Thunder Alley

KevKenny

I would like to see a go-kart track again, but the karts need to be faster and the track needs to be longer and have both left and right turns. That tiny oval with the slow karts was boring because someone driving at half-throttle along the inside barrier couldn't be passed at all even if you were going full-throttle, so all you could do was back off the gas pedal and wait for the end of the session. Cedar Point has much better go-kart tracks; I'd like to see something like those at KI.

• Like 2

They could always convert Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal that shoot-the-chutes ride into a karting track.

Of course they'd have to remove the water first. Still, it'd be fun. And maybe they'd actually fill up that queue for once...

I don't think the flume is as wide as you're imagining it is. And I typically see a pretty healthy queue for the ride (although a queue's length is never a way to gauge an attraction's popularity).

• Like 1

I believe I had said something before in the nature of this, but if they were to bring back the go-karts I think two different tracks would be cool. One track would be multi-level and fairly long with different twists/turns/etc and have karts that go a decent speed while having a second track for 18+ with race type karts that go 40mph on a track designed for them. This was done at one of the local rec areas not far from me where a person could choose their challenge. Also, there is another place not far from me called Fasttimes that has the race styled carts that go 40mph and you have to be 18+ to drive those. If you are under 18 you can still drive, you just can't drive the race karts.

That is of course, if they were to add go-karts back into the park. I could see this going over a lot better because at least there would be options and a bit more of a thrill. (I honestly enjoy going to Fasttimes myself and driving the race karts. Its a lot of fun going there with friends )

Or better yet...an all terrain go-kart course...imagine that! I own an all terrain kart and its a blast to take out and go off roading.

So many possibilities..none of which I am sure will happen...but I like throwing out ideas.

I recall once hearing that the go-karts were included with admission on a company buy-out day a few years back. The line was literally hours long.

Unless the park found a way to turn a typically low-capacity attraction into a high-capacity one, it's unlikely. Plus, instead of spending the funding to add another go-kart attraction, the park could instead invest in an actual addition.

• Like 6

On one hand, it would seem that a go-kart attraction would be popular, more so if the track is interesting.

On the other hand, if you pay 45$ or so to get into the park will you really want to spend 5-10 dollars to ride go karts, which takes time away other parts of the parks.

There are not many go karting tracks in the area so I would think people would want to, but then again, I wouldnt want to spend more money to go kart after I spent money to enter the park.

Plus with gas being almost 3.50 a gallon, I would think that the karts would lose money if you charged less than 10 dollars/round