All time banshee rider?

jdf21972

Somebody with no life IMO.

Actually those people have good lives, and one is a friend of the family who has had traumatic things happen to him and his family. So I think you might want to edit your comment and be a little more respectful before you say someone doesn't have a life just because they find joy in their life riding and enjoying a roller coaster.

• Like 20

Who could brave Vortex as many times as some have done with Diamondback??

I think our own VortexBFForever! She was working on her 200th ride at the 10th anniversary party!

Do we know if there is a Raptor rider? I know RaptorGuy, but don't think he marathons Raptor like previously mentioned enthusiasts. I think Banshee is going to be a hard coaster to marathon. I was able to marathon Gatekeeper 10 times in a row last weekend, but could only do Raptor twice. It just has to many forces and with those restraints not feasible. Hopefully with the GK restraints it will be more rerideable!

• Like 2

I am not much for marathoning anymore. I think some of my personal bests when I was younger was 14 on DrachenFire at BGW and 12 on Shockwave at KD. Last year as a family we did 6 on Everest at AK and I needed a break after that. How age effects your ridding ability, so I will not be the Banshee holder

• Like 2

Has this really turned into another YoungStud hate thread?

Already?

It baffles me how one singular user can be the subject of so many of these tangents and not be banned.

And yes, yes, I know - people have a right to their opinions. But this transcends that. People don't dislike YoungStud because of his opinions, at least not entirely.

• Like 4

I look at it this way, every person does or enjoys something that someone else thinks is stupid or should "get a life". Whether it be marathon riding a coaster, posting to forums, playing a sport, collecting comic books, spending time on Facebook, or in the case of youngstud, if his physical dimensions are what he says, spending too much time in the gym. The singer Adele has stated that smoking is her single most pleasure in the world and she will not stop, even to the detriment of her voice.

What somebody does with their own time is their choice - you may decide to build big muscles and someone else may decide to ride a ride X number of times. The point is, regardless of what the activity is, it obviously takes time and dedication to achieve the goal. Those mentioned about being the king of a certain ride all have led tremendous lives and by no means are losers and certainly do not need to get a life - many of them have experienced things most of us could only dream of. Ask the Diamondback king how many different roller coasters he has rode - you would be amazed and impressed with the number, as well realize that he has been all over to hit that number of different coasters. YoungStud, I would be shocked if you have rode more Intamin coasters than he has.

We are all unique - if everyone was the same, it would be a boring place. What floats your boat, may not be of interest to anyone else, but if you enjoy it for whatever reason, as long as the activity isn't illegal, I am not one to criticize it just because I personally wouldn't partake in it.

If more people followed their passions and enjoyed life instead of disrespecting and always finding the negative in things, the world would be a better place.

I leave you with this, Babe Ruth was known for many years as the home run king; he could have just as easily been known as the strikeout king as he led that stat for many years (haven't followed it in a while to know if anyone else has taken the strikeout king total). Point is, it is all about what you focus on - positive or negative and that will ultimately determine how you live your life.

(edited to better convey intent)

Edited by disco2000
  • Like 11

Who could brave Vortex as many times as some have done with Diamondback??

I think our own VortexBFForever! She was working on her 200th ride at the 10th anniversary party!

Do we know if there is a Raptor rider? I know RaptorGuy, but don't think he marathons Raptor like previously mentioned enthusiasts. I think Banshee is going to be a hard coaster to marathon. I was able to marathon Gatekeeper 10 times in a row last weekend, but could only do Raptor twice. It just has to many forces and with those restraints not feasible. Hopefully with the GK restraints it will be more rerideable!

Raptorn is forceful cause it is a first generation like btr and nemesis. I will be shocked if it will be more forceful than Gatekeeper.

I look at it this way, every person does or enjoys something that someone else thinks is stupid or should "get a life". Whether it be marathon riding a coaster, posting to forums, playing a sport, collecting comic books, spending time on Facebook, or in the case of youngstud, if his physical dimensions are what he says, spending too much time in the gym. The singer Adele has stated that smoking is her single most pleasure in the world and she will not stop, even to the detriment of her voice.

What somebody does with their own time is their choice - you may decide to build big muscles and someone else may decide to ride a ride X number of times. The point is, regardless of what the activity is, it obviously takes time and dedication to achieve the goal. Those mentioned about being the king of a certain ride all have led tremendous lives and by no means are losers and certainly do not need to get a life - many of them have experienced things most of us could only dream of. Ask the Diamondback king how many different roller coasters he has rode - you would be amazed and impressed with the number, as well realize that he has been all over to hit that number of different coasters. YoungStud, I would be shocked if you have rode more Intamin coasters than he has.

We are all unique - if everyone was the same, it would be a boring place. What floats your boat, may not be of interest to anyone else, but if you enjoy it for whatever reason, as long as the activity isn't illegal, I am not one to criticize it, no matter how stupid I personally think it may be.

If more people followed their passions and enjoyed life instead of disrespecting and always finding the negative in things, the world would be a better place.

I leave you with this, Babe Ruth was known for many years as the home run king; he could have just as easily been known as the strikeout king as he led that stat for many years (haven't followed it in a while to know if anyone else has taken the strikeout king total). Point is, it is all about what you focus on - positive or negative and that will ultimately determine how you live your life.

QFT.

What people do with their spare time is their choice and their choice alone, and we should not be dissing or making fun of someone—anyone—for their choice of leisure activity. Let me point out that I've recently begun to use some of my spare time to write Star Wars fan fiction. Do you do that? Most likely not, and you probably think I'm wasting my time on it. But it's something I choose to do because I enjoy it. I don't know what you do to amuse yourself, but it's probably something that I don't understand why you would want to do or wouldn't enjoy myself. And that's the point: just because YOU wouldn't enjoy it doesn't mean it's right to make fun of the other person, and that's what you guys are doing. Different people get enjoyment out of different things. I wouldn't make fun of you because of what you do in your spare time, and neither should you make fun of me for writing fan fiction or Gary Coleman for riding Diamondback as many times as he has. It's just flat-out wrong.

• Like 8