Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

There's no "splash zone" per se, unless you mean have visitors stand right on the track.

There is a curved in portion of the splash down that was built for a splash zone, but it was fenced in. It's not a big area but you can see that it is the only area that water splashes from the pool.

Peculiar...

I was under the impression that this tread was about Flight Deck and what was happening over there...

A fan. A party pooper.

We have officially gone off topic. (If you really want to talk about this, please make another topic.)

I will be there soon and I really wish they would keep the old scenery.

Sorry for getting your underoos in a twist....back on track now.

I saw little bits of activity going on under Flight deck in its old queue line earlier this summer. It looked like some of the theming was being removed but there was nothing noticeable until now. I'm thinking that there is a major cleanup going on right now, maybe for a new theme but I think most likely for a new paint job, as a spruce up to Action Zone.

It is not that it is just that we have tried to go away from that past. (See SOB and Banshee speculations) Well it could be a refurbished queue with the tech being dusty and old.

Maybe they are cleaning out the queue to move that long queue all the way back to the field before the staircase, thereby opening up the entire area from the bridge back for a few flat thrill rides....someone mentioned Spooky Hollow. I think that is a great idea starting from Banshee back to the woods. There would be space for maybe two exciting flat rides in that area, and maybe a shop or food stand too.

Personally, I'd put a Tilt-a-whirl and a Flying Eagles back there. Eventually, they could eliminate Timberwolf Amphitheater and open up a chunk of property to circle through the "Hollow"

• Like 5

There's no "splash zone" per se, unless you mean have visitors stand right on the track.

There is a curved in portion of the splash down that was built for a splash zone, but it was fenced in. It's not a big area but you can see that it is the only area that water splashes from the pool.

There were never plans to extend the pathway down by the Diamondback splash pool in order to create a "splash zone."

If you look at the ride's original blueprints, renderings and promo photos - what you mention wasn't in the cards. Before the ride opened, each train had different "fins" on it, each one creating a different effect for the splash down. None of them shot outwards.

I'll post on topic, but I read somewhere that under the station was a replica control room for the queue, since the station is supposed to represent a flight carrier.

There were a couple different things. Essentially you would queue through there and see various displays that depicted how an aircraft carrier operated. There were mock "Am-Ram" and "Phoenix" missiles on display (common armaments on the F-14 Tomcat), a model aircraft carrier that lit up, a missile that would rumble and bellow steam as if it were firing, a radar panel and an area for an employee to sit and perform height checks.

• Like 7

yes there appears to be no filtration. it looks like an icky, disgusting pond, unless the waterfalls feature is there to recycle te water. I think the falls are there to recycle water from the splash down pit, of course it may skim surface water too.

And to get that disgusting water on riders.

I said it before. I'll say it again.

YUCK-A-DOO.

I got wet on Diamondback once when it was not raining. That's enough for this lifetime. For me.

Only Clementon's chutes with the ground up fish come to mind as worse. Not even Camden's flume.

Cedar Fair. Family fun. Clean.

KI can do better on that water.

It can.

It should.

Nasty.

Despicable.

Sad.

• Like 3

to make up for my stupidity I looked every where for flight deck apparel/gifts and only found these shirts in the $10 and under store, on clearance, for $5.

fwet.jpg

and this hat for $5 as well.

9ze9.jpg

that's all i could find. i grabbed the red and black stats one.

also, saw this shirt? not sure if it's just talking about the rides being wild or what.

szn5.jpg

homestar92, I've been every year. I just never payed too much attention but I'm hopeful for The Bat idea.haha

• Like 2

Most of the scenes are now extracted and are in the valley, you can see most of the old props, including the carrier map, in the valley with the scenes open. I really want to buy at least one of those scenes!

• Like 1

After a bit of thought, I remember something very important. Cedar Fair losses ALL rights to any use of any Paramount name. Now I know it may or may not have any infringement on the topic, but by that definition, we could be getting either The Bat, which right now I don't want due to my fanaticism on planes and war material, or getting an updated queue. Also one idea I thought,but now won't be in effect more than likely, is that in the Banshee queue we could of had those scenes lying down a backstory on that it is an paranormal investigation in the Scottish Moors.

• Like 1