12,000 Rides for Don Helbig on the Racer

The Interpreter

Wow. Had long had he gone between rides? What was special about tonight's ride? Which seat was he in?

Don a huge congrats sir. I hope ride 12000 was just as memorable and great as ride 1. Here is hoping you get another 12000 rides in on the beautiful roller coaster.

I wonder which era or season of The Racer did Don love the most? Was the early racer better than the later? Was 85 better than 93?

In all seriousness, Congrats Don. It makes me know that our park is in safe hands when a true enthusiast is one of the people behind the scenes making our park what it is.

• Like 12

Congratulations Don!

Wow. Had long had he gone between rides? What was special about tonight's ride? Which seat was he in?

Don a huge congrats sir. I hope ride 12000 was just as memorable and great as ride 1. Here is hoping you get another 12000 rides in on the beautiful roller coaster.

I wonder which era or season of The Racer did Don love the most? Was the early racer better than the later? Was 85 better than 93?

In all seriousness, Congrats Don. It makes me know that our park is in safe hands when a true enthusiast is one of the people behind the scenes making our park what it is.

By the picture that I saw he was in the front row on Red.

I don't want to dampen the parade...but do you think its possible he might have forgotten a ride or three, or simply skipped a few notches, say somewhere around 6347 and suddenly jumped to 6353 unbeknownst?

I hold the position that he has only ridden 11197 times or 12003 times.

Still...incredible either way.

Congratulations! I do think, also, it is neat that someone with a true affinity for the "product" is now employed, in part, to market it. This assures that the main thrust of your job is a hobby. So, congratulations on that as well!

Here's my "milestone" gift for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mason+ohio+chiropractors&oq=mason+ohio+chiropractors&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.8471j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

• Like 6

Public Relations Area Manager for Kings Island, Don Helbig, (KingsIslandPR) takes his 12,000 ride on The Racer on 10/27/13. According to his Twitter and Facebook page Don states: "Closed out the 2013 season at Kings Island by taking my 12,000th ride on The Racer roller coaster with Maria (Don's daughter). It was my first ride on The Racer since August 24, 2011"

Congratulations Don on your 12,000 ride! I can't think of a better way to end the 2013 season or a better person to make that 12,000 lap with on The Racer!

BXn2XmTCUAEqylj.jpg

• Like 15

Public Relations Area Manager for Kings Island, Don Helbig, (KingsIslandPR) takes his 12,000 ride on The Racer on 10/27/13. According to his Twitter and Facebook page Don states: "Closed out the 2013 season at Kings Island by taking my 12,000th ride on The Racer roller coaster with Maria (Don's daughter). It was my first ride on The Racer since August 24, 2011"

Congratulations Don on your 12,000 ride! I can't think of a better way to end the 2013 season or a better person to make that 12,000 lap with on The Racer!

BXn2XmTCUAEqylj.jpg

See? I hold to my theory that riding with your dad is ALWAYS a good memory.

• Like 12

I don't want to dampen the parade...but do you think its possible he might have forgotten a ride or three, or simply skipped a few notches, say somewhere around 6347 and suddenly jumped to 6353 unbeknownst?

I hold the position that he has only ridden 11197 times or 12003 times.

Still...incredible either way.

TRUST ME, he didn't. That guy knows how many times he's done everything. He's like Rain Man.
  • Like 9