Any activity in WW?

IcarusLives

I haven't had a chance to get to the park for a while so I wondered if anybody has been able to see any activity in Water Works? Any removal of slides or anything? I know final details of what's going to be built are still to come but with the area being closed for almost two weeks now, I thought maybe they would have started to do something.

I would bet that the majority of concrete work, isn't going to happen until this fall or next spring. Concrete doesn't do well, in certain extreme conditions, and it may be the fact, that there isn't really that much concrete work needed to be done. if they are going to dig up and remove concrete, then the finish work of concrete is usually one of the last things that happens at a job site, just before it opens to whomever.

I would bet that the majority of concrete work, isn't going to happen until this fall or next spring. Concrete doesn't do well, in certain extreme conditions, and it may be the fact, that there isn't really that much concrete work needed to be done. if they are going to dig up and remove concrete, then the finish work of concrete is usually one of the last things that happens at a job site, just before it opens to whomever.

You are correct that the concrete work is one of the last things completed, BUT........a project of this magnitude takes more than just being prepared to do the job. They have to draw the plans (have they?), get bids (Modern Day Concrete has seen nothing yet), PKI needs to collect the bids and make some decisions (does it fit the budget?), make any changes or decide to go ahead with project, get contractors under contract, begin demolition/order materials/scope of work, etc., there is alot of preparation that goes into something like this. I'm just surprised that the plans and scope of work have not been completed yet. Seems like PKI is definitely behind on this one, unless the rumors of a major water problem are correct.

I am not trying to get Modern Day Concrete in trouble, because they basically told me "all they know is that they've heard nothing". They didn't start any negative rumors or anything....they just said "they knew nothing at this point"....which lead me to believe things were behind schedule and there might be a water problem as rumored.

These are just my opinions. I"m sure this post will get deleted by the rumor police on this board. Everytime I post something like this, the PKI rumor police delete stuff......which makes no sense at all. If you even slightly criticize PKI, they zap you......hilarious.

im just curious to know as to when we are going to find out what is going to happen. they said labor day weekend and i know announcements for some business industries don't get out promptly, however is this water problem something to blame for the delayed announcement?

when are we going to hear what is going to happen to king's island's beloved water park?

The plans are already finished for the new water park and odds are most of the bids have been answered and are ready for the preliminary de/constrution of the site. They already said there will be far less concrete and much more grass, so they probably won't worry about that till later... at least for sidewalks and other pathways and lounge areas.

The plans are already finished for the new water park and odds are most of the bids have been answered and are ready for the preliminary de/constrution of the site. They already said there will be far less concrete and much more grass, so they probably won't worry about that till later... at least for sidewalks and other pathways and lounge areas.

I hope you are wrong about the grass part, as IMO, that is going to make things much worse. Grass+wet Feet= Grass stuck to feet, which ends up in everything that has water in it. In this day and age, one would think there is some kind of sand like syntehtic, that won't stick to your feet, be soft to walk on, and still look good spread all over the place. Even the thin bermuda grass that grows in such places as Florida and the Carolinas sticks to your feet sometimes.

I don't think he meant walking on grass, maybe just less of the current paths. They are like twice the size of the paths out in the main park.

As with stepping on broken glass. You can't have glass bottles in the park and we don't sell them either. Any alcoholic beverage that is sold (whether it came from a bottle or a keg) gets poured into a cup. Most of the alcohol that we sell which does come in a bottle, is made out of plastic.

I just had a thought about why no work has been done yet... Every year the park holds a "Cure for Diabeties" walk in the park. They start and end the walk in the waterpark as well as do the registration, give out hotdogs and drink, and give T-shirts to those who got a certain amount of pledges for their walk. If anything.... the park is now waiting for the end of September to announc... The walk is either next week (the last weekend in September) or the week after (the first weekend in October). It would just make sense to wait until that is over with before construction starts.

I saw that today when I left the park. It also appears as if they have been doing some work on that tower near the front of the waterpark. PKI is gonna have problems hiding the progress of Boomerang Bay, considering the elevation changes in the parking lot, easily allow you to see over the fence, and a zoom lens will do the rest. Hopefully we can get good pics of this construction site.

They can do stuff to trust me. Car companies do it all the time. They somehow manage to keep people from seeing the next year models.

The only reason that car companies can do that, is because they have warehouses, and keep those cars wrapped in plastic even if they are out on the lot. Boomerang Bay is in the wide open outdoors, not some warehouse. They are going to have trouble hiding a freaking trackhoe with a huge bucket on the end of it, especially, since the park and ride lot, offers enough elevation change for people to be able to see what is going on. I think they won't try to hide it, since we all have some idea what is going on, and we will be able to see some of it, even if they don't want us to. Obviously we won't get to see everything, but I bet we will be able to see a bunch of it.

PKI wants us to see what is going on in the off-season, it causes conversation which is virtually free advertising.

Also considering all the construction pics that were taken of Delirium and SDatHC by PKI themselves and even when TR:TR was being built, I doubt that their attitude has changed for BB.

Unless they put up "No Tresspassing" signs up for the parking lot, you could watch the construction on a daily basis. ph34r.gif

I really don't think PKI is going to try to hide construction in BB. They have already released pics of what's it going to look like and somebody on this board said they will be releasing a computer generated tour of the area. Their not building anything "ground breaking" or "record breaking" so there is no reason to be secretive about construction.