Remnants of past attractions

homestar92

I really don't see the big deal about having to capitalize trademarks. For one thing, text-talk, outside of personal texting and private messaging, is the cyber version of having your butt-crack sticking out. But, beyond that, you're not being asked, nor forced at gunpoint for that matter, to spell every word correctly nor use pitch-perfect grammar. All you have to do is spend a couple of extra seconds capitalizing and correctly typing specific ride names and brand names. That's all. Besides, it's always a good practice to go through, re-read, and tidy up anything you post to the general public, just as you would a resume, report, or an article/blog you're writing, simply on the principle that this is your reputation you're putting out there for all to see.

If you don't think these things matter, well then here's an example of how capitalization matters to context. "I need Coke" implies that you want a nice, ice-cold, refreshing beverage. "I need [c]oke" implies that you need to go to rehab, asap! "I like to ride The Beast" means "You like to ride the roller coaster;" "I like to ride (t)he (b)east" means, well, hehe, what you like to do in your spare time is none of my business.

• Like 5

The capitalization thing used to bother me when I first joined but honestly I've grown used to it and it does make the "fan-boy" message board a lot easier to read. Maybe that's just a generation-gap thing as I can't stand the "txt-speak" where people feel they must short-hand everything.

• Like 6

Flight Commander, as the name of a former Kings Island attraction, is always capitalized here.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't like coming here much anymore.
It also reminds me how much I want a "downvote" button on this site.

Not a good idea... Those are fine for sites with anonymity of users, but in a place like this where community and interpersonal interactions are the keys to existence, that would do nothing but harm.

• Like 6

But the user who posted the material will still see that it was given a negative. Imagine if you had thought of some seemingly-brilliant post and it got downvoted half a dozen times. Would you want to keep posting here? Would you want to keep adding to conversation? And the reaction is especially true if you were new to the forum.

Some people have thick skin and wouldn't be bothered by it, but the sense of community would take a hit.

• Like 7

1. Son of Beast's Station along with its chain lift mechanism. also the original trains are behind Dinosaurs Alive! if you ride the back seat of the Red racer (i think) and look youll see them. Also the newer trains were used for haunt last year the Blue ones but they took off the Son of Beast sticker not sure if y'all saw them or not.
2. The lights from Lion Country Safari are directly under Congo Falls.
3. There are several Footers from the original Bat under Vortex and right next to the Station. Also the maintenance doors have two holes in them obviously to incorporate The Bat's suspended track. Along with The Bat's Station (except it was Orange not Blue.) and the stairs leading up the first lift hill on Vortex are from The Bat.
4. Going back to Son of Beast the queue line is still there and also whats left of the Track sticks out of the Station.
5. The original Enchanted Voyage entrance is still there. Its next to The Great Pumpkin Coaster Its the big mural of Snoopy or the Pumpkin Patch. Its doors are there and its used for Carnevil during Haunt.
6. Flight Commaders Queue is still there and I think is used for KillMart BB1-This is true, the queue line is utilized.
7. Phantom Theater's entire queue line is present along with the Maestro's Balcony and Spooky faces that I think were supposed to be Maestro are in the Hallway. They've got boards on them and glowing red eyes and are all from Phantom Theater. (My Profile Picture) is one of them. who looks like Maestro. Also Kings Island has about all of the Animatronics and the Phantom Theater Mouse is used in Board to Death. Along with the Boiler Room furnace in Slaughterhouse Reloaded towards the end of that maze. And I think there's a few Phantom Theater things in Madame Fatales Cavern of Terror.
8. There may be a Few King Cobra Footers present behind Slingshot next to Banshee but they may have been removed although they were quite small and out of the way of Banshee's footers. Also King Cobra's Chain along with other parts of it might be in Flight of Fear. Althought the trains from King Cobra were moved back in 2008 to Kings Dominion to be used as spare parts for Shockwave. A clone of King Cobra down in Virginia. Those trains used to be in Flight of Fear but now i Think they are next to Volcano:The Blast Coaster from what Ive read.
9. The Paramount's Kings Island trams are clearly visible from the Top of the Eiffel Tower.
10. Der Spinning Keggers have to Flag poles next to Viking Fury.
11. Sky Ride's Footer now has a tree in it but is still next to Adventure Express and behind the restaurant that used to be Bubba Gump's. I forget its present name but I think its Hanks Burrito Shack.
12. Top Gun's Stars are still there. If you turn around when you first step out of The Bat's entrance tunnel/Old Son of Beast tunnel you will see them.
13. SkyLab's queue line is now a prize storage room facility.
14. Tomb Raider The Ride's photo booth is still next to the same building that once housed it Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror.
15. The go cars from Thunder Alley are visible from Firehawk's queue line and lift hill.
16. A majority of the Scooby Doo and The Haunted Castle Props and Cardboard cutouts are used on Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.
17. The track from Phantom Theater is still there but the actuation of the Cars switched. But its still the same track from Phantom.
18. Also I have no idea what happened to the Phantom Theater Cars maybe someone can help me on this they used to be on display at the Bandstand before Blood Drum's became a hit.
19. Not really a remnant but the sign for Invertigo along with the actual Station is still colored to represent the Face/Off days.
20. Many of the Wild County Safari buildings remain except you have no way of accessing them. Along with the Trams from the Safari are at Jungle Jim's down the road. BB1- Except for the old restaurant, which is the Chicken Shack
21. Cars from the Jetson's Ride were also on display next to the Eiffel Tower and next to the Son of Beast trains.
22. The Crypt's seats are stored inside Flight of Fear and The Bat Demon is used for Haunt.
23. And does anybody know if there are any Screamin' Demon remnants? Ive never found any. BB1 -Are not visible anymore due to the renovations over the years to Action Zone I believe.
24. Also Im fairly sure the old Flight of Fear cars are stored inside Flight of Fear and there are some also behind Banshee. Behind Son of Beast's old Rosebowl Double Helix, near the Station of Son of Beast now.
25. The Flying Dutchman's launch pad is now the entrance to The Adventure Express.
26. I cant think of anything else except for througout the park there are various things that still say Paramount's Kings Island on them like the Trams and other things if you look hard enough.
(BB1)27. Guest Services BB stand is still noticeable from the Eiffel Tower.
28. The old Paramount placks in the Tower Gardens are face down/The old Paramount stars were still visible.
29. Old WaterWorks buildings still exist at Soak City
30. The old Boomerang Bay Kookaburra Bay fish on the semi submerged seating platform are still visible.

Just continue the list made by Maestro, if I could also ask to clarify anything that needs to be clarified with the said list, this way we cold keep it up to date and thorough. Please use your username to show your corrections and comments on the list when modifying.

(Posted it on the next page for relevance)

• Like 4

But the user who posted the material will still see that it was given a negative. Imagine if you had thought of some seemingly-brilliant post and it got downvoted half a dozen times. Would you want to keep posting here? Would you want to keep adding to conversation? And the reaction is especially true if you were new to the forum.

Some people have thick skin and wouldn't be bothered by it, but the sense of community would take a hit.

If my post got downvoted half-a-dozen times, then perhaps it wasn't as seemingly-brilliant as I thought it was. And I would learn from that and improve my posts from that point forwards. I've interacted in numerous online communities and those that have a downvote option encourage their users to better their posts, and to be frank, if someone is too hurt over people disagreeing with them and downvoting them, perhaps they're not mature enough to be contributing to a forum.

5. The original Enchanted Voyage entrance is still there. Its next to The Great Pumpkin Coaster Its the big mural of Snoopy or the Pumpkin Patch. Its doors are there and its used for Carnevil during Haunt.

I mentioned this in a different post, but Enchanted Voyage's entrance is not still there. Those doors are Enchanted Theater's exit. But the shelter over the loading area for Smurf's Enchanted Voyage is the same shelter used for Great Pumpkin Coaster.

10. Der Spinning Keggers have to Flag poles next to Viking Fury.

It's Der Spinnen Keggers.

• Like 2

If you want to disagree without comment, just +1 an existing rebuttal.

Having a combination of upvoting/downvoting is useful for filtering a firehose of content, such as on comment sections of news stories. In a community discussion thread, responding as to why you disagree is much more useful than "downvoting" it without comment.

• Like 7

Sorry for my grammar error, I did not mean to start a war. Back to the remnants of past attractions, (Remember, thats what the thread is about?)... BB1 has made an interesting list. Maybe I'll just ride the back seat of the red racer (although wouldn't it be blue?) and see if I can find those trains. Don't know why, but Kings Island history fascinates me.

Thanks you guys for your interest in my Kings Island Remnants list. I had a great time making it and really enjoy finding all that stuff although it took me several trips to find it all. I am going to try as hard as I can to post some pictures of the remnants I found although Ive had limited success at that before. Thanks!

• Like 3

I think the gargoyle ould actually be great for Banshee with having the Church station

Agreed! And it could be modified to read the standard warnings about being seated, taking off loose shoes and the "Welcome back riders, how was your ride?" spiels.

Double agreed He really couldnt talk about the Prop Room I guess. That wouldnt make since to the younger generation. Ive always thought it would be interesting to have Maestro stand at the top of The Beast lift hill at say "You're not afraid are you"? right before going down into the tunnel.

• Like 2

Well, now I'll start my pictures of remnants list. Ive taken these pictures over the years and am very proud and happy to have found them all. Enjoy some Kings Island Past and Nostalgia!

Firstly, Remnants from my Phavorite, Phantom Theater From Creepy,Spooky Heads to Vacant Maestro's balcony. Even Chandliers.DSCF1269_zpsb3eedddc.jpgDSCF1813_zps5185019c.jpgDSCF1624_zps17f9651e.jpgDSCF1623_zps9af4bba1.jpgDSCF1814_zps6594a334.jpgDSCF1271_zps10f07394.jpgDSCF1270_zps61c1f247.jpg

,DSCF1272_zps78d7f73f.jpg

• Like 5

Next on our list is the lights from Lion Country Safari. See those two lights sticking up? Yes thats them.DSCF1263_zps38d2132e.jpg

Next up is The Bat, the orginal from 1981

DSCF1249_zps3bde8fa6.jpgDSCF1251_zps41c07400.jpgDSCF1599_zpsace895ff.jpgDSCF1608_zps35ab8032.jpgDSCF1244_zps4ce04193.jpgDSCF1250_zps300f5d20.jpg

.DSCF1243_zps8ce1d531.jpg

Next we've got Flight Commanders queue line, which I believe is now used as KillMart's line as well.DSCF1240_zpsce8d295d.jpgDSCF1241_zpsfa766315.jpg

Here we have the queue line and station for The Smurf's Enchanted Voyage

.DSCF1330_zpscbdda570.jpg

And now, Son of Beast

DSCF1326_zps98e30905.jpgDSCF1325_zps75f04dae.jpgDSCF1324_zpsc17f5d8b.jpgDSCF1323_zps68576a26.jpgDSCF1316_zps3df32c73.jpgDSCF1309_zps90f8daa8.jpgDSCF1600_zps6be1a881.jpg

Sky Ride tree Footer

rDSCF1328_zps47366fd3.jpg

.DSCF1327_zps523bfb36.jpg

SkyLab/Tumble Bug Queue Line

DSCF1329_zps89d8cc18.jpg

Eiffel Tower/Various Remnants Including Son of Beast Station and Parmount Trams way out in the corner behind Banshee.DSCF1615_zpsee6ff119.jpg

Face/Off Theming

DSCF1264_zpsc3150f30.jpg

King Cobra Footers/ Now gone due to Banshee Construction, they were dug up and put God knows where.DSCF1254_zps436e5457.jpgDSCF1253_zps2511daee.jpg

Son of Beast queue line/Station

DSCF1259_zpse3329127.jpgDSCF1257_zps6a037385.jpg

DSCF1260_zps65c426d7.jpg

Top Gun

DSCF1256_zpsac387dfd.jpgDSCF1258_zps6d0379e8.jpg

And lastly, The karts from Thunder Alley behind Firehawk

DSCF1291_zpsc6d69e3a.jpg.DSCF1291_zpsca96c424.jpg

Hope y'all enjoyed my list and my pictures. I also hope y'all go out and find these and some more remnants, theres plenty out there in the land of Kings Island. It did take me years to find all that Ive found, But it is fun and nostalgic to see a footer from "The Bat" or a Balcony or Face from Phantom Theater. To me it keeps the past in the present. Again I hope you enjoy this and my Boo Blasters on Boo Hill TLC, Phantom Boards picture on that forum. Thanks!

• Like 7

1. Son of Beast's Station along with its chain lift mechanism. also the original trains are behind Dinosaurs Alive! if you ride the back seat of the Red racer (i think) and look youll see them. Also the newer trains were used for haunt last year the Blue ones but they took off the Son of Beast sticker not sure if you saw them or not.
2. The lights from Lion Country Safari are directly under Congo Falls.
3. There are several Footers from the original Bat under Vortex and right next to the Station. Also the maintenance doors have two holes in them obviously to incorporate The Bat's suspended track. Along with The Bat's Station (except it was Orange not Blue.) and the stairs leading up the first lift hill on Vortex are from The Bat.
4. Going back to Son of Beast the queue line is still there and also whats left of the Track sticks out of the Station.
5. The original Enchanted Theater exit is still there. Its next to The Great Pumpkin Coaster Its the big mural of Snoopy or the Pumpkin Patch. Its doors are there and its used for Carnevil during Haunt; of which The Great Pumpkin Coaster's loading platform shelter was originally used for The Smurf's Enchanted Voyage.
6. Flight Commaders Queue is still there, which was used for Kill Mart.
7. Phantom Theater's entire queue line is present along with the Maestro's Balcony and Spooky faces that I think were supposed to be Maestro are in the Hallway. They've got boards on them and glowing red eyes and are all from Phantom Theater. (My Profile Picture) is one of them. who looks like Maestro. Also Kings Island has about all of the Animatronics and the Phantom Theater Mouse is used in Board to Death. Along with the Boiler Room furnace in Slaughterhouse Reloaded towards the end of that maze. And I think there's a few Phantom Theater things in Madame Fatales Cavern of Terror.
8. There may be a Few King Cobra Footers present behind Slingshot next to Banshee but they may have been removed although they were quite small and out of the way of Banshee's footers. Also King Cobra's Chain along with other parts of it might be in Flight of Fear. Althought the trains from King Cobra were moved back in 2008 to Kings Dominion to be used as spare parts for Shockwave. A clone of King Cobra down in Virginia. Those trains used to be in Flight of Fear but now i Think they are next to Volcano:The Blast Coaster from what Ive read.
9. The Paramount's Kings Island trams are clearly visible from the Top of the Eiffel Tower.
10. Der Spinnen Keggers have to Flag poles next to Viking Fury.
11. Sky Ride's Footer now has a tree in it but is still next to Adventure Express and behind the restaurant that used to be Bubba Gump's. I forget its present name but I think its Hanks Burrito Shack.
12. Top Gun's Stars are still there. If you turn around when you first step out of The Bat's entrance tunnel/Old Son of Beast tunnel you will see them.
13. SkyLab's queue line is now a prize storage room facility.
14. Tomb Raider The Ride's photo booth is still next to the same building that once housed it Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror.
15. The go cars from Thunder Alley are visible from Firehawk's queue line and lift hill.
16. A majority of the Scooby Doo and The Haunted Castle Props and Cardboard cutouts are used on Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.
17. The track from Phantom Theater is still there but the actuation of the Cars switched. But its still the same track from Phantom.
18. Also I have no idea what happened to the Phantom Theater Cars maybe someone can help me on this they used to be on display at the Bandstand before Blood Drum's became a hit.
19. Not really a remnant but the sign for Invertigo along with the actual Station is still colored to represent the Face/Off days.
20. Many of the Wild County Safari buildings remain except you have no way of accessing them. Along with the Trams from the Safari are at Jungle Jim's down the road; all except for the old restaurant, which is the Chicken Shack
21. Cars from the Jetson's Ride were also on display next to the Eiffel Tower and next to the Son of Beast trains.
22. The Crypt's seats are stored inside Flight of Fear and The Bat Demon is used for Haunt.
23. (LEAVING THIS BLANK FOR FUTURE ADDITION)
24. Also Im fairly sure the old Flight of Fear cars are stored inside Flight of Fear and there are some also behind Banshee. Behind Son of Beast's old Rosebowl Double Helix, near the Station of Son of Beast now.
25. The Flying Dutchman's launch pad is now the entrance to The Adventure Express.
26. I cant think of anything else except for througout the park there are various things that still say Paramount's Kings Island on them like the Trams and other things if you look hard enough.
(BB1)27. Guest Services BB stand is still noticeable from the Eiffel Tower.
28. The old Paramount placks in the Tower Gardens are face down/The old Paramount stars were still visible.
29. Old WaterWorks buildings still exist at Soak City
30. The old Boomerang Bay Kookaburra Bay fish on the semi submerged seating platform are still visible.

Just continue the list made by Maestro, if I could also ask to clarify anything that needs to be clarified with the said list, this way we cold keep it up to date and thorough. Please use your username to show your corrections and comments on the list when modifying.

UPDATED

• Like 1

That's what I am in the process of doing, I have a Word (Trademark) Document with the list that I am in the process of fixing. I will be posting the list every page so be looking out for the latest edition of it.

1. Son of Beast's Station along with its chain lift mechanism. also the original trains are behind Dinosaurs Alive! if you ride the back seat of the Red racer (i think) and look youll see them. Also the newer trains were used for haunt last year the Blue ones but they took off the Son of Beast sticker not sure if you saw them or not.

Wouldn't it be Blue Racer if you wanted to look at Dinosaurs Alive!?

• 2 weeks later...