Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

The ride would be awesome if it was another 500-600 feet longer.

Banshee and Flight Deck will be quite close in ride time.. and the lift hills (according to pov videos and the animation) are also close to the same time stamp.)

Of course, Banshee will have more exciting elements, faster speed, and 5 seconds additionally of extra fun cause flight deck has that pre-drop.

But still.. Flight deck isn't that terribly short; Think of it as Invertigo's experience.

our Bat out of H e l l.

Okay-that would explain the desire for a flame motif. When I first saw the suggestion, my first thought was "F16 on fire? Do not want."

It would be cool if they used those sparkly bill board thingys that shimmer in the wind....kind of simulated fire....LOL

• Like 1

there will be a lot of full lines in the zone next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Flight Deck's line doesn't fill up on weekends. Therefore, the sprucing up is necessary.

You wouldn't be surprised if the line doesn't fill up on weekends?

Terp thinks a double negative gotcha!

Sorry, it was past my bedtime....and I ain't got nothing else to say about it.....lol

• Like 3

Yes, the coaster currently known as Flight Deck was once red.

I don't know the exact year it was repainted (nor do I care) but according to your account of it being grey in 2002 and a photo of a red Top Gun in 1996 on RCDB, I'd imagine it was sometime between 1996 and 2002. Probably closer to 1996, though.

I don't know the exact year it was repainted (nor do I care) but according to your account of it being grey in 2002 and a photo of a red Top Gun in 1996 on RCDB, I'd imagine it was sometime between 1996 and 2002. Probably closer to 1996, though.

thanks for answering I was just curious. the only way I knew it used to be red is I have a pamphlet from early 2000's and they used a pic of it when it was top gun and the track was red, but I didn't know what year it debuted.

thanks for answering I was just curious. the only way I knew it used to be red is I have a pamphlet from early 2000's and they used a pic of it when it was top gun and the track was red, but I didn't know what year it debuted.

Had to be 1993 when the coaster opened.

Banshee's ride time is listed at 2:40, while Flight Deck's is listed at 1:30. That is pretty different!

I am very aware what RCDB says. However, from the start till the final brake run, based off POVs, it is NOT too different.

I stated what I was basing the durations off of.

I remember one of my dad's student did his thesis on the accuracy of Wikipedia he researched a bunch of subjects and then compared them to Wikipedia's notes and all but one fact was off.

Was this a college kid doing an indepth thesis or a high school kid doing an introductory thesis? What articles did he research on Wikipedia? Too many variables.

In truthfulness, Wikipedia is a decent start and for some medical terms it does have a decent level of understanding on their. The problem with Wikipedia is that the way the "fact" is presented can be misleading. The way a tone is worded can change the meaning of the article....

"Top Gun was repainted to be part of the all new Paramount Action Zone"

"Top Gun was repainted gray, from its original bright red paint job"

Top Gun, originally Red, changed to Gray, in 199?"

3 "facts" but only one is a true fact while the other 2 are presented as opinionated versions of the facts...

I remember one of my dad's student did his thesis on the accuracy of Wikipedia he researched a bunch of subjects and then compared them to Wikipedia's notes and all but one fact was off.

Was this a college kid doing an indepth thesis or a high school kid doing an introductory thesis? What articles did he research on Wikipedia? Too many variables.

In truthfulness, Wikipedia is a decent start and for some medical terms it does have a decent level of understanding on their. The problem with Wikipedia is that the way the "fact" is presented can be misleading. The way a tone is worded can change the meaning of the article....

"Top Gun was repainted to be part of the all new Paramount Action Zone"

"Top Gun was repainted gray, from its original bright red paint job"

Top Gun, originally Red, changed to Gray, in 199?"

3 "facts" but only one is a true fact while the other 2 are presented as opinionated versions of the facts...

To answer your question, this thesis was written by a College student (junior I think), and I don't know much more past that.

All I was trying to cite was that Wikipedia has gained a rather undesirable reputation of being a totally unreliable website, which I believe isn't the case.

I see what you mean, all of my teachers in the past have forbidden the use of Wikipedia as a resource for a paper. But I have always used it as an "outline". Which, this year my English Comp teacher recommends!

• Like 1

Wikipedia is useful when working on a research paper, just not as a source for facts (which, generally speaking, you should never be using any tertiary source, like encyclopedias, in research papers; you should use secondary sources and in rare cases the occasional primary source instead). The best way to use it is as what I call a "source for sources". Most Wikipedia articles of decent quality with have some form of references to secondary sources, either inline citations and/or a bulleted list at the bottom of the page. These secondary sources can be used a handy starting point for your own research, provided that the sources are not locked behind an online paywall.

• Like 2