What is Truly Cincinnati?

BB1

Day after day I hear tag lines and mottos of or about Cincinnati. This phrase and repetition of the city has began to hatch thoughts on what truly is Cincinnati? Is it a park that is 30 minutes away? Or is it the Germanic heritage that many can trace back to? All of which could be correct in a sense, so what are your thoughts?

When I think Cincinnati, I think of the zoo and the city skyline (not Skyline Chili, but how the city skyline looks from afar). Although I'm not much of a sports fan, the Reds and the Bengals are both Cincinnati traditions that also come to mind when I think of the city.

• Like 2

Growing up Cincinnati was all about chili and sports. Since I have moved away from the area Cincinnati now is "ALMOST HOME!" Nothing like passing "Florence Ya'll" knowing that the awesome city skyline will fill your view coming through the cut in the hill. (When I lived in Colorado.. it was exciting to see the Cincinnati/Dayton signs).

• Like 6

• Being a pro football fan who learns not to get too excited when the home team is ahead by more than a touchdown, even during the final 2 minutes;

• Being a pro baseball, well, watcher who has felt the exhileration of watching the home team win the World Series more than once in his long lifetime;
  • The number 4,192 - Don't care if Pete Rose is banned for life; that's a memory that I choose to cherish;
  • Bob Shreve's Past Prime Playhouse, which remains in the hearts of many a Cincinnatian;
  • The Garfield Suites Hotel, and its world-class amusement park creating general manager, Gary; and...
  • Ah, the Name is Bootsy, Baby!
  • Like 5