Gatekeeper restraints

Ok who else hates them????? Great ride, horrible restraints. At only 5'3 and 102 pounds I found the restraints painful. It crushes my hips and the rubber part rubs on my collar bone. The first time I rode it it didn't seem bad but tonight with ERT and riding it a few times OUCH!!!! I am bruised :(

• Like 1

my son loves the restraint system. he said its the first time he has felt secure in a coaster in a long time and enjoyed the entire ride. It is a bit snug but Banshee will have a similar restraint system for its ride next year so i know he will enjoy Banshee. Sorry about the injuries

• Like 2

^Correct...The OTSR is a hydraulically locked restraint, when the valve is closed, the restraint can only travel down pinning you more, not up past the locking point after being secured via seatbelt. The vest followed a similar matter, but reminds me almost of a ratcheting restraint. It would normally be the same as the OTSR, and if it went in, it locked more, however, this has either been reprogrammed, or something mechanical was changed to now allow the vest to have freedom of motion at all times. It has a slight bit of tension to keep it pressed up against you to control your upper body and restrain you, but not to staple you and crush injuries

• Like 3

IM 5'9", 175, and have very little padding on my shoulders/collarbone area, and after 15 total rides on GK (12 in a row in 50 minutes of ERT) I had just a bit of tenderness on my left collarbone, The restraints are fine, and the ride is GREAT. The nylon restraints remind me very much of an automotive seat belt in how they operate... they stretch and move with you, until they are SUPPOSED to hold you tight, at which time they do.

• Like 3