their pets. Over 95% of the people that come to it does not even know that it even exists. They either would have to leave their pets home, where they might get into trouble, leave them at the motel room, leave them at the camp ground or even some have left them inside their car. Here, they know they are being well looked after and make sure they have plenty of cool water to drink and are under cover, out of the hot sun and elements.

• Like 5

Is there a place to review the doggy day care? I'd review it.

I'll be quite frank, this summer I put in a $3000 fence, and $700 for doggie dentistry. As dear as my dog is to me, I have no problems with Kings Island watching my pup. It's an excellent facility and a great guest perk.

I wish it would get more advertising, I recall last year that some woman left her dog in her car, no doubt she didn't know about an air conditioned, clean, safe facility.

• Like 6

I recall security bring me a dog for me to look after that had been left in the car during a hot day. Security will open a car's door and bring the pet to pet care if the pet's health is in question. During the summer months, that can and will be every day. You must had met me, Tanna if you had us watch your dog. Security even brought me a blue herring that they had found injured. We placed it in our cage inside and the bird sanctuary group came the next day to take care of it.

• Like 3

No doubt we've met. As I recall, toys, leash, medicine, and food are all a dog owner needs to bring, water is provided and the crates are large, escape proof, and clean. The rules are simple, based on common sense.

The custodians can view the dogs easily, in case there's a problem. As we have dinner with our dog, it's great to come out and sit with our dog under a tree for a picnic.

• Like 2

I know all of the sounds and looks that they make when I am watching them. They are all saying the same thing, "take me out and pet me!" What type of dog do you have and what is his/hers name? I might remember your dog. Tom, a fellow KIC member, and his brother brings their dog for me to watch on a regular basis. Because I have Parkinson's, this job is a form of therapy for me, which is why nursing homes brings pets in for the patients to interact with. It keeps the tremors in my arms and legs from getting the best of me.

• Like 4

I wasn't able to make it to the park this year, due to constructing a fence, but in the past I've brought Scotties to the park, the first was Patrick, and after him, there was Ike. As stated, it would definately be in seasons past. I missed going to the park a bit this year, but the forum helped a lot.

I can easily see dogs as therapy. They take you out of yourself, in a way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...