Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

Delirium as I've seen posted before, could easily be Pit and Pendulum.

Flight deck, as we've all seen, The Bat ( reborn, rises,etc...)

Invertigo, Hangman? The Noose? Open to suggestion.

Drop Tower, I see little hope here, without a large investment to theme it. In my opinion, you'd have to enclose the entire queue.

Concept: Entrance is a castle like spire

The inside of the queue, with animatronics of a mad scientist every few switchbacks, encouraging you that you must climb the tower to enact the lightning rod.

Enter the ride, which now enclosed at the base, appears as the lab. ( I know, it will have to be vented for the massive amount of air that the drop moves. Also that air could be used as storm gusts in queue. )

The ride lifts, when you reach the top, a bright light flashes, and down you go. As if you got struck by the lightning. Quite obviously it would be a better ride at night, but all I could think of.

I like NoChickens remodel of Drop Tower.

What was his remodel idea?

This was his idea.

• Like 4

Delirium as I've seen posted before, could easily be Pit and Pendulum.

Flight deck, as we've all seen, The Bat ( reborn, rises,etc...)

Invertigo, Hangman? The Noose? Open to suggestion.

Drop Tower, I see little hope here, without a large investment to theme it. In my opinion, you'd have to enclose the entire queue.

Concept: Entrance is a castle like spire

The inside of the queue, with animatronics of a mad scientist every few switchbacks, encouraging you that you must climb the tower to enact the lightning rod.

Enter the ride, which now enclosed at the base, appears as the lab. ( I know, it will have to be vented for the massive amount of air that the drop moves. Also that air could be used as storm gusts in queue. )

The ride lifts, when you reach the top, a bright light flashes, and down you go. As if you got struck by the lightning. Quite obviously it would be a better ride at night, but all I could think of.

I like NoChickens remodel of Drop Tower.

What was his remodel idea?

This was his idea.

Thanks for finding it. I forgot where it was.

I'd like to see more switch backs under the station and an extension of the midway where the entrance is currently. The flyby of that ride is pretty darn good and it's very desolate most of the time. If the ride entrance is moved back that whole area could be much wider.

• Like 3

There's an extra set of stairs that attaches the ride's exit down to the lower queue. In the past, this featured a handicap electric ramp where guests in a wheel chair could experience the queue then ride up to the accessible part of the station. I bet you that becomes a "Fast Lane" entrance. I.E. Fast Lane riders enter through the exit, then go down those stairs and join up with the regular queue.

That's what I initially anticipated happening, but that set of stairs has now been demolished. I'd now be surprised if Fast Lane was added to the ride, as it'd require a whole new bridge of sorts from the ground to the station.

Is it crazy to think that they just wanted to get rid of the under queue and be done with it

A little. Why spend money on removing the queue for no reason other than to get rid of it? What profit could that bring the park?

Maybe they're actually saving money by removing the queue. Like if they were planning to paint the whole thing a brand new set of colors, it'd be cheaper to remove the unused bottom queue than it would be to paint it matching colors.

How can you say that with so much certainty?

But if you think about it, there would be no reason to remove FD right now. We won't be getting a new coaster after Banshee for a few years so there's no reason to make more room.

It's unlikely we'll get a new coaster for a few years? Kings Island added a coaster every year between 1991 and 1993 (Adventure Express, Scooby Zoom, Top Gun), and again between 1998 and 2001 (Scooby's Ghoster Coaster, Face/Off, Son of Beast, Rugrat's Runaway Reptar), and once again between 2005 and 2007 (Italian Job: Stunt Track, Avatar: The Last Airbender (which the park counts as a coaster), Firehawk). The park may have been managed by different companies during those times, but that doesn't mean a similar trend cannot occur.

• Like 2

None of those rides cost $24 million.

And it's unlikely we'll get another $24-million attraction for a few years, but that doesn't mean we can't get a coaster of some sort in that time period. Like many of the coasters I listed, they don't have to have a big price tag.

• Like 2

In the shadows of falling darkness, wings of the night creature await their silent signal from the moon

Via Kings Island's Twitter

Don't get your hopes up too much. That could mean anything from a Flight Deck retheming to the Festhaus now serving hot wings and Blue Moon beer.

• Like 7

"In the shadows of falling darkness, wings of the night creature await their silent signal from the moon" That line is directly from The Bat promotional commercial that aired on television. It is right at the beginning of the video....

If it were to happen, it would be wonderful to see those awesome vehicles with the bats head return too.

• Like 14

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Flight Deck to The Bat actually happens. I'll be happy if that is the case, but I can't help but think it's just him teasing.

Also, although The Bat fake page was a said to be a placeholder, and it was, it still doesn't explain why they didn't just put already generated photos, or just a blank photo to show an image rather than new logos and such. I don't know..

Me, taking a seat on one particular side of the speculation.