Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

With Banshee being built, I know there have been numerous rumors over a re-theming for AZ and renaming of rides. Of these rumors I have heard the following:

Flight Deck painted orange and re-named The Bat
Drop Tower renamed Demon Drop

However, I was wondering... what would Delirium and Invertigo be renamed to? No thoughts yet on Delirium, but while researching CF trademarks, trying to get more info about The Bat, and if there's a trademark for that, I came across this:

http://www.trademarkia.com/stinger-85439858.html

The Stinger

stinger-85439858.jpg

Anyone know anything about this? The only CF parks I have ever been to are KI and CP so I don't know if there are any rides in their other parks named The Stinger.... but looking at the logo, I think it could be a good fit for a re-theming of Invertigo.... however, not sure how that theme would fit in with the bright paint job of it :P I just don't see that ride being re-painted so soon, especially not if Flight Deck is going to get an entire makeover....

But am curious about this Stinger at the very least, and would love to hear others' opinions regarding the rumors of re-themed AZ for 2014.

Edit: Thanks to my brother Oldiesmann for helping me out. Apparently this is a ride at Dorney park, and the same color as Invertigo.... so this could be quite probable to re-theme Invertigo.

• Like 1

stinger is a clone of Kings Islands Invertigo, the ride itself was originally called intvertigo but when it was moved from California's great American to dorney park, it was repainted and renamed to stinger.

• Like 1

With Banshee being built, I know there have been numerous rumors over a re-theming for AZ and renaming of rides. Of these rumors I have heard the following:

Flight Deck painted orange and re-named The Bat

Drop Tower renamed Demon Drop

However, I was wondering... what would Delirium and Invertigo be renamed to? No thoughts yet on Delirium, but while researching CF trademarks, trying to get more info about The Bat, and if there's a trademark for that, I came across this:

http://www.trademarkia.com/stinger-85439858.html

The Stinger

Posted Image

Anyone know anything about this? The only CF parks I have ever been to are KI and CP so I don't know if there are any rides in their other parks named The Stinger.... but looking at the logo, I think it could be a good fit for a re-theming of Invertigo.... however, not sure how that theme would fit in with the bright paint job of it :P I just don't see that ride being re-painted so soon, especially not if Flight Deck is going to get an entire makeover....

But am curious about this Stinger at the very least, and would love to hear others' opinions regarding the rumors of re-themed AZ for 2014.

Edit: Thanks to my brother Oldiesmann for helping me out. Apparently this is a ride at Dorney park, and the same color as Invertigo.... so this could be quite probable to re-theme Invertigo.

As someone else pointed out, "The Pit and Pendulum" would work for Delirium.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It's clearly not a ride trademark. Probably not a haunt trademark as none of the others are. An area in a park fits the trademark they filed. Does that mean its Action Zone? No, but it fits. Unless they've already used this name at another park.

I will have to do some research on that. I could see Delirium being left as is. I wouldn't mind seeing the area where The Bat and Banshee are being made into its own sub-section and given a name, like X-Base is a sub section of Coney Mall :) I don't know about action dark though. I mean it could work since that's Action Zone but I don't like the name lol

Amusement Dark makes me think of a nighttime event deal, similar to Cedar Point's Luminosity or Six Flags' iLuminate or igNIGHT. Music, dancing, lights, all that jazz, strictly present to encourage guests to spend longer in the park and spend more on food, merchandise, etc.

• Like 3

I just realized that they could turn Action Zone into a graveyard, renaming current rides to past rides, (such as the ones mentioned in the Banshee video) and have the Banshee, who wails at the death of others.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Ooh creative!!! I like that!

• Like 1

Gosh this park is jumping' since Ouimet took over. It's like a giant Christmas present. New rides, theming, etc., I can't wait 'til opening day! All the things I love about amusement parks keeps happening.

Now if we could create a Secret Garden from Tower Gardens.... just bringing that up.

• Like 8

Did a quick Google search for "Amusement Dark" and didn't get any good leads. Just several sites with the trademark info and some other stuff. It was filed in March for amusement park services and various souvenirs so maybe Banshee, The Bat, and EXtreme Skyflyer will be part of a sub section called Amusement Dark. That would REALLY work out well for Halloween Haunt 2014, with Club Blood and Wolf Pack being back there as well.

• Like 3

I agree with Spectrum that Amusement Dark sounds more like a nighttime event than a park section. It would work but i'm jsut not a big fan of the name for a aprk section, works great for an event though.

As for renaming other rides I love the idea of Delirium being a Pit and the Pendulum theme. Just need to repaint it to match which wouldn't be too hard for a ride of it's size.

Also Drop Tower becoming Guillotine would be great.

As far as Invertigo, with it's new colors I've always kind of imagined it with a bit of a ghost theme to it, so maybe something like Poltergeist. New logo could have a ghost on it with it's body forming the track shape a bit, just worried it might look too much like Banshee's though. Could also put a bunch of gravestones aroudn teh ground under it to make it be like a ghost flying through a graveyard.

They might retheme the theme the whole area over time but I really think for 2014 we are just going to have a new mini-zone with Bat, Banshee and Xtreme Skyflyer

• Like 4

The main point is what would fit? Would a full halloween area fit with the pre existing attractions? I wouldn't say for it to be fully true with Congo, but it is very likely in that you could easily modify themes in the Action Zone to "Amusement Dark". Which of course we may get a small area for just Bat and Banshee from the contrast to the themes of Action Zone. Just remember, Screamin' Demon is not a shabby name for Invertigo, or in YoungStudian, "Invertiblow".

• Like 1