Remnants of past attractions

homestar92

I see that the floor is wooden. I wonder if the mechanical parts came from Coney Island? I know the cups are different.

If you know the manufacturer of the ride that would be so cool to see it come back to the park.

Just found out that PTC still offers these rides! Lets start sign up to request this ride!

I think the Cuddle Up would go great in the spot of the Attitudes store if they ever brought it back. My father and I discussed the ride once and he told me that the park should consider bringing the ride back because it was something he didn't appreciate until it was removed from the park. I found a cool video on Youtube of a Cuddle Up ride:

Do what?

You do realize the two coasters peacefully co-existed for quite some time, right?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

I heard something about King Cobra inside of Outer Limits.

Yeah, the trains from King Cobra used to be stored in the FoF building. They were removed in 2012 I believe.

^The poles are the same as from Der Spinnen Keggers.

Posted Image

The arrows point to the current location of the poles (shielded by trees in the picture, but visible from ground level), and the two poles as they were when it was Der Spinnen Keggers.

Great eye, nice find!

I saw them, but what were they for?

I'm sure many of you have stumbled upon this site before, but in case you haven't, it has some cool pics of remnants. Granted most of these pics are 7 years old and the webpage hasn't been updated in years, but I thought it was neat nonetheless:

http://www.kiextreme.com/historyphotos/index.php?cat=6

Where was the monorail storage house? Is it still there?

I'm sure many of you have stumbled upon this site before, but in case you haven't, it has some cool pics of remnants. Granted most of these pics are 7 years old and the webpage hasn't been updated in years, but I thought it was neat nonetheless:

From this post:

shedo.jpg

It's used for maintenance of some sort today.

I miss disaster transport. I hated avalanche run...even as a child, but what they transpired it into was something I always loved. Too bad it couldn't have been back of the park instead of blocking the beach. I will miss that fun little ride. But I am the biggest dark ride guy you will ever hear from. I go to fairs strickly to check out their fun houses and dark rides...

• Like 6

I miss the Space Spiral. On my first visit in August of 2005, when I was seven, my mother forced me to ride it, despite my fear of heights (At the time, I hadn't been on the Eiffel Tower yet). I enjoyed the great view of the lake and the park. I started to enjoy high places, thanks to the spiral. When we returned in 2007, I couldn't wait to climb into the cabin again and sit down in those leather seats for an incredible view. I was disappointed to hear last year that the ride would be demolished. Who knew a ride that your mother had to twist your arm to get you on would have a special place in your heart. I still feel it was a bad decision to do away with it, but from what I understand, maintenence costs were high, the ride used alot of energy, and had alot of downtime, so it may have been the best decision to remove it. The destruction of the ride makes me appreciate the Eiffel Tower alot more, though both were manufactured by two different companies (Space Spiral was built by Willy Buhler Space Towers AG under Von Roll out of Berne, Switzerland, and the Eiffel Tower was built by the (infamous) Intamin AG company out of Zurich, Switzerland. There are very few rides similar to the Spiral left in the world, one at Six Flags La Ronde, another at Sea World Orlando, and one at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.

• Like 5

From this post:

shedo.jpg

It's used for maintenance of some sort today.

The Steel Coaster Maintenance team is based out of there.

• Like 5

For those who don't know...

There if actually another live show venue at KI. Chances are, you've been in it, likely recently.

I'm talking about the Enchanted Theater. It was a small but fully functional theater that ceased operation around 1995... maybe earlier.

The area now houses the Circus of Horrors or CarnEVIL... or whatever they call it now. I haven't been in there since last year, but I remember seeing light rigging hanging from the ceiling last year. I also was able to go "backstage" at that haunt several years ago and the stage was still there and awaiting its next performance.

I doubt we'll ever see a show there again, but one can hope!

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7474/dcp2401.jpg

• Like 5

Much, but not all. The building has been retrofitted several times. I've heard that the old ball room scene from Phantom Theater (now the library scene, I think) is used for storage now since the new scene is much smaller.

Also - another remnant is the platform which one of Maestro's was on. Is behind you as the ride begins, your photo is taken. The direction of the cars was altered during the conversion to Scooby.

• Like 4

For those who don't know...

There if actually another live show venue at KI. Chances are, you've been in it, likely recently.

I'm talking about the Enchanted Theater. It was a small but fully functional theater that ceased operation around 1995... maybe earlier.

The area now houses the Circus of Horrors or CarnEVIL... or whatever they call it now. I haven't been in there since last year, but I remember seeing light rigging hanging from the ceiling last year. I also was able to go "backstage" at that haunt several years ago and the stage was still there and awaiting its next performance.

I doubt we'll ever see a show there again, but one can hope!

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7474/dcp2401.jpg

Oh yeah! I remember going to that show when I was like 5...maybe it was in the Peanuts Theater, but I don't think that the Enchanted Theater closed in 1995.

• Like 2

The theater opened with Phantom Theater in 1992. It was listed on the park map until 2005, although I think its last show ("Scooby-Doo and the Ghost in the Attic") was in 2002.

• Like 2