arrest a ki 10/5/13

shrillcaptinspike

Also if parents take their young kids to see Ed Alonzo's magic act during Haunt, they should not complain about the mature content. It is stated that his is for mature audiences and not young kids. It is more of a PG-13 instead of a G or PG that they feel it should be. It is like a parent taking their young kid to a violent, slasher movie like Friday the Thirteenth 15 and complaining that Freddy is too gruesome and has too much blood, even though it is rated R.

KI-ORIG-EMP... you're old enough to know better. Friday the 13th... is Jason, Hockey Masks, and hatchets.

I think at a minimum kids should be at least 16 to go to Haunt without a parent. Parents, on the other hand , who have their elementary aged kids with them should be shown the exit. You need a license for just about anything in life... but any idiot can be a parent.

Most can reproduce, but not everybody can be a parent.

• Like 2

At one point in time, I thought it was a creative way to let the audience know the attacker was near announcing, "Killer". I don't think the closed captioning recognizes kill kill kill, her her her...I think it might say eerie sound, or music or something like that...For me it is just years of watching the movie and listening closely....it clicked with me one time when you see the closeup of Mrs Vorhees when she says "kill her mommie...don't let her get away...I won't Jason...No place to run, no place to hide...Kill her, Kill her, Kill her!" It's also not written into the script. I think it was strictly the sound guys using Betsy Palmers line to fill in the sound, very effectively I might add.

I am not into slasher movies and did not like Friday the 13th and walked out of it. That is why I put Freddy into it. I like horror movies with vampires, mummies and ghouls but when it comes to crazed slasher flicks, not my cup of tea. I only watched 1/3 of that slasher movie and have not watched any other.

But who survives?...the perpetual virgin (kind of opposite of ancient tribal mentality - the virgin was the first to go into the volcano!) ... Actually the first F13 was definitely a slasher movie (and by today's standards it was rather tame, there was very little to be seen in the way of gore.), but as it progressed into 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and remakes, Jason became an unstoppable monster.

My favorite horror is ghost related....The Ring, The Haunting, The Conjuring, Insidious 1 and 2...These are fanstasy/horror movies.

I feel Razzy and I didn't do anything when we are let loose for the park, Razzy's mom sat in the International Street Starbucks, sipping her coffee doing what ever on her MacBook. Mean while Razzy and I responsibly went about riding our rides and abiding by all of the guide lines that have been laid down by the park, and by Razzy's Parents. We checked in at the appropriate time as always, asking people what time it was to make sure we were not late.

It was an empty sunday, with minimal crowds. We are relatively responsible, and don't pick fights or anything. There are plenty of idiots out there that do, it is the most annoying thing ever, especially when they come up to two twelve year olds like me and Razzy trying to start something just because they feel like it and we are smaller then them. Walking away is the best thing to do, or make sure you are visible to park security, even point them out to security.

It really sucks douches go off and try ruin a wonderful day at Kings Island for others.

The haunt is hard because, it is late, not a lot of parents want to go with there child and chaperon them through haunted houses. As it gets later it can get worse.

You think is funny to give the underpaid employee dressed in a very hot suit a hard time, maybe a shove. Lets see how funny it is when you are banished from the park and spend the rest of the night in a jail cell.

I like having my dad with me at the Haunt, he is my Guardian, i like having him accompany me through the Haunts (Usually am hiding behind him the entire time….), the **** that like to pick on kids like me and my friends sort of back off with him there next to me. Maybe my attitude will change as I grow old but for now I enjoy having him around my at the Haunt and in Kings Island.

To be honest, is it not the bossest thing to be there with your parents? I loved going to the park with my parents. When haunted attractions used to be roadside, run by the Jaycees, I loved going there with my family.

Events like that make you see what they were like when they were you age. On The Racer, my dad turned back into the kid that rode Cyclone and listened to Big Band at the Starlight Gardens.. The look on his face when confronted by the Creature of the Black Lagoon in some haunted house attraction was priceless. I wouldn't give up those memories for a million dollars.

These parents poking and prodding and yelling at monsters have lost their spirit of fun- sticks in the mud that never donned a mask and spooked anyone. `

As for the rough patrons, I'd suspect that they've grown up in the era of "hell night", where one wreaks havoc on Halloween, or simply, to state my mind honestly, they are so close to animalistic, they wouldn't know how to to behave no matter the policing policy. I saw some idiot steal a phone a few years ago and try running out the gate. He stole the phone at the entrance to Coney Island, then ran. I'm sure he got far, about to the Eiffel Tower.

I had a kid in my neighborhood ask me why I no longer hand out candy for Halloween. I do hand out candy, but I go to a neighborhood where the kids dress up, there's no mothers with six month old babies really begging for themselves, the kids say "Trick or Treat" and thank you. In my neighborhood, the parents dig into the bowl and grab up candy for themselves.

I go to the well behaved families in my neighborhood the night before with a basket of candy, (All both of them), then do what trashy families have done for years on Halloween, I go to a nice neighborhood for Trick or Treat.

• Like 8

I used to give out candy but experience just about the same as you. In my town, the beggers are mostly adults that aren't wearing costumes. It was fun to see the kids in costume, and when that stopped happening, I stopped passing out candy.

I remember when we used to have school costume parties and gave out prizes for the best costume. My sister would design my costumes - and every year I would win first prize. One year I was the joker in a deck of cards, and the next year I was a grandfather clock. Then my sisters and brother would take us to a Jaycee's haunted house...I stayed in the car...(wimp - LOL), we used to bob for apples and make and eat caramel popcorn balls. We would always be home in time to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." Wow...such great memories...and then it was Thanksgiving then Christmas..... :D!

• Like 6

Halloween used to be such a big deal for me, costumes and parties and running through the cornfields, playing hide and seek.

It feels so dumbed down to me, lately, that it stopped being a kids' holiday. Kids don't even dress up anymore.

Until my sister's kids reached that non begging age, I start October 1st making their costumes.

October is for artists- we get to make kids's dreams real, and for once, we don't get the stink eye for being impractical.

• Like 2

Maybe At a Booth Near the Entrance or tower, You get an orange band at the start of the day. And when Halloween Haunt starts. Theres booths around the park that check? And you could get this tiicket if you wanted to go to Halloween Haunt?

That's kind of how it was in the first year of FearFest, which was a separately ticketed attraction. People would have to go to one of several booths or people with aprons around the park to get a wristband. Let me tell you, that was a huge pain to adminster.

There's good reason why many people refer to Halloween Haunt as the "White Trash Bash."

I have never heard anyone call it that, except for a select few people on here. Of course, I may be hanging out with the wrong crowd. This time of year I hang out with a decidedly pro-Haunt group of people. But you and I have a long-time understanding that we agree to disagree on this whole subject. ;)

I think at a minimum kids should be at least 16 to go to Haunt without a parent. Parents, on the other hand , who have their elementary aged kids with them should be shown the exit. You need a license for just about anything in life... but any idiot can be a parent.

Kings Island, to their credit, does warn people though. You don't have to go through the shows, and if you can handle the random person coming up to you screaming or yelling "BOO" it's just another night at the park.

Ugh... I hate generalizations like this. There is so much more to being a good scareactor than "screaming or yelling 'Boo.'"

When I saw a terrified child being held by the parent going through the maze I was sure to speak my mind and tell them in character that the young ones aren't supposed to be here.

Since I'm a butcher, I point to the kids and thank the parents for bringing in the "chicken nuggets." This always gets a laugh from them, and usually at least a smile from the kids too.

Also if parents take their young kids to see Ed Alonzo's magic act during Haunt, they should not complain about the mature content. It is stated that his is for mature audiences and not young kids. It is more of a PG-13 instead of a G or PG that they feel it should be. It is like a parent taking their young kid to a violent, slasher movie like Friday the Thirteenth 15 and complaining that Freddy is too gruesome and has too much blood, even though it is rated R.

KI-ORIG-EMP... you're old enough to know better. Friday the 13th... is Jason, Hockey Masks, and hatchets.

And you're old enough to know better too. Jason's main weapon of choice was a machete, not hatchets! ;)

• Like 10

As for horror movies, I prefer the movies from yesterday. I prefer the Hammer movies with Christopher Lee as Dracula and Peter Cushing as Van Helsing. One of the modern vampire movies made today that I liked was Priest. As for movies like Friday the 13th, I don't care for them. There was a good movie for TV that was called Vampire that stared Richard Lynch as a vampire and E.G. Marshall as a retired San Francisco police detective that was hunting him. Between the music, the lighting and the suspense, it kept you glued to your seat wondering when the vampire was going to pop out of his coffin.

• Like 2

I had no idea that kill kill kill her her her was the noise. Does that come up the closed captioning?

ACTUALLY.

Mrs. Vorhees says "Kill her, mommy!"

"Kill her, Mommy." was shortened to "Ki ki ki, ma, ma, ma.

Bonus features rock!

2:00 is where he talks about this.

Wow thanks! I have the vhs version ...believe it or not and a dvd but not any anniversary dvd....what a great clip...I'll have to look at the other clips online.

Also,notice how independent horror films seem to slam the box office. Friday the 13 and Halloween were both independent and panned by critics as losers, yet both had record sales.

How old a person is, does not define "maturity". I know of many young teens that are more mature than people my own age (myself not included jokesters! :P ).

Just this past Saturday night. we went to a local haunted house. 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed it. My youngest (age 11) did not. While I felt bad, I simply "hugged" her through the rest of the HH & reminding her it was a "play".

Am I a bad parent? No. She said she could handle it before going. I now know better for this year- she is still to young.

Do I blame the actors? Absolutely not. They are doing their job. It's what we signed up for. Park goers should also be aware that HH at night is a different park than a Saturday night in July. Expecting the same atmosphere is just naive.

• Like 9

How old a person is, does not define "maturity". I know of many young teens that are more mature than people my own age (myself not included jokesters! :P ).

Just this past Saturday night. we went to a local haunted house. 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed it. My youngest (age 11) did not. While I felt bad, I simply "hugged" her through the rest of the HH & reminding her it was a "play".

Am I a bad parent? No. She said she could handle it before going. I now know better for this year- she is still to young.

Do I blame the actors? Absolutely not. They are doing their job. It's what we signed up for. Park goers should also be aware that HH at night is a different park than a Saturday night in July. Expecting the same atmosphere is just naive.

I think you handled it well. We don't know until kids actually see it how they are going to react. I think you did the smart thing by supporting her nd not scoffing at her for being afraid. When my sister would become afraid, my dad would go into Stooge mode, and become comically frightened- that worked for her. (angh-angh-angh!)

• Like 4