Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

Just an off the wall idea, but how about the "amusement dark" only kicks in after dark? Maybe have a sign entering the area that says "somename amusement park" in neon or led lights, and at night, have part of the sign go out like its faulty, showing "amusement dark". At that point the fog effects, and creepy music could kick in, and they could have a couple haunts in the area open. The biggest problem I see with that, is it really worth doing that for the few hours of dark that the park is open during the summer? In the sumer, if it gets dark and 9 and the park closes at 10, is it really worth messing with? I guess they could extend the park hours some, but, again, is it really worth it?

Just a thought.

• Like 1

I guess I'm the minority, but I think Amusement Dark is an awful name. If they're going to change Action Zone to something else, they can no doubt do better.

It's better than Son of Beast.....

I guess I'm the minority, but I think Amusement Dark is an awful name. If they're going to change Action Zone to something else, they can no doubt do better.

I don't think it is an awful name but they could do better, I would prefer something like Spooky hallow.

I think we don't need another play on words.

• Like 1

Why not Danger Zone? ;) I don't like Amusement Dark. It just doesn't have a good sound to it. Not that I have a real suggestion, yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Gun has been renamed twice. We don't need to bring it back.

I hope that reference isn't lost among all you young'uns.

- Homestar92, who has recorded many "Loggins" on KICentral, but is certainly not named Kenny...

• Like 5

Congo Falls could be renamed Lost River. However, IMO, I think that name should be reserved for a new dark ride/watercoaster combo type ride that could utilize the current Congo Falls station and possibly leave the area and go into the valley/bufferzone west of the ride, then return to the current splash area.

If they are going to invest time and money into a water ride like that, I would prefer a new ride, preferably in RiverTown but I really wouldn't mind if was in Congo spot just add a little more, it is really plain and simple, which sometime is good, but really I'd like to see something more elaborate come out of an investment like that.

Renaming it and giving a little theming and facelift would be A-Okay with me though but really I would love a CopperHead in Rivertown.

Still wanna know why no one but me sees any potential in Invertigo being renamed Stinger

I like it.

The name would fit well with a darker theme, they already have rights to the name, and the ride wouldn't need repainting. Just a new sign and HOPEFULLY a much needed station repainting.

• Like 3

Yikes. I didn't know that lol yeah not cool. Only time I have seen Invertigo evacuated was twice in the 2012 season when the air compressor for the restraint release or whatever broke and trapped riders on the ride in the station.... Maintenance had to come out, crawl under the seats and manually undo the restraints lol

Still wanna know why no one but me sees any potential in Invertigo being renamed Stinger

What's the point?
Speculation of re-theming AZ into something dark...
Stinger doesn't have a "dark" connotation to it. I don't see a reason to change the name when Invertigo can already sound dark.
  • Like 2