KI Haunt 10/11/13

elyk

I went to the Halloween Haunt on Friday last week. I met up with a few friends. We did all of the mazes except cornstalkers and we had ridden Diamondback, Delirium, and Racer x2. Overall, I had a really great time .

My thoughts on the rides:

Diamondback- great ride, nice floater air, but SERIOUSLY what is up with that roughness at the bottom of the hills. I am quite a skinny guy and in the back seat I felt every part of skin on my body jiggle. I didnt know really how to explain it but that needs to be fixed. Oh and please clean the back of the seats thats nasty and I dont feel comfortable with leaning my head on that!

Racer- Awesome ride in first car third row. Awesome ejector air and very forceful. On another note, the last car second row is smoother than last car second row on DB. Thats not good at all...

Delirium- always a great flat that has loads of forces and climbs to dizzying heights.

On to the haunts:

Carnevil- this maze was really fun. I loved the incorporation of the 3d paint, bubbles etc. The actors did a really good job and they made me jump a few times.

Holiday Horror- Great, cheesy, and scary. This has always been one of my favorites. It definitely feels like a traditional haunted house and uses lots of jump scares. I liked it.

Tombstone Terrtory- The train ride was really nice with some guy blabberin on about robbers. Honestly, the part where they kicked you off the train was not executed very well and it was way too obvious it was planned out because the train stopped long before the scareactors kicked us off the train. This has to be one of my least favorites. It was poorly done with jus a few people hiding behind crates every few yards. Plus there were random Rubbermaid tubs on the ground like what? Had some ok scares, but not the best.

Madame Fatales- i just love love love this maze! the incorporation into a wax museum was genius and the actors were amazing! The theming was incredible and it used some new technology I havent seen before in other haunt mazes. One of my favorites.

Delta Delta Die- one of the weaker haunts. the actors were pretty good, but half the maze we were just meandering through hung up clothes. Plus there were elves, shouldnt they be in Holiday Horror. It was ok, but Massacre Manor beats DDD by far.

Board to Death- This is another one of my favorites. I loveee the animatronics, air guns, etc. The actors do a great job. I think the theming put into each room is very well done and this is one of the more unique haunts.

Cornstalkers- didnt do this one, but last year it was just a path meandering around with a few haybales along the sides every now and then. Most of the actors were behind crates, similar to Tombstone Terrtory.

Slaughterhouse- Another of the stronger haunts. Scary actors, gory themeing, oh and the chainsaw guy is back! Awesome.

Wolf Pack- its an ok maze, not the best but it has a decent theming, layout, and scares. Nice uses of animatronics. Not too great, but I'll still remember it.

Club Blood- ... A really good haunt with some very strong scares and nice themeing. This probably stands in the middle ranking up to the other haunts. The bungee person is so cool!

Urgent Scare-I really like this maze. It keeps a solid theme throughout and has plenty of gore, animatronics, and great scare tactics. I love the introduction of the elevator effect. That was really cool.

Scare Zones-

Nightmare Alley- Probably the worst of the scare zones. It definitely is a step up from last year, but i still cant get over how terrible those eyeballs look

Cemetery Drive- good every year. I like all the tombstones and how the actors are very versatile and hide in many places. Always a few good scares here.

Freak Street-the same as every year, good lasers, lighting, fog, do I need to go on. The actors do a great job. Definitely a solid scare zone.

Backwoods Bayou- this was interesting. it was basically a one way trail/scarezone with plenty of good actors and a swamp theme. good scares and animatronics. my only complaint with this one was that the ground was wet. It hadnt rained anytime that day or the day before, but it was slopping wet. I guess they were just washing the path or trying to achieve that "swampy" feel.

Had a good time, blah blah blah. Thanks everyone. Sorry for any grammatical errors: written on a phone , of course .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 7

Didn't you think the first half of Board 2 Death was too dark? It was Saturday night and I didn't think it was like that the first time I went a week before. You really missed most of the theming. Especially in the mouse trap room.

And disappointing Slaughterhouse's finale with the inflatables wasn't pitch black like I remembered - and there was never an actor in the middle like they used to do! That was the best finale. I really miss Massacre Manor. It had that pitch black room - I feel like we're missing an "Abyss" or "Blackout" maze where they just utilize the darkness.

• Like 1

I thought Backwoods Bayous was fantastic but man they need to do something to increase the capacity on Tombstone Territory it was horrible. I waited for everything else no more than 30 to maybe 40 minutes saturday but TT was darn near 2 hours. They took forever to load the trains!

The biggest problem with Tombstone is that the drop-off point to get to the maze portion is just over a quarter of the way into the train's layout and the trains have to go the entire route to get back to Rivertown station. Now that Howl-o-Palooza is out of both Planet Snoopy and the Picnic Grove, I don't know why they won't utilize sections of the Grove and/or the path leading to Soak City to create one large walk-through attraction similar to what Universal Hollywood does for their Terror Tram:

It would be unique to dress up portions of the Grove into a ghost town with saloon and jail facades, maybe a giant barn for guests to walk through. There's also a maintenance path that sits in between Flying Ace and RFYLCB and connects to the back of Picnic Grove that could also be utilized so that guests exit close to the train should they have family/friends waiting and don't want to walk all the way over to Peanuts Playhouse.

• Like 1