Remnants of past attractions

homestar92

What is that ride on the upper left side of the pic?

As a couple others mentioned, it's Rotor. Relocated from Coney Island, it stayed in that spot until 1974, when it was transported to the other side of Bavarian Beetle to make way for the Lion Country Safari entrance. Most online sources claim it was removed 1979 alongside Bavarian Beetle and Sky Ride.

10554509244_dd491daab5_c.jpg

bunch of old stuff in old safari area

From left to right, you have an old security booth, Italian Job's photo booth (later reused as a standard souvenir booth, right outside Zephyr), Boomerang Bay's guest services, and the Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo (aka Beastie), later repainted and reused for Slaughterhouse.

• Like 9

why was Boomerang bay GS removed so quickly it wouldnt be that old(unless it was a reused building) and mystery machine van looks like a junk yard van sitting for years instead of a couple and why not used now

Punctuation is your friend.

And Boomerang Bay's Guest Services was a temporary trailer. The park built a new, permanent one for Soak City. And the park is somewhat limited in where they can use a Mystery Machine, even if it is repainted (as it indeed was for Slaughterhouse)

That Mystery Machine van was sitting somewhere in Action Zone (I'm tempted to say right behind Stunt Crew Grille) a few years ago, I had wondered where it came from.

Yep, behind Stunt Crew Grille. It was filled with all sorts of blood and gore for Slaughterhouse. I believe it was originally a photo booth for Scooby-Doo (and later Beastie).

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like a bit of a stretch to call the Enchanted Voyage compass an "attraction," if you ask me.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if there ever were any giant compasses in the park besides the one on top of Enchanted Voyage.

Merriam-Webster:

attraction

: something interesting or enjoyable that people want to visit, see, or do

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but while back at KI for the the first time in 13 or so years, we were walking by Slingshot and for the life of me I can't remember what used to be there. Anyone know?

So much has changed there but when I got back so much felt the same and comfortable.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but while back at KI for the the first time in 13 or so years, we were walking by slingshot and for the life of me I can't remember what used to be there. Anyone know?

So much has changed there but when I got back so much felt the same and comfortable.

Looking at old maps, it doesn't look like there's ever really been an entrance to an attraction there. At one point, King Cobra was in the same general vicinity. When the park first opened, one of the stations for the Skyride would have been around that area.

Actually three things.....a long time ago there was the Bayern Curve ride to the left when facing Slingshot and right at Slingshot was the Oktoberfest Skyride station. To the right where Adventure Express entrance is located (in the landscaped patch) was the Flying Dutchman (wooden shoes) ride.

Edit: If you look above your post at post 93, Lopan has posted a picture of the Skyride station.

• Like 1