Vortex Is Sinking.

DontWantToWait42mar0

Banshee will affect Vortex's popularity. But at the same time, it won't.

Vortex's ridership numbers will not likely drop by much, if at all. In fact, if Banshee brings new customers into the park, they may even go UP.

Now, Banshee WILL affect Vortex's popularity in that Vortex will almost certainly drop one position on the "most ridden rides" list. I believe Vortex is currently third (in terms of 2012 figures). Banshee will almost certainly drop it to 4th.

Or a better way to express it:

if(!rideName.equals("Banshee"))

{

ridershipRank++;

}

homestar92, who's wanted to do that for a while, and is probably opening a door for malem to point out some flaw in his pseudocode.

• Like 7

Vortex will also remain a favorite among younger guest too because I would assume with Banshee being an invert, the height restriction will be another factor in popularity, especially with families who have smaller children who want to ride a big coaster.

I love the robot and I always will and I know I'll love the wailing woman too ;)

• Like 5

Now, Banshee WILL affect Vortex's popularity in that Vortex will almost certainly drop one position on the "most ridden rides" list. I believe Vortex is currently third (in terms of 2012 figures). Banshee will almost certainly drop it to 4th.

{

ridershipRank++;

}

homestar92, who's wanted to do that for a while, and is probably opening a door for malem to point out some flaw in his pseudocode.

Nope, the code looks good, assuming that Banshee overtakes Diamondback next year, which isn't a certainty. Diamondback caters to a wider demographic and will be more re-rideable, though Banshee will be brand new and will probably have a faster crew. My guess is that the numbers will be close.

Just to nitpick, you should be properly using whitespace to make your code easier to read. I'll give that to you, though, since you were typing into a comment box and not a proper editor.

• Like 5

{

ridershipRank++;

}

Just to nitpick, you should be properly using whitespace to make your code easier to read. I'll give that to you, though, since you were typing into a comment box and not a proper editor.

Details, details... LOL! :ph34r:

• Like 1

I honestly probably could ride Vortex all day if the final helix wasn't there and if the safety brake is setup...that's a nice hard jolt that instantly gives me a headache..

However the most I've been able to marathon is three...after that and two times getting a full stop, I was done lol...but man that first stop and beautiful turn into the consecutive loops...endless fun

Is Kings Island going for the most loops in one theme park?

KI is not even close.

They'll be second in the standings after Banshee, but in terms of actual inversion count, you're right, they aren't even close.

And to contribute to another ongoing discussion, the most I've ever marathoned Vortex was 6 consecutive times, during its brief stint as an ERT ride. I could have kept going, but someone lined up for my row.

• Like 2