Vortex train storage

diamonbackandbeastlover

Adventure Express used to park trains on the lift too back when they ran 3 train operation!

Correct...

Under 2 train operation the second train is parked (usually) on lift 2.

This is false because that's not how they do it on the Cedar Creek Mine Ride at Cedar Point.

Cedar Point and Kings Island are to complete different parks.

• Like 2

Adventure Express used to park trains on the lift too back when they ran 3 train operation!

Correct...

Under 2 train operation the second train is parked (usually) on lift 2.

This is false because that's not how they do it on the Cedar Creek Mine Ride at Cedar Point.

Cedar Point and Kings Island are to complete different parks.

That, my friend, was sarcasm.

Diamondback96, being helpful (or not!).

• Like 1

For what I've been told, I've never physically been there during a transfer but it takes awhile to move the track left and right because it has to be done slowly as there isn't anything to keep the cars from swinging, and the track also locks when in position when the table is moved left or right. Lastly there isn't a brake run after the transfer table so if it skids through and doesn't stop, you have to reset the transfer and do it again. I'm not sure how accurate this is as again this is all word of mouth from friends on that crew, I always wanted to see it's difficulty and how they carry it out but never did. The only time I know transfers were used was pre season when we pulled train 3 off of the ride before the ride opened to the GP.

• Like 1

The problem with flight deck is that the train has to be manually stopped right on the section of track that moves. As I recall from riding it, it doesn't stop right within this section, so manual braking would be needed as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

The problem with flight deck is that the train has to be manually stopped right on the section of track that moves. As I recall from riding it, it doesn't stop right within this section, so manual braking would be needed as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

When put in the correct mode, it will stop exactly where it's supposed to for transferring.

Iron Dragon is a different story as it has that goofy storage shed that's lower. I never understood why it or Corckscrew were that way.

• Like 2

^Same...Honestly only nice thing about having the transfer table drop to a separate storage track below was to do maint. whenever outside of guest view and to work around everything...

Btw under that station is hella loud...the solenoids open and close under there against a wall...no way you're taking a nap in there unless you get into the PLC room xD