Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

Some thoughts.

They wouldn't do all of that work just to do it.

That is a lot of work that has be done for nothing more than cleanup.

Why clean/refurbish an area guests haven't seen or had access to in years?

When you paint a room, you remove all of the furniture and cover the hard stuff to move. Getting ready for paint?

Could they be installing a new general public line and FastLane underneath?

• Like 7

I think you might be working yourselves up for a big let down. It is most likely a Fastlane because of the overflow crowds they are expecting for Banshee. A Fastlane could easily go down a the staircase in the picture, turn towards lift hill, go under the lift hill to the existing stairs, ending at the front of the rollercoaster train.

Not to mention that Flight Deck will be much, much busier once Banshee opens, just as Flight of Fear is much, much busier since Firehawk opened. Proximity is destiny.

Dang, being able to walk up to FD and getting multiple rides without having to get out is the best thing about it. If it start having 30-45 min waits I'll pass

• Like 8

Unrelated, but not really (about the retheming of Action Zone):

I'm not sure if they remove Deliriums logo yearly like Flight Deck. But the supports that hold the disk on Delirium to the "pendulum" used to have the Delirium tornado logo, but the logos are now gone.

Like I said, I'm not sure if they do this yearly or not.

Ignore that last post, after researching it for a few I believe that that logo has been removed since Cedar Fair renamed the rides. Here's a picture of the logo I was talking about though, just in case I was unclear on what I was taking about.

PKI.70.jpg

I will be making two trips to the park this weekend so hopefully I will have some more pictures for you guys to compare to the ones that were earlier posted. I for one believe what someone said earlier in that they would not have done all this work for nothing, something is going to happen here.

• Like 3

I'll be going Saturday and Sunday, making this the most I've gone in one season. 16 times. Which I think is fairly decent since I live two hours away and am 21 and pay for these trips myself.

But anyway, I'll snap some photos as well.

• Like 1

Something IS going to happen. Whether it's a new theme or not is still in question. I think there is a good chance of it though. A new theme (The Bat) would fit perfectly beside Banshee. I do guarantee we will see a new paint job at least. The current state of Flight Deck is an eyesore next to the fresh look of Banshee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Honestly I think we will see a complete restructuring of Flight Deck/ OLD SOB queuing area to accommodate for over flow for Banshee. Maybe even a relocated restroom to open up that area.

I don't see how that area would be used for Banshee queuing at all? The queue for Banshee is not going to be anywhere close to that area. In the ride renderings I am pretty sure the restrooms were still there. I think all queuing will happen inside the ride like GK.

Something IS going to happen. Whether it's a new theme or not is still in question. I think there is a good chance of it though. A new theme (The Bat) would fit perfectly beside Banshee. I do guarantee we will see a new paint job at least. The current state of Flight Deck is an eyesore next to the fresh look of Banshee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Something has/is happening. They are removing the lower queue of the Flight Deck station and the old theme items. While this could look like there are various possibilities....remember when they removed the divider in The Racer station and on the ramp...the park didn't make a huge deal about it.

• Like 1