Remnants of past attractions

homestar92

When working at the park, in 2009, there was talk about the panel not going to be replaced because of the cost. I want to say, they quoted around $1000 to replace the panel. In which, duct-tape is a much cheaper option to cover up "Italian Job: Stunt Track."

It's not about marketing the ride as the former name, but as of rights to the name. In order to display copyrighted material, including ride names, you have to pay legal rights to the name. These often are extremely costly per year.

However that logo was only covered with black for one year 2008, it has been visible for several several years now.

• Like 3

When working at the park, in 2009, there was talk about the panel not going to be replaced because of the cost. I want to say, they quoted around $1000 to replace the panel. In which, duct-tape is a much cheaper option to cover up "Italian Job: Stunt Track."

It's not about marketing the ride as the former name, but as of rights to the name. In order to display copyrighted material, including ride names, you have to pay legal rights to the name. These often are extremely costly per year.

However that logo was only covered with black for one year 2008, it has been visible for several several years now.

It's not in a "public area" so they're fine. There are still Paramount logos everywhere if you know where to look.
  • Like 8

During the early days of Top Gun the queue line extended under the station where you viewed props from the movie "Top Gun' such as planes,radars,etc. But eventually after years of that in the early to mid 2000s (cant think of the actual year) they closed it off and then you just walked through what you walk through now. During the "Flight Deck" era the planes stayed until late 2013 when we all knew that a change was coming. Don't know why they removed the queue underneath the Station. I guess "The Bat" just didnt need that.

Its similar to how Vortex's queue is the Original Bat's queue. It's themed to be a Gothic Castle but it does The Vortex alright, except it used to be Orange not The Vortex Blue. Also it's similar to how Boo Blasters on Boo Hill's queue is the exact queue as Phantom Theater. They kept the Maestro's Balcony and the Chandeliers and also the spooky borded up faces except they took out their Phantom look and atmosphere. Also another remnant. When "The Bat" gets back to the Station look down and you'll see the Number 41 painted on there to resemble an Aircraft Carrier.

I recommended to Kings Island that they should use the Phantom Theater Animatronics on either "The Bat" or "Banshee". At least they could play the music. I think the Gargoyle would be perfect in "The Bat's" queue line. He could tease you like the Maestro.

• Like 6

Flight Commander, as the name of a former Kings Island attraction, is always capitalized here.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't like coming here much anymore.

Like it or not, you do, and as such you're bound by the TOS. Is it really that hard to hit the shift key? I see you capitalized "I".

• Like 5

Also with The Vortex queue, at one time it went down underneath the station as well. There are still gates on the "landing" between the steps coming down from above and the actual station part where the stairs used to be. I assume that changed when they extended the queue line further out into Coney Mall, especially as it's more difficult for security and others to keep an eye on park guests down there.

• Like 2

Flight Commander, as the name of a former Kings Island attraction, is always capitalized here.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't like coming here much anymore.

Like it or not, you do, and as such you're bound by the TOS. Is it really that hard to hit the shift key? I see you capitalized "I".

I'm not questioning on whether or not ride names need to be capitalized on a fanboy message board. Frankly. I don't care and pro tip: neither does Cedar Fair. However, Let the SITE STAFF enforce it.

• Like 1

^ The "site staff" have repeatedly said that they count on this community moderating itself

Certain people were upset by some trademark abuse here in the past, so this site instituted a zero tolerance policy of sorts on that subject. It's really a minor issue; properly capitalizing names isn't hard.

• Like 6

To quote Mr. Dane:

"...and it will continue."

Why anyone would think Cedar Fair doesn't care about its trademarks is beyond fathoming.

I never said they didn't care about their trademarks. They (the people that matter when it comes to their trademarks) just don't care if a ride name gets capitalized on a fan boy message board. Especially a ride that has been gone for 20 years.

• Like 1

1. Son of Beast's Station along with its chain lift mechanism. also the original trains are behind Dinosaurs Alive! if you ride the back seat of the Red racer (i think) and look youll see them. Also the newer trains were used for haunt last year the Blue ones but they took off the Son of Beast sticker not sure if y'all saw them or not.
2. The lights from Lion Country Safari are directly under Congo Falls.
3. There are several Footers from the original Bat under Vortex and right next to the Station. Also the maintenance doors have two holes in them obviously to incorporate The Bat's suspended track. Along with The Bat's Station (except it was Orange not Blue.) and the stairs leading up the first lift hill on Vortex are from The Bat.
4. Going back to Son of Beast the queue line is still there and also whats left of the Track sticks out of the Station.
5. The original Enchanted Voyage entrance is still there. Its next to The Great Pumpkin Coaster Its the big mural of Snoopy or the Pumpkin Patch. Its doors are there and its used for Carnevil during Haunt.
6. Flight Commaders Queue is still there and I think is used for KillMart BB1-This is true, the queue line is utilized.
7. Phantom Theater's entire queue line is present along with the Maestro's Balcony and Spooky faces that I think were supposed to be Maestro are in the Hallway. They've got boards on them and glowing red eyes and are all from Phantom Theater. (My Profile Picture) is one of them. who looks like Maestro. Also Kings Island has about all of the Animatronics and the Phantom Theater Mouse is used in Board to Death. Along with the Boiler Room furnace in Slaughterhouse Reloaded towards the end of that maze. And I think there's a few Phantom Theater things in Madame Fatales Cavern of Terror.
8. There may be a Few King Cobra Footers present behind Slingshot next to Banshee but they may have been removed although they were quite small and out of the way of Banshee's footers. Also King Cobra's Chain along with other parts of it might be in Flight of Fear. Althought the trains from King Cobra were moved back in 2008 to Kings Dominion to be used as spare parts for Shockwave. A clone of King Cobra down in Virginia. Those trains used to be in Flight of Fear but now i Think they are next to Volcano:The Blast Coaster from what Ive read.
9. The Paramount's Kings Island trams are clearly visible from the Top of the Eiffel Tower.
10. Der Spinning Keggers have to Flag poles next to Viking Fury.
11. Sky Ride's Footer now has a tree in it but is still next to Adventure Express and behind the restaurant that used to be Bubba Gump's. I forget its present name but I think its Hanks Burrito Shack.
12. Top Gun's Stars are still there. If you turn around when you first step out of The Bat's entrance tunnel/Old Son of Beast tunnel you will see them.
13. SkyLab's queue line is now a prize storage room facility.
14. Tomb Raider The Ride's photo booth is still next to the same building that once housed it Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror.
15. The go cars from Thunder Alley are visible from Firehawk's queue line and lift hill.
16. A majority of the Scooby Doo and The Haunted Castle Props and Cardboard cutouts are used on Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.
17. The track from Phantom Theater is still there but the actuation of the Cars switched. But its still the same track from Phantom.
18. Also I have no idea what happened to the Phantom Theater Cars maybe someone can help me on this they used to be on display at the Bandstand before Blood Drum's became a hit.
19. Not really a remnant but the sign for Invertigo along with the actual Station is still colored to represent the Face/Off days.
20. Many of the Wild County Safari buildings remain except you have no way of accessing them. Along with the Trams from the Safari are at Jungle Jim's down the road. BB1- Except for the old restaurant, which is the Chicken Shack
21. Cars from the Jetson's Ride were also on display next to the Eiffel Tower and next to the Son of Beast trains.
22. The Crypt's seats are stored inside Flight of Fear and The Bat Demon is used for Haunt.
23. And does anybody know if there are any Screamin' Demon remnants? Ive never found any. BB1 -Are not visible anymore due to the renovations over the years to Action Zone I believe.
24. Also Im fairly sure the old Flight of Fear cars are stored inside Flight of Fear and there are some also behind Banshee. Behind Son of Beast's old Rosebowl Double Helix, near the Station of Son of Beast now.
25. The Flying Dutchman's launch pad is now the entrance to The Adventure Express.
26. I cant think of anything else except for througout the park there are various things that still say Paramount's Kings Island on them like the Trams and other things if you look hard enough.
(BB1)27. Guest Services BB stand is still noticeable from the Eiffel Tower.
28. The old Paramount placks in the Tower Gardens are face down/The old Paramount stars were still visible.
29. Old WaterWorks buildings still exist at Soak City
30. The old Boomerang Bay Kookaburra Bay fish on the semi submerged seating platform are still visible.

Just continue the list made by Maestro, if I could also ask to clarify anything that needs to be clarified with the said list, this way we cold keep it up to date and thorough. Please use your username to show your corrections and comments on the list when modifying.

• Like 4