Planning a trip for Friday.

OpSonofBeast

Hello guys. I'm planning on going to the park tomorrow around 6 for the Haunt. I saw that it's going to be anywhere from 30 to 50 degrees outside so I'm planning on dressing warmly. What about crowds though? Will it be busy since it's the last friday of the season? Or will it be completely dead? Some where in the middle? If anyone could let me know I'll give you a virtual high five :)

Even if there are heavy crowds, they will be much lighter than Saturday's crowds. Plan your time well, and you should be able to get a lot done regardless.

• Get to the gate early; absolutely no later than 5:30pm.
  • Plan to do haunts that will attract long lines (Madam Fatale's, Wolf Pack, CarnEvil, Tombstone Terror-tory, Slaughterhouse) either very early (6pm-7pm) or very late (11:30pm-1am).
  • If a line is unreasonably long, skip it and do something else.
  • If ride lines are long, try to get night rides on Beast and Diamondback just after nightfall (~7:30pm) and/or in the last hour of park operation.
  • If lines for everything are long, ride Flight Deck, Adventure Express, and/or Vortex. (Do this even if the lines aren't long.)

Crowds tend to get heavier towards the end of Haunt, but Kings Island attendance is highly influenced by weather. Cold temperatures will undoubtedly keep some people away. Trying to predict crowds is usually futile; just go and have a good time.

• Like 3

Even if you don't need glasses, see if you have a pair of goggles or glasses with a good nerd strap.

Riding DB and The Beast In the cold can be a little punishing, and sometimes you end up squinching your eyes shut and losing out a bit on the ride.

I once rode DB in the cold rain, and afterwards, it felt like I got my whole face tattooed.

• Like 5

As of now I am planning to go that day. I'm expecting decent crowds, but not miserable ones.

Five words: Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror.

It won't be that bad. You've already seen the inside with the lights on. Now just turn the lights off and add a few dozen people like you and me in costume. Simple as that. :)

• Like 2

We loved the Wolf Pack. I think it was the best. I also enjoyed the Train One (the name of the ride escapes me.) Madame Fatale's we liked really well, too.

Last Friday night, the crowds were not horrible over all (aside from Beast and Diamond Back). I am hoping with cooler/cold temps it will be not as busy as last week.

As of now I am planning to go that day. I'm expecting decent crowds, but not miserable ones.

It won't be that bad. You've already seen the inside with the lights on. Now just turn the lights off and add a few dozen people like you and me in costume. Simple as that. :)

I'll be with a friend with his first time at Haunt, and he isn't really interested in the haunts. I enjoy night rides. :)

• Like 5

I'll be with a friend with his first time at Haunt, and he isn't really interested in the haunts. I enjoy night rides. :)

Excuses, excuses. :P Seriously, you should give it a try. Break away from the group briefly if you need to.

• Like 3

I went last Friday night and I was correct in heeding prior advice that told me to get to the park early. I've noticed that Slaughter House fills up pretty quickly, so get to it early if you'd like to do it. And on recommendations on Haunts, I'm not the best guy to ask as I haven't done many mazes and I'm not a huge fan of getting scared, but I did do Slaughter House this year and enjoyed it. I've also done Tombstone Territory in the past (3 years ago) and it wasn't too bad.

Start at Club Blood, Wolf Pack, then Slaughter House.

For some reason that I can not figure out, Club Blood is so stupidly popular.

Wold Pack is just "eh". Don't want to wait very long for it.

Slaughter House is the best! Look out for Sam the butcher (one of our very own posters here)

Then Head up toward Coney Maul. Hit Delta Delta Lame, I mean Die, then go to Board To Death, then Urgent Snore, I mean Scare!

After Urgent Scare, go through Madame, then CarnEvil, then Holiday Horrors.

Get in line for the train before 8 pm. It seems to have the longest combined wait. Wait for the train, then wait for the return trip.

Cornstalkers is so good this year. Much better than previous seasons.

Back Yard Bayou or what ever it is called, (every park has a "bayou" this year.) is really awesome, and has great props.

Basically, start with your indoor mazes, and do all of those before 8pm.

Some worth repeating:

CarnEvil

Slaughter House

Bayou

Board To Death

Cornstalkers

Also, you MUST go see Ed Alonzo! HYSTERICAL!

So holding hands with girls getting numbers, easily a kiss isn't worth going through them? Man times changed...back then I loved being single going though those things

I had way too much fun

My parents are on these forums, not so sure they would be too happy with me picking up girls...

• Like 1