Coaster Clubs?

fanofFirehawk

I have always given special tribute to GOCC IMO..I like the direction they go & their media coverage/group stuff...I haven't renewed in forever because I didn't know I was coming back here and...just procrastination...they're still great

Recently I haven't liked ACE, esp with the pay increase they've pushed out..But I really haven't ever liked ACE honestly...some of their members and stuff drive me nuts

Club TPR I absolutely refuse to join because of the head of the club...Self explanatory

Coaster Crew just...their video opening was enough to distract me from them...that male singing and just odd video...just no..."The fellowship" xD

Coasterbuzz is nice, I would have been with them but GOCC was cheaper, and I'm personally more friends with people from GOCC.

Those are the main clubs I've associated with during my time as an enthusiast..

• Like 4

Club Coasterfusion is the club I have been in the past two years. They were invited to Gatekeeper's media day so they should be invited to Banshee's media day as well. We used the membership for Virginia is for Coaster Lovers, Holiwood Nights, andCoastermania. Definitely worth it because its cheap ($20, +$5 for any more members) and you get most major events.

Wow, after one glance at TPR it already seems to me like it's quite obnoxious and would get annoying to be a part of FAST...

And what's with all the freakin' donkeys?!?!... :blink:

I am a member of ClubTPR, and quite enjoy it.

I will be renewing my ClubTPR membership in February.

... and I will also withdraw my next statement, because no one here will like it.....

Wow, after one glance at TPR it already seems to me like it's quite obnoxious and would get annoying to be a part of FAST...

And what's with all the freakin' donkeys?!?!... :blink:

I am a member of ClubTPR, and quite enjoy it.

I will be renewing my ClubTPR membership in February.

... and I will also withdraw my next statement, because no one here will like it.....

What is your next statement?

List of all accepted coaster clubs for Gatekeeper's media day:

• ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) www.aceonline.org
  • CoasterBuzz www.coasterbuzz.com
  • CoasterCommunity www.coastercommunity.com
  • Coaster Crew www.coastercrew.net
  • Coaster Fusion Club www.coasterfusionclub.com
  • Coaster Zombies www.coasterzombies.com
  • DAFE (Darkride and Funhouse Enthusiasts) www.dafe.org
  • European Coaster Club www.coasterclub.org
  • FLCC (Florida Coaster Club) www.floridacoasterclub.com
  • GOCC (Great Ohio Coaster Club) www.greatohiocc.org
  • MACC (Mid-Atlantic Coaster Club) www.coasterdan.com/macc/
  • NAPHA (National Amusement Park Historical Association) www.napha.org
  • RCCGB (Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain) www.rccgb.co.uk
  • Club TPR www.themeparkreview.com
  • WNYCC (Western New York Coaster Club) www.wnycc.org

These will probably be the same for Banshee.

• Like 5

But seriously, I want to know. What's with all the donkeys on TPR? Is it an inside joke?

It was an inside joke. Someone said something like "I like Donkeys."

Basically it is a shout out to that person.

This is what I got with my membership, plus $10 that I paid for the shirt.

164975_4912699617473_785651330_n.jpg

Plus I received later a ClubTPR window cling for my car:

581694_10200506716812584_991759721_n.jpg

Also was given $10 TPR store credit upon sign up, a potato chip clip/magnet, and a regular refrigerator magnet that I do not have a photo of just yet.

• Like 1

With media day events, is there a charge beyond a club membership and a season pass? We will be joining a club soon - GOCC probably. Just wanting to put back additional money if we need to. Yes, I know it's six months away, but we don't want to miss a thing. I read in a couple threads that there should be a winter tour possible. Will that be something planned a few days in advance or last minute?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^ It's very unlikely that media day will require any fee, beyond presenting a recognized paid coaster club membership or other invitation.

Don told us in June to keep the weekend before the Super Bowl (January 25-26) open, so it seems likely that there will be an offseason tour. This is far from certain, and a fee may or may not be required. There would be sufficient advance notice, and you'd almost certainly need to RSVP. Keep an eye on the forum so you don't miss out!

After the park opens for the season, we were told that the park will host an enthusiast event to coincide with the debut of Banshee. This would be open to both members of this site and members of recognized coaster clubs. A fee beyond park admission may or may not be required.

There's also discussion about an unofficial holiday party/meetup in December, likely at Great Wolf Lodge. See http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28479-kic-holiday-partymeetupbash (Reservations for this would need to be completed very soon.)

• Like 2

Until the Scream Like a Banshee contest I had no idea about media day. Until Sunday, I did not realize there were other groups beyond ACE. I can't afford ACE.

I really appreciate the input from the ones who have enlightened me to other clubs and the benefits of becoming a club member. I really had no idea there was more than having a card, getting a tshirt and meeting up with people to ride coasters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5