Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

Ah...a diversion.

Or not.

I think it is certainly a diversion.

They're anticipating more Flight Deck riders next year, so they're DIVERTING the path of the queue to fit more people.

I highly doubt they would spend money like this to extend a queue that I already a 1/4 mile long.

• Like 11

it would be cool if flight deck was rethemed. I love this ride except for the queue that's longer than the ride itself and the bland gray color scheme. if actually rethemed to The Bat, paint the track black, supports brown to make it blend with the trees so it looks like a bat flying around, and of course bring back The Bat like cars. im only 20 but I saw footage of The Bat and it looked amazing. if only arrow had learned to bank the track to put less stress on the train it may had still been alive today.

Plus that haunt maze would not be handicap accessible, unless an elevator was added.

I could definitely see a FastLane addition, alongside a possible retheme of some sorts.

The haunt inside of the crypt has you walk down a flight of stairs.... I also saw them tell a few guests in wheel chairs that they would not be able to go through a few haunts while in wheel chairs....

Seeing all of those pics makes me sad to think that almost 20 years ago we were (the universal we) all lining up under that ride. I loved the theme under the ride.

• Like 4

I think they are simply cleaning it up! That stuff has been un touched for over 10 years or so now! That area under the station looked awful, I could just see this has just removing the entire que section all together. I guess time will tell!

• Like 2

Plus that haunt maze would not be handicap accessible, unless an elevator was added.

I could definitely see a FastLane addition, alongside a possible retheme of some sorts.

The haunt inside of the crypt has you walk down a flight of stairs.... I also saw them tell a few guests in wheel chairs that they would not be able to go through a few haunts while in wheel chairs....

As someone else stated, there's an elevator for guests unable to go up/down stairs.

Not getting my hopes up since I have asked in the past with no reply, would someone post pictures of Top Guns queue so I can see what I think I still remember?

Here ya go. Not sure where I found these, but I think it might've actually been on this website a couple years ago.

fPsXY8Z.jpg

62sJRVh.jpg

When I worked Flight Deck back in 2008 and part of 2009, we'd sometimes go under the station during some off-time. The doors could be opened with one of the ride's keys, but there wasn't much to see inside any of them - just some dusty old props and displays. Hopefully whatever goes in instead is more exciting.

• Like 6

Sorry folks, flight deck is being removed at the end of the 2013 season, be sure to ride Banshee as it makes its debut in 2014!!! Kidding,, If they do go with The Bat retheme maybe they will retheme under the station to be The Bat lair, or cave.