My encounter with a wild animal during Haunt

KI-ORIG-EMP

Growing up I had a friend who had a pair of pet skunks, offensive glands removed of course. They were both very friendly, and loved to be held. Now these skunks came from a pretty long line of bred in captivity ancestors, could make a difference. Also both were female, could have something to do with it as well.

• Like 2

As of 2011 they did hire a pest control expert to come in the park at night and try and trap raccoons, squirrels, etc.

I think you underestimate the number of these creatures that live out in the woods behind the park. There are almost 200 acres of unused land that they probably live in.

• Like 3

The key to any encounter with a skunk is to not make it feel threaten in any way. That white stripe down its back is a warning to stay away, just like the rattle on a rattlesnake. Otherwise, hope you have lots of tomato juice or what ever it takes to get the perfume off your body! :)

• 2 weeks later...

There has been an unusual amount of skunks this year at Halloween Haunt, first week i went i encountered a skunk who was standing at the front door of the festhaus, 2 weeks later there was a skunk walking on the rocks while i was standing in the Diamondback line... A week after that there was a raccoon sitting ontop of The Beast vending machines while i was standing in line.

• Like 2