Ouimet?

fanofFirehawk

After visiting CP last weekend for the first time this season, I was very impressed with how things are looking up there. I did not see one ride down (which in past years was never the case.) Heck TTD was sending trains out every 57 seconds like clock work! Everyone was friendly, same as I have come to expect from KI. We are getting a new coaster, sales and shares are up. I would say he is doing a great job!

• Like 6

Who do I think has been more beneficial for Cedar Fair as a business and company overall? Ouimet by far...

But from a thrill seeker perspective I still will always miss Kinzel a little bit.

One thing we have to keep in mind is if was not Kinzel sitting in that seat it would have been someone else pushing that envelope. Agreed he may have pushed it a long a little faster and harder than someone else, and for that other areas suffered.

• Like 2

All I can say is that this season at KI was one of the best I can remember in some time. The park felt alive again very revitalized, to me that is a sign that things behind the scenes are going much better and smoother. I know the additions and direction the park seems to be going are a vast improvement from where it was headed the past decade.

• Like 5

Ouimet is doing an amazing job but i do question him making the statement of parks being their own brand, the parks themselves don't standout much from eachother other than comparing CP or a Cedar Fair park before the paramount takeover... And all the paramount parks still resemble eachother in a sense... Another issue i have is a lack of variety or rides and coasters alot of the newer flat rides are becoming chain wide , and the newer coasters are becoming chain wide B&M. I don't mind b&m but manufacture variety is a must,I emphasize variety because its great there's no comparison with a arrow hyper and a b&m hyper both coasters are hyper coasters but the difference is the manufactures engineering style both produce very different rides experiences... I wouldn't want all intamin coasters either i need b&m floater airtime as a cool down from all the intamin thrill!

And if a waterslide wasn't designed by ProSlide, we've never heard of it!

Correction, everyone except BB1.
You work at Holiday World?
No, I did work at a certain other park at one time though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...