Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

Rode it Friday night, twice in a row. Seeing all that had been undone gave me a bad sinking feeling about it for next year. I'm probably worked up over nothing, but the rush of nostalgia from memories of the ride as a kid every time I go back there finally hit me. I guess I'd gotten complacent with it always being there, and once that complacency was interrupted (not saying its going anywhere, just a what if situation), it made me appreciate the ride so much more. I feel like any ride you think could even have a chance of going byebye quickly and quietly you should try and enjoy. You can never know which ride will be your last. TG still packs a punch (especially below 40)

• Like 5

I noticed tonight that all the platforms and theming are gone. I really am wondering if FD is being re-themed. I would love to see that. It desperately needs a paint job and some kind of makeover! A suspended flying coaster named The Bat seems pretty cool and I think it would fit in well with Banshee

• Like 2

Seeing that blueprint and the queue'ing reminds me more of a Raptor queue setup than anything with the line being inside the actual ride structure. It does my heart well though to see KI using a lot of queue lines, ala Cedar Point, maybe now there will not be lines spilling into the midway.

How can you say that with so much certainty?

I don't know for sure, obviously. But if you think about it, there would be no reason to remove FD right now. We won't be getting a new coaster after Banshee for a few years so there's no reason to make more room. I'm not saying I know what's happening- just making logical assumptions. FD is a great ride still!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 2

A while back I believe Don said to be on the lookout for a winter event for KIC. My guess is a Banshee construction tour and possibly the first look at Flight Deck renovations. I doubt you'll hear or see anything until then unless the park purposely releases photos.

• Like 5

It can reliably be reported that during today's GOCC tour of Banshee Mr. Helbig stated

that no existing coasters would be removed in the forseeable future, but that 20 years from now some existing coasters probably won't be existing at the park.

Separately, it can also reliably be reported that riders are queued patiently awaiting their last rides on Flight Deck....this season.

Terp, who does not carry phones or stuff in parks

• Like 9

Heck...no one knows what tomorrow will bring...enjoy it now while you can....oops....too late...seasons over...

See you next year Kings Island!...Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

edit: BTW....there is a lot of space under Flight Deck...enough for a very large new queue line...That would free up some real estate for possible new additions to that sleepy little hallow...Just sayin...

Also, did anyone else notice that the Timberwolf stage lights were on last night (10/26)...kind of looked like sumtin was going on there too.

• Like 5

For what it's worth, which I know talking to ride ops is usually just a reliable as the Dippin Dots guy, the ride op at Flight Deck today said te ride will be updated in the offseason. Mostly because the ridership will be higher because of Banshee. Here's some last day 2013 pics of the ride, hopefully last known as, Flight Deck..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 11

Hey, I wouldn't trust too many ride ops, I was told to have a great day at Cedar Point.... If they do remodel it, it better be better than Flight Deck, because I love that theme.

I say that they'll announce the retheming of Action Zone Jan 25th or 26th.

I heard a rumor today of Drop Tower being Demon Drop and Invertigo being Screamin' Demon. I like the idea. Because it's like a throwback part of the park and halloweenish.

• Like 3

For Congo Falls...hmmm lets see....enclose the ride and queue...make the queue more of an interactive attraction before the ride itself. Perhaps a medieval torture chamber. The boat could drop through darkness to a pit below with animation from the splashdown to the station.

It could be called....heck..Idk...maybe "The Darkness"

• Like 4