arrest a ki 10/5/13

shrillcaptinspike

I had a friend who visits Haunt almost every night that posted this today:

I have a major rant here. I am sick to death of ignorant people who show up at Kings Island Halloween Haunt and act like total morons!! Why in the world do you go to a scare park with scare zones all over the place and scream at a scare actor for doing their job and scaring you? Are you a complete freaking moron????? OMG!!!!!!! Some moronic woman used her umbrella to stab a scare actor...why? HE SCARED HER PRECIOUS DAUGHTER. Well unfit mother what the heck are you doing taking your kid into a zone that is DESIGNED to scare her? Father's use horrible profanity at these kids because they scared their kids. Hey UNFIT MORON why do you take your child into that area????? Do you not read??? And parents who allow their children to walk the park unattended are in a class by themselves. Kings Island is NOT your free babysitting service. It is YOUR JOB to monitor your children. These free roaming brats take great pleasure in touching, hitting and tearing costumes of the scare actors plus the various haunt props and decorations. Trust me your little brats need you to step up and be a parent. People like this make the haunt experience bad for others. I am sick to death of all of you. GET A BRAIN and GET A LIFE.

Thinking this may be what you saw.

• Like 15

If the park is attracting undesirables, it may want to consider what message it is marketing. Crowd control is a delicate thing. It's a slippery slope to Fontaine Ferry, GAd 15 years ago, SFEG or SFA.

Terp, just sayin'.

What irritates me, as does my friend, is that people use the park as a babysitting service. Why not create an admission guideline that you have to be over __ to be without an adult? You'd think that parent's would be more thoughtful about this, especially with the recent episode of the guy in glasses recording kids (I know this opens up another can of worms and what not). It irritates me because there are tons of parents who drop their kids off for the entire day during the summer....and pick them up at the end of the night (not really responsible). However, the moment their kid doesn't answer their phone and doesn't show up to the pickup location the parents see it as the parks fault.

• Like 4

I go to the park without my parents all the time. I don't think I'm causing a disruption..

Me neither. Yet, apparently there are teens who do cause disruptions. I see idiot teens who make fun of the actors and taunt them just for giggles. I also see a lot of them running around, and even one time two kids who were fighting each other (not for real, just for fun) in the middle of the pathway. It gets annoying. The thing about the "persons under ___ not permitted unless with parent supervision" is, there are mature teens, and I'd rather not have my parents following me around at Kings Island when I'm with a group of friends.

• Like 13

I go to the park without my parents all the time. I don't think I'm causing a disruption..

Me neither. Yet, apparently there are teens who do cause disruptions. I see idiot teens who make fun of the actors and taunt them just for giggles. I also see a lot of them running around, and even one time two kids who were fighting each other (not for real, just for fun) in the middle of the pathway. It gets annoying. The thing about the "persons under ___ not permitted unless with parent supervision" is, there are mature teens, and I'd rather not have my parents following me around at Kings Island when I'm with a group of friends.

I agree with you, great point. The problem is, the teens who are unlike you and your friends and seem to not be mature.

When a family comes to the park (or any park) they are generally there for a get-away from the outside world, or a "vacation" and part of the escape from the outside world should be not having to be bothered by teens that act as if they are still in grade-school. There are many teens like you (or TheCrypt) who go to the park by themselves or with friends and cause no problems at all, But there are also teens who go to the park and without adult supervision, and are unable to handle themselves. That is where the fine line is drawn. The main question is raised at that point, as to whether to implement a system at which teens of a certain age and under cannot roam the park without supervision of an adult or not.

...But as far as my actual opinion on implementing a system of adult supervision at KI, I would rather that the park management just doesn't let the atmosphere get to that point that every teen needs their parents following them around the park.

Overall, either way, there will ALWAYS be, at least a few teens causing trouble at not just KI but any park, whether it's Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, or even Magic Mountain.

• Like 2

I feel Razzy and I didn't do anything when we are let loose for the park, Razzy's mom sat in the International Street Starbucks, sipping her coffee doing what ever on her MacBook. Mean while Razzy and I responsibly went about riding our rides and abiding by all of the guide lines that have been laid down by the park, and by Razzy's Parents. We checked in at the appropriate time as always, asking people what time it was to make sure we were not late.

It was an empty sunday, with minimal crowds. We are relatively responsible, and don't pick fights or anything. There are plenty of idiots out there that do, it is the most annoying thing ever, especially when they come up to two twelve year olds like me and Razzy trying to start something just because they feel like it and we are smaller then them. Walking away is the best thing to do, or make sure you are visible to park security, even point them out to security.

It really sucks douches go off and try ruin a wonderful day at Kings Island for others.

The haunt is hard because, it is late, not a lot of parents want to go with there child and chaperon them through haunted houses. As it gets later it can get worse.

You think is funny to give the underpaid employee dressed in a very hot suit a hard time, maybe a shove. Lets see how funny it is when you are banished from the park and spend the rest of the night in a jail cell.

I like having my dad with me at the Haunt, he is my Guardian, i like having him accompany me through the Haunts (Usually am hiding behind him the entire time….), the **** that like to pick on kids like me and my friends sort of back off with him there next to me. Maybe my attitude will change as I grow old but for now I enjoy having him around my at the Haunt and in Kings Island.

Edited by fanofFirehawk
  • Like 9

What are they afraid of? That this "vampire" might be a real vampire that wants to put the bite on them? Get real. This is not the place to bring young kids to and the park advertises that it is not. Maybe this kid goes to bed with the light on so they can see the monster that lies beneath their bed ready to attack them.

• Like 3

At Universals Halloween Horror Nights, they close the park and empty the park prior to the Horror Night to clear out the families, and it is a separately paid event (which by the way is outrageously priced now at about $100 per one night visit and for an additional fee you can Express, counts me out!) for each participant no matter what age and there are security personnel throughout each zone, house and just about everywhere, just to keep the peace. The fact that the houses and zones are way more intense than at our haunt and cost is high, pretty much weeds out the families with children. We actually saw security pop out of no where and chase down some teens who had fake Id's and were trying to buy beer...they were caught and detained on the spot.

• Like 5

Speaking of arrests... what was the reason two lanes of parking were blocked by Police tape today (Sunday)?

I don't know. If you're talking about the first two rows on the south side of the marquee (where gold pass parking used to be), those were blocked off Friday night as well.

The person who got tackled and arrested, was that even a minor?

Plenty of 18+s get in trouble.

Why we picking on the kids?

Why are we picking on the kids? No one is picking on them. Here's the thing Terpy, the incident to my knowledge started with a minor getting to scared during Haunt. The mother who was there with her told the scare-actor to leave the girl alone and then hit the scare-actor with an umbrella. The woman made a choice to allow her daughter, a minor, to go to Haunt where she'd be scared and was then too scared causing an incident.

The incident and many incidents that have happened with minors at the park is what is insane. The reason I brought up the thought of having an age restriction when it comes to being in the park alone, is that if something were to happen to the minor in anyway, the parents then blame the park and could create a legal matter. Although, I see it as a loose article policy. The park is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Yes there are minors who are on this forum and outside of the forum that are mature enough to be at the park either by themselves or with a group of friends, but the reality of it is, not every minor is like them.

As for the whole age restriction how has it worked out for other parks? There are some that have it, Family Kingdom, Disney (I know not in the same league) and maybe more.

• Like 5

My little brother goes to KI With his friend All the time. My parents drop them off at the drop-off by the marque and they walk to the gate. Then at park close they pick them up. I can see maybe clearing out the park like Upstop said. Maybe they will do this next year. I mean do people dont get about Halloween Haunt. Its in the name and they do warn people that anyone under the ae of 13+ sould not attend. But people dont care and dont listen and then there like "We didnt know it was Scary!" I mean, Come on people!

End of rant :P

I personally don't think they should restrict the age limit to the Haunt. Even if it is "recommended" to be over the age of 13, I don't think it is necessary. It would be too difficult to kick everyone out of the park and then let you back in... I have seen plenty little kids go through haunts that laugh at all the scareactors and just enjoy the scenery. The mother infront of us last weekend was enjoying some time with her son in Carnevil, he was enjoying the bubbles and the neon colors. I personally don't think its fair to take that away from some people. If the little kiddies aren't afraid of that kind of stuff and like it, then let them go into the haunted houses, its just bad when parents force their kids to go into the mazes.

If the park is attracting undesirables, it may want to consider what message it is marketing. Crowd control is a delicate thing. It's a slippery slope to Fontaine Ferry, GAd 15 years ago, SFEG or SFA.

Terp, just sayin'.

What irritates me, as does my friend, is that people use the park as a babysitting service. Why not create an admission guideline that you have to be over __ to be without an adult? You'd think that parent's would be more thoughtful about this, especially with the recent episode of the guy in glasses recording kids (I know this opens up another can of worms and what not). It irritates me because there are tons of parents who drop their kids off for the entire day during the summer....and pick them up at the end of the night (not really responsible). However, the moment their kid doesn't answer their phone and doesn't show up to the pickup location the parents see it as the parks fault.

My mom and dad used the park as a baby sitter. But my sister and I (along with our group of friends) were super responsible. My mom could use it as a "babysitter" because she knew that she wouldnt be receiving a phone call from park security telling her to come pick her kids up. We were as young as 12/13. This was in the days before everyone had cell phones (about 14 years ago). We had change and knew we had to check in with a paid phone call. I got my first cell phone at 14 and man oh man, did that help on not having to carry change every where.

But hey, I was at the park last year and I saw adults being stupid. Trying to yell at teenagers for standing in a group. They are just kids. Let them have fun. Age doesnt make you a problem. The way you are raised is what makes you a problem to society....

I think at a minimum kids should be at least 16 to go to Haunt without a parent. Parents, on the other hand , who have their elementary aged kids with them should be shown the exit. You need a license for just about anything in life... but any idiot can be a parent.

I disagree whole heartedly. If you remember the haunted house at forest fair mall (before it moved to Dent School House, yes look it up kiddos), my parents took my 6 year old self and 5 year old sister to haunts. My sister loved it. I was sort of terrified. However, its some of the best memories I have as a kid. My parents knew what was going to happen. My parents learned that I could sit out a haunt (with the mom) while my dad and sister walked through the haunt. So if a haunt said, no shes too young, my sister never would have enjoyed the things she did.

• Like 9

Or you could use it to participate in the Haunts, you can experience the scare zones and ride rides but a band would allow you to enter any of the awesome Haunts. That would allow for people to experience the Haunts they want, and the people who want to ride rides, ride rides.

Personally I would prefer to keep it as is, but if they could come up with something creative and would allow for better theming and purchasing of rights to movies and stories, it might be expectable.

Terp, just sayin'.

I just want to hug you!

I agree 100%!

Plus they line jump, curse like sailors, and are very rude to other people.

We were walking from Action Zone toward the front gate Friday night, and some kids stopped in front of a member of my group to suck in the fog. This kid then goes on to say that we cut him off. Then him and his little tween friends began back talking and talking trash when something was said.

1. You stopped in front of us.

2. That stuff is not good for you. Look at the places where the fog has killed the grass!

3. No matter what, do not talk back to an adult.

• Like 3