Coaster Clubs?

fanofFirehawk

• 1 month later...

I was looking forward to Media Day and I have some questions for anyone to answer. I was looking into joining GOCC for Media Day, but encountered several different levels of membership. Would the most basic level be accepted for Media Day? Also, what's the difference between single and family? Does family come with more than one card? Could I get more than one person into Media Day on the family level? I know nothing official has been announced yet, but I was getting tired of waiting and thought I'd get some opinions.

^^Usually for events like Holi-Wood Nights and Coastermania there is a $20 Membership fee requirement. I would recommend going for the $20 membership, It's only $5 more, The Streak is pretty cool to have, and It gets you into more events.

^ GOCC and CoasterBuzz are good starters, it's a good value and gets you into plenty of local coaster events. ACE and TPR are good if you want to expand the amount of coaster events you want to attend but are a little pricey. Though personally I don't like the leaders, or in the case of TPR Dictator for Life, of either Club.

• Like 5

I was looking forward to Media Day and I have some questions for anyone to answer. I was looking into joining GOCC for Media Day, but encountered several different levels of membership. Would the most basic level be accepted for Media Day? Also, what's the difference between single and family? Does family come with more than one card? Could I get more than one person into Media Day on the family level? I know nothing official has been announced yet, but I was getting tired of waiting and thought I'd get some opinions.

Single is just that: one membership card for one person. Single memberships must receive a mailed Streak newsletter to be eligible for HoliWood Nights.

Couple is two cards for two people (can be any two people as long as they reside at the same address; does not have to be a "couple" in the romantic sense). If mailed, a couple gets one copy of each edition of Streak.

Family covers everyone at the same address, with a separate membership card for each person. If mailed, family memberships receive two copies of each Streak edition.

• Like 3

This thread has totally answered a question I asked in the Media Day Thread! I will be joining GOCC, after a long time following them and checking out all of their content online and hearing what people here have had to say about them, I am totally with them! Can't wait to become an official member!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Two months...

It has been over TWO MONTHS since I paid for my Club TPR membership and I have still not received any of welcoming stuff.

An e-mail shall be put into order...

Robb has been in India I believe. There was a whole discussion about this on the TPR forum.

I received an email on 3/6 stating "Your welcome packet with your Club TPR membership card and other goodies should arrive in about 10 - 15 business days from receiving this email."

So they are working on sending them out.

• Like 4

It took a few months for me to get mine. I imagine they will make sure everything is out to people by Banshee media day.

I know that most clubs set a join deadline for this purpose. We shall see how many stay on schedule. I already have mine from GOCC and Coaster Crew, so I am good, but I know some have yet to receive and joined when I did. Not sure if they just haven't updated getting it or not or if it really hasn't been sent.

There's a Coaster Crew section here on KIC; you could try asking there. Coaster Crew VP Tim Holloran (coasterboysfne) checks in there occasionally. If he doesn't respond in a short period of time, I can poke him on Facebook for you since I have him as a friend there.

EDIT: I only thought of this after submitting the post: you could also just send a PM to coasterboysfne, which would be more likely to grab Tim's attention.

• Like 1

Thank you so much!

Edit (to avoid double posting): How long should I wait for a response? I sent the message last night.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Whoops, I only saw this just now. Give it a few days; Tim is busy with a GOCC/Coaster Crew joint event at Dollywood today. Hopefully he should respond next week.

In other news, my GOCC renewal notice arrived in the mail today. :)

Hooray. It's been over 3 weeks since the money was taken off for my Coaster Crew membership, and still no card. I now have a seriously PO'd mother, and a father who isn't far behind. I hope I hear something soon.

Sorry that I keep complaining. It's just frustrating, especially since the one I did after doing my own, arrived like, 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk